FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Hi! I'm new here, and seeking a tiki coffeetable base!
Hi! I'm new here, and seeking a tiki coffeetable base!
blondebuxombrainy

Posted: 2005-04-15 2:58 pm   Permalink

Please forgive my naivete if the answer is obvious--my tiki collecting has been limited to mugs, mixology tomes, and SHAG prints!

But, it's time to get creative! I have a concept for a tiki coffeetable base, to be topped with a glass oval top. The base should ideally be 17"-21" high, and about 12" in diameter.

Your ideas are much appreciated!

View Profile of blondebuxombrainy Send a personal message to blondebuxombrainy  Email blondebuxombrainy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Matt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-15 3:12 pm   Permalink

Welcome to TC! There are many talented artists and carvers here on TC. If you look around in Creating Tiki, you'll see what I mean. I may even know someone that could get you what you're looking for.....

View Profile of Tiki Matt Send a personal message to Tiki Matt  Goto the website of Tiki Matt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-15 8:45 pm   Permalink

BBB , I'd check out www.bartiki.com fo sho

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
chisel slinger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-19 06:33 am   Permalink

do you want to make this or buy it? whats your idea?

[ This Message was edited by: chisel slinger on 2005-04-19 06:35 ]

View Profile of chisel slinger Send a personal message to chisel slinger  Email chisel slinger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Feelin' Zombified
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-19 06:48 am   Permalink

Check out Monkeyman's ottomans. I could easily see something similar as a table base...

http://tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=14178&forum=12

-Z

View Profile of Feelin' Zombified Send a personal message to Feelin' Zombified  Email Feelin' Zombified     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-19 7:31 pm   Permalink

Here's a coffee table I did several years back. It is one of 3 dolphin coffee tables
This table was 6' long by 3 ' wide. An oval of 3/4 glass Would one of these work??

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thanatos
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-19 8:05 pm   Permalink

Benz, cool table..

View Profile of Thanatos Send a personal message to Thanatos  Email Thanatos     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Moki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-19 8:29 pm   Permalink

Ben,
You are one very talented man!!
Always love to see your work!

View Profile of Moki Send a personal message to Moki  Email Moki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-20 09:28 am   Permalink

Hi, blondbuxombrainy. I don't really know anything about a coffeetable base...I just wanted to say, uh... welcome.....welcome and hi, so welcome and hi.

www.samgambino.com

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-20 09:35 am   Permalink

Oh, yes Some welcoming commitee we are, but for Sam, who remembered to welcome you . Big welcome to TC . come on in and stay awhile. thanks Sam

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-20 09:41 am   Permalink

Jeez Ben, you are too damned good for your own good!

Welcome to TC blondebuxombrainy, I'm sure someone will be able to point you in the right direction.

[ This Message was edited by: finkdaddy on 2005-04-20 09:42 ]

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-20 09:46 am   Permalink

That's right... and blondbuxombeauty... er, sorry...uh blond, buxom and brainy... again, we welcome you here real good. Like I say, we're always glad to get new folks hanging around here... well, you know, posting stuff and whatever.... uh, anyways, it's nice that you have joined, and uh.... Oh, yes - the coffeetable bases - well, maybe someone here knows about something along those lines.

www.samgambino.com

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-20 09:48 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-04-20 09:46, Sam Gambino wrote:
That's right... and blondbuxombeauty... er, sorry...uh blond, buxom and brainy... again, we welcome you here real good. Like I say, we're always glad to get new folks hanging around here... well, you know, posting stuff and whatever.... uh, anyways, it's nice that you have joined, and uh.... Oh, yes - the coffeetable bases - well, maybe someone here knows about something along those lines.

Settle down Sam, settle down. Just be yourself and I sure you'll do fine.

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-20 09:50 am   Permalink

Okay, I'm relaxed, pulling myself together - getting my deal together now. It just took a little time, but now I'm cool. Really - it's all cool now....

www.samgambino.com

Polynesiac
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-25 5:12 pm   Permalink

Beniba! Benoba!

UTINI!

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation