FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Tiki Door and Pirate Ship projects - Lots of Pics!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Tiki Door and Pirate Ship projects - Lots of Pics!
pariartspaul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-12 4:29 pm   Permalink

Aloha all you tiki people!

As I mentioned before, weve been meeting lots of local artists since we moved here to Sacramento 2 years ago and I thought Id share some recent projects. We did an exchange recently with a great metal artist here Joe Scarpa
http://scarpastudios.home.att.net/. I designed a pirate themed tree house he wanted to build for his son Parker. In exchange, Joe created a fantastic metal tiki door for us. It is a screen/security door all welded of metal. He made it all from scratch, including forming the metal to make the half round bamboo trim. One of the six small masks is based on one of our pariarts masks, and Joe made all the rest up.

Yes there are torch holders there with real torches so we can light them when we have parties. How cool is that?!

The treehouse isnt tiki but I thought you all might enjoy seeing the work in it. I worked out the design with a one inch scale model and I based it on the old Jolly Roger pirate ship that used to be at Disneyland. Joe used the model as a guide for his construction and followed every detail! You can see the full size treehouse looks just like the model. I helped out on a few details like turning the railings and bowsprit with my new lathe.

The treehouse is almost finished. It just needs paint and some small details. It looks like the kids love it!
What do you all think?

[ This Message was edited by: pariartspaul on 2005-04-12 16:31 ]

[ This Message was edited by: pariartspaul on 2005-04-12 16:34 ]

View Profile of pariartspaul Send a personal message to pariartspaul  Email pariartspaul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-12 4:45 pm   Permalink

AWESOME!! I want one of those treehouses! That is so cool! Nicely done, I like the skull and crossbones in the railing. That tiki door looks pretty killer too!
Chongolio

Come explore
www.lost-isle.com

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rob Roy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-12 4:51 pm   Permalink

Can you adopt me so I can play in that tree house?

View Profile of Rob Roy Send a personal message to Rob Roy  Email Rob Roy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-12 5:10 pm   Permalink

Those are both fantastic!

Amazing!

Thanks for sharing the pictures, very much appreciated

Great Minds Drink Alike

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-12 5:29 pm   Permalink

Wow, that treehouse is totally mindblowing! If that were anywhere near SF you could rent it out for $1500 a month! Incredible work!

Nice door, too!

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Feelin' Zombified
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-12 6:08 pm   Permalink

I don't wanna grow up, I'm a Tiki-R-Us Kid...

Everybody sing with me...

that is amazing! both projects, that is.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: the wealth of talent on this board never ceases to inspire me.

-Z

View Profile of Feelin' Zombified Send a personal message to Feelin' Zombified  Email Feelin' Zombified     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thanatos
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-12 6:32 pm   Permalink

Wow.. You guys are great. We know I love the pirates...

View Profile of Thanatos Send a personal message to Thanatos  Email Thanatos     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-12 7:05 pm   Permalink

the lower part of the tiki on the door is certainly a "keeper of the charm"

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-12 8:17 pm   Permalink

Holy Moley!!!!!

Its no wonder I look up to you guys for inspiration.

I am floored.................

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-12 9:32 pm   Permalink

You guys do amazing work! I'm always speechless after checking out your latest projects... That treehouse looks so spectacular it belongs in Disneyland! Wow!!!! I'm amazed how you guys come up with these ideas that I would ponder and quickly dismiss as insane fantasy and make them come to life...

View Profile of johntiki Send a personal message to johntiki  Goto the website of johntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-12 9:37 pm   Permalink

That door is amazing. I have worked building security bars for windows and those were straight. That is some awesome work.
I want a tree house like that.

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-12 9:46 pm   Permalink

Those are some lucky kids! Love the metal door too. You and your friends do some real top-notch work.

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Gigantalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-13 06:45 am   Permalink

That is truly cool.
Did you go see finding neverland before you started this project?

View Profile of Gigantalope Send a personal message to Gigantalope  Email Gigantalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-13 06:55 am   Permalink

That treehouse looks amazing! When I realized what it was, I was so stunned all I could do was laugh. You are very, VERY talented.

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-13 09:16 am   Permalink

Beautiful work on that Treehouse. I was never able to see the Pirate Ship Restaurant or Skull Rock to enjoy one of their Hot Tuna Pies, I hope those kids eat plenty of Tuna Fish sandwiches in that treehouse.

[ This Message was edited by: freddiefreelance on 2005-04-13 09:18 ]

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation