FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki New tiki mugs/vessels!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
New tiki mugs/vessels!
Lakanooki

Posted: 2005-04-20 08:01 am   Permalink

Has anybody seen or have any of the new Shakatiki vessels?
You can see them at

http://www.harmonyball.com/Shakatiki/

They look cool, just wondering what they are like....

View Profile of Lakanooki Send a personal message to Lakanooki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomicchick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-20 08:15 am   Permalink

Damn! Those are sweet, I wonder how to order them? Nothing on their web site to order.

View Profile of Atomicchick Send a personal message to Atomicchick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-20 08:18 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-04-20 08:15, Atomicchick wrote:
Damn! Those are sweet, I wonder how to order them? Nothing on their web site to order.

I was wondering about that too. Right away I went to see how much they cost, but no info or any links or anything. They look cool though. It would be neat to own the whole set.

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-20 09:20 am   Permalink

Yeah, what's up with their web site? There's not a shred of information on contact or cost!

View Profile of Digitiki Send a personal message to Digitiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sporkboyofjustice
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-20 09:44 am   Permalink

You could try their contact page at http://www.harmonyball.com/contact.htm

View Profile of sporkboyofjustice Send a personal message to sporkboyofjustice  Goto the website of sporkboyofjustice     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-20 10:16 am   Permalink

Wow, those are really original! And it looks like they haven't seen much in the way of traditional tiki to influence them too far in that direction. They look nicely made! Lots of different textures. Maybe made from resin?

Great Minds Drink Alike

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
liabungalo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-20 10:50 am   Permalink

These are not available yet. Go to www.harmonykingdom.com and check out their dealer page to find out who might be carrying them or call them and ask them to order them when they are ready to ship.

-g-

View Profile of liabungalo Send a personal message to liabungalo  Email liabungalo Goto the website of liabungalo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-20 4:27 pm   Permalink

They're $19.50 each.

Go to
www.gbread.com and click on Shakatiki.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-20 7:37 pm   Permalink

Really bad knock offs. Knock offs if they were half as good. Look like plastic.
www.munktiki.com all the way when it comes to this.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lakanooki

Posted: 2005-04-21 05:30 am   Permalink

I called Harmony Kindgdom.
They are resin. Highly textured. Very cool. They resemble Tiki sculptures with a nice twist. I don't think they qualify as knock offs! Tiki itself is a knock off of Oceanic art. Check out the mermaid one.

View Profile of Lakanooki Send a personal message to Lakanooki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Feelin' Zombified
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-21 06:09 am   Permalink

Gee, I sure do wish they'd join TC so that we could ask them questions. oh where, oh where could they be?

having said that, I dig the drum mug (don't I always?)

-Z

Thank God The Tiki Bar Is Open
Thank God The Tiki Torch Still Shines...

View Profile of Feelin' Zombified Send a personal message to Feelin' Zombified  Email Feelin' Zombified     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiwinebear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-05 11:37 am   Permalink

Thanks for the link to gbread.com, Tiki-Kate. I tried to contact them by email, and both phone numbers listed, but there seems something strange happening with them. I would use caution if anyone was to place an internet order with them prior to making personal contact with someone by phone.

View Profile of tikiwinebear Send a personal message to tikiwinebear  Email tikiwinebear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomicchick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-06 09:10 am   Permalink

TWB, you are right. I "placed an order" with them only to have my order never sent and a bunch of unauthorized charges on my credit card. Fortunately, the credit card company noticed irregular activity and stopped the credit card. I'm not saying it was them, but it is a weird coincidence. I have sent a couple e-mails and have received no replys. BEWARE!

View Profile of Atomicchick Send a personal message to Atomicchick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-06 09:21 am   Permalink

Nice mugs but....resin?

Look at some of the other companies they have under their umbrella - a whole lot of cheese. I may be horribly wrong, but they strike me as a company like the Franklin Mint selling 'collectables' to the great unwashed.

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiwinebear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-06 1:22 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the update, Atomicchick. I passed the link to a friend of mine and before I notified him, he had placed an order with them as well. I just found out the same thing happened with his credit card... many unauthorized charges were placed on it and his bank had just notified him.

BUYERS BEWARE of gbread.com!!!!

View Profile of tikiwinebear Send a personal message to tikiwinebear  Email tikiwinebear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation