FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Modernism Tour During Tiki Oasis - IT'S ON - Sat May 7th
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Modernism Tour During Tiki Oasis - IT'S ON - Sat May 7th
Sabina
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-04-30 11:01 pm   Permalink

Mike and I would be up for it! Mahalo!

View Profile of Sabina Send a personal message to Sabina  Goto the website of Sabina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tedtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-02 08:30 am   Permalink

Count us in for 2 possibly 4 seats. We were going to rent a car and do it ourselves but this sounds mucho better.

View Profile of tedtiki Send a personal message to tedtiki  Email tedtiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-05-03 5:36 pm   Permalink

i would like one ticket, please.

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cherry Capri
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-03 6:01 pm   Permalink

Hi everyone.
I finally got confirmation today on the bus cost, tour guide's schedule, a thumbs up on the home tiki bar we'll be touring and cocktails at Toucan's... So it is Official!

I have edited the first post to reflect the tour time/date price...

Seating is really limited - so consider using pay pal if you want to go...

View Profile of Cherry Capri Send a personal message to Cherry Capri  Goto the website of Cherry Capri     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiCrow
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-05-03 10:27 pm   Permalink

That's great about the tour.

But where on cherrycapri DOT com do you sign up/pay?

Has anyone done this yet? I think I checked all the promising link.

Here's a picture of some modern people at the Kenaston House party during the 2004 Palm Springs Modernism Weekend.

View Profile of TikiCrow Send a personal message to TikiCrow  Email TikiCrow Goto the website of TikiCrow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cherry Capri
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-03 11:57 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-05-03 22:27, TikiCrow wrote:
But where on cherrycapri DOT com do you sign up/pay?

Thanks for posting the pic of Tony and me. That's from the Palm Springs Modern Committee Annual Fundraiser last year - at the ever so groovy house is where they shot the cable show "Boy Meets Boy."

But I digress - use
http://www.paypal.com to buy your advanced tickets - and the email to send $ to is
"paypay AT cherrycapri DOT com"

Is Crow In!?!
I will post a list of attendees in the first post.

[ This Message was edited by: Cherry Capri on 2005-05-03 23:58 ]

View Profile of Cherry Capri Send a personal message to Cherry Capri  Goto the website of Cherry Capri     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cyntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-04 12:31 pm   Permalink

I am one of "those" people who just found TikiCentral last week. Are unworthy folks like myself invited on this tour with their hubby "BealzaElvis"? Or is this exclusive to you all? We would really like to join along in the fun!

View Profile of cyntiki Send a personal message to cyntiki  Email cyntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cherry Capri
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-04 12:33 pm   Permalink

Anyone who enjoys Mid Century Modern architecture is welcome aboard the bus!

cyntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-04 12:37 pm   Permalink

When I go to send $$ through paypal to "paypay@cherrycapri.com" it says it is unregistered email? Is that right?

View Profile of cyntiki Send a personal message to cyntiki  Email cyntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cherry Capri
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-04 12:44 pm   Permalink

whoops - i had a typo - it's paypal@ - not paypay@

sorry...

[ This Message was edited by: Cherry Capri on 2005-05-04 12:52 ]

cyntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-04 12:44 pm   Permalink

Forget that last post! It works perfectly! That's having 2 kids will do to you! Can't wait - Me & BealzaElvis! Woohoo! This will be a good cooling off period from drinking non-stop!

mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-05-04 5:08 pm   Permalink

Quote:

-----------------
ROLL CALL
Tedtiki + 3
Tiki Crow + Ms. Tiki Crow
Al (sans shelly)
CynTiki and BealzaElvis
mrsmiley!

If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabina
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-05-10 12:53 am   Permalink

(Finally beginning to recover from Oasis!)

Truely, the architectural tour was THE hidden pirate's treasure of Oasis for us this year. If you were on the tour you know what I mean.

A-MAH-ZINGLY enough, we got to visit not one, but TWO palm springs homes- one empty and rentable- complete with Tiki by the pool, and the other a real home. Both were exactly what we came to Palm Springs for! What a perfect experience to wander up close and personal and get just a glimpse out of the corner of your eye what it must be like to live here in one of these treasures.

Our guides, the pamphlet with key terminology, our driver, our home hosts, and the wonderful staff at the Toucan all welcomed us like Ohana.

(We had also done the Mondo Tiki, Vegas architecture/history/neon tour, so we knew it was gonna be great!)

All I can say is over and over A-MAH-ZING!

Next opportunity we get we're jumping the chance to explore yet another town on our next Tiki tour!

MAHALO!MAHALO! MAHALO!

View Profile of Sabina Send a personal message to Sabina  Goto the website of Sabina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiCrow
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-05-10 7:51 pm   Permalink

A-mah-zing!!!

We also had a great time. It was fun to be inside the homes, doinking around town on the bus, hearing the architectural anecdotes, and being in the Toucan with sympatico TCers.

Although I regret not getting to talk to more people on the bus, I really enjoyed getting to meet or know better the ones I did talk to.

Thanks Cherry, thanks Tony!!!

Nick & Nora

View Profile of TikiCrow Send a personal message to TikiCrow  Email TikiCrow Goto the website of TikiCrow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation