FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Does Mr. Tiki have their own mug?
Does Mr. Tiki have their own mug?
Atomicchick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-17 12:42 pm   Permalink

I've heard that they do and I've heard that they don't. Can someone clarify this for me? If they do have their own mug, can someone post a pic?

Thanks!

View Profile of Atomicchick Send a personal message to Atomicchick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-17 6:54 pm   Permalink

during the first few weeks that they were open, they offered several mass production mugs with their logo on it. I recall being told that they would not be doing it on an ongoing basis but only for the introductory period. I have a short pineapple mug with the Mr. Tiki logo on it.

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Cocktail
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-17 7:37 pm   Permalink

No, but I got some lovely food poisoning from them.

View Profile of Atomic Cocktail Send a personal message to Atomic Cocktail  Goto the website of Atomic Cocktail     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-17 10:27 pm   Permalink

Please excuse my ignorance... what is Mr. Tiki? I've got this vision of a Chucky Cheese-esque restaurant complete with an animatronic tiki front man, serving up foul tasting pizza and watered down Hawaiian Punch that they're trying to pass off as exotic cocktails. Enlighten me... it sounds awful.

View Profile of johntiki Send a personal message to johntiki  Goto the website of johntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Alnshely
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-17 11:05 pm   Permalink

John,
Mr Tiki is pretty cool, Bosko did all the carvings and it is put together real well. The Tikis are real different and very nice.

I borrowed this image from Mach Tiki, it is just one of the "Logo Mugs" they sold.
Here's a link with photos. Mr Tiki Is AOK
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=9085&forum=4&start=90
Mahalo,
Al

[ This Message was edited by: Alnshely on 2005-04-17 23:08 ]

View Profile of Alnshely Send a personal message to Alnshely  Email Alnshely     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-18 04:48 am   Permalink

Al, I'm pleased to hear that Mr. Tiki is a real tiki bar... the name kinda threw me - it sounded kinda generic. I don't know how I missed that topic.

View Profile of johntiki Send a personal message to johntiki  Goto the website of johntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-18 8:17 pm   Permalink

Mr. Tiki???

Wow, I've been away too long! Didn't even know about it. Thanks for the link, Al. We'll have to look it up when we're in SD.

Arty

View Profile of stentiki Send a personal message to stentiki  Email stentiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-19 12:41 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-04-17 19:37, Atomic Cocktail wrote:
No, but I got some lovely food poisoning from them.

Quit your crying wuusy boy! Next you are going to blame this on my driving! heh ehe he.

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation