FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Modernism Tour During Tiki Oasis - IT'S ON - Sat May 7th
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Modernism Tour During Tiki Oasis - IT'S ON - Sat May 7th
Cherry Capri
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-16 7:26 pm   Permalink

I am thrilled to announce that my good friend Tony Merchell (one of THE experts on Palm Springs Modernism) will be giving his insider's 3 hour guided bus tour during Tiki Oasis. (And I will do my best Huell Howser impression as we tour!)

Highlights will include:
* Souvenir program
* Tour Stop at a beautiful Alexander home - complete with a HOME TIKI BAR!!! (Dr. Kaplan House by Palmer and Krisel, 1957)
* Tour Stop at a 2nd beautifully restored home - with a small resident tiki (Florsheim House by Donald Wexler 1957)
* Tour Stop at Toucan's Tiki Bar for complimentary "REFRESHMENTS!!!"
* Drive by the Frank Sinatra Home
* Drive by the Elvis Honeymoon Hideaway
* Drive by the Neitra's Architectural Masterpiece - the Kauffman House
* And of course much much more...

Day/Date: Saturday May 7th
Time: 1:30 - 4:30 (please show up at 1:15)
Start/Stop: Caliente Tropics
Price Per Person: $40
*** INCLUDES A COCKTAIL at Toucan's Tiki Bar
(normally a Tony Merchell tour goes for $75-100 a seat - so this is a bargain folks!)

Seating is limited!!!
To insure a seat on the bus you may pay in advance with my cousin "Futura Girl" on site at Oasis - she's in room #139
Or check in with "Matteo 'Hukilau' Brown" volunteer coordinator for Oasis - who is also in room 139...

If there are remaining seats they will be sold first come first served cash only please... See you there!

-----------------
ROLL CALL
Tedtiki + 3
Tiki Crow + Ms. Tiki Crow
Al (sans shelly)
CynTiki and BealzaElvis
Mistah Smiley fashizzle
Jimbo and Mrs Jimbo
Tiki Kate
Inky Louise
Unga Bunga

Visit
http://www.cherrycapri.com

[ This Message was edited by: Cherry Capri on 2005-05-06 12:55 ]

View Profile of Cherry Capri Send a personal message to Cherry Capri  Goto the website of Cherry Capri     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-16 8:16 pm   Permalink

Oh Yes! I had planned on trying to do this on my own, but it undoubtedly might be better listening to someone who knows what they're talking about.
I'd like to hear more details as they unfold

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-16 8:37 pm   Permalink

This sounds great. How about later in the afternoon between the shopping and the evening events? It's always nice (for me, at least) to get away from the massive crowd for a few hours.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-17 09:36 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-04-16 20:37, Tiki-Kate wrote:
It's always nice (for me, at least) to get away from the massive crowd for a few hours.

That's what I was thinkin.
Maybe we can stop at a bar.
Add me to the list please.

[ This Message was edited by: Unga Bunga on 2005-04-19 12:32 ]

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Alnshely
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-17 3:27 pm   Permalink

Sounds great

View Profile of Alnshely Send a personal message to Alnshely  Email Alnshely     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-18 11:40 pm   Permalink

Where's the ticket line? Great idea Cherry. I tell myself everytime I go to Palm Springs I'm gonna do something like this but I still haven't done it! I also agree with Unga Bunga's delicately broached suggestion that we might break for refreshments along the way. "A man can work up a helluva thirst out there in the desert." - C. Eastwood

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Deery Luau
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-04-19 11:47 am   Permalink

Count us in!

View Profile of Deery Luau Send a personal message to Deery Luau  Email Deery Luau     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BettyBleu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-19 3:34 pm   Permalink

Would love it! Can we see the Kaufmann House??

View Profile of BettyBleu Send a personal message to BettyBleu  Email BettyBleu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr. Shocker
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-20 1:07 pm   Permalink

Well I will be missing this one I am signed up for volenteering at the same time....ce la vie.....someone take ots of pics and show me them later on Saturday....I would be much appreciative

[ This Message was edited by: Dr. Shocker on 2005-05-04 10:37 ]

View Profile of Dr. Shocker Send a personal message to Dr. Shocker  Goto the website of Dr. Shocker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Primo Kimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-20 4:59 pm   Permalink

As long as we have air conditioning you can drive me anywhere. Me + 2 please.

View Profile of Primo Kimo Send a personal message to Primo Kimo  Email Primo Kimo Goto the website of Primo Kimo ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ookoo lady
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-20 9:57 pm   Permalink

Here's our tour bus before Tiki Oasis:

Here's our tour bus after Tiki Oasis:

A three hour tour indeed. (P.S. Please reserve 2 seats for us)

[ This Message was edited by: ookoo lady on 2005-04-20 22:01 ]

View Profile of ookoo lady Send a personal message to ookoo lady      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Krustiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-22 7:19 pm   Permalink

Bump.

What about the rest of you ship wrecked on Tiki Isle?

View Profile of Krustiki Send a personal message to Krustiki  Email Krustiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jimbo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-04-27 7:10 pm   Permalink

Count Mr. and Mrs. Jimbo in!!

View Profile of jimbo Send a personal message to jimbo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiCrow
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-04-27 7:56 pm   Permalink

Definitely add two more (Mr & Ms TikiCrow)!!!

When I first heard about this architecture tour I was doubly disappointed that we didn't have tickets for the Oasis -- then along came the Royal Sun snafu and now we in.

Got to love those snafus sometimes

View Profile of TikiCrow Send a personal message to TikiCrow  Email TikiCrow Goto the website of TikiCrow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
inkylouise
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-04-27 8:27 pm   Permalink

Dear Cherry,

i have a fabulous friend in palm springs who lives in a lovely restored Donald Wexler home, and he would be interested in opening his home for the tour in exchange for seeing you in concert at Oasis. Any interest?

InkyLouise

View Profile of inkylouise Send a personal message to inkylouise      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation