FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving A-A Some Stuff I'm Working On
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 )
A-A Some Stuff I'm Working On
MooneyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-11 1:35 pm   Permalink

bump

View Profile of MooneyTiki Send a personal message to MooneyTiki  Email MooneyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kino
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-09-12 08:50 am   Permalink

A-A,

I stumbled upon your thread and really enjoy your work !
Your step-by-step posts have given me great help as well as ideas and inspiration.
I have a long way to get to your level, but after reading your thread
my learning curve just got cut in half. Now if I can find the patience to step up my game.

Thanks, and keep the posts coming !

View Profile of Kino Send a personal message to Kino      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-13 9:51 pm   Permalink

Peeps - Hate to post when I really got nuthin' to post, but... Coming off a marathon of many weekends at work, and now I'm trying to get all the stuff done at home that got neglected in the mean time. Maybe some carving time this weekend? Fingers crossed!

Mooney - thanks for the bump! Sometime you think you can drop down a few pages unnoticed... Thanks for helping me get my priorities straight!

Kino - Glad you found some useful info. Yes, I've been around TC for a little while, but as you can see I've not got a huge amount of tikis done. I just try to do my best on each one. Everyone's been moaning about how slow they are lately, so I just gotta laugh and chime in. Yes, work on being patient and have fun! Someday we'll all retire and then we'll have all of the time in the world to carve tikis. Of course then we'll be moaning about the high cost of sandpaper or lacquer or some other thing!!

BK - Mahalo my friend! No, YOU da man!!

Andy - Thanks, hope all is well and hope you are finding time to get all set up for carving in Kansas. Yeah, the fresh logs got me plenty motivated! More carving soon, I promise.

BigT - There's always some way to improve the process or make it easier. You learn from me & I'll learn from you. It's a nice tiki co-op Hanford's got going here. Thanks!

Hiltiki - From one amateur to another, thanks you're too kind!

Watango - Thanks for the encouragement.

Cheers,

Aaron

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nomolos
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-13 10:10 pm   Permalink

Looking good hope you can manage a bit of carving this weekend

View Profile of nomolos Send a personal message to nomolos      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-14 9:09 pm   Permalink

This sucker is looking great!

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kino
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-09-16 11:57 pm   Permalink

[quote]

Kino - Glad you found some useful info. Yes, I've been around TC for a little while, but as you can see I've not got a huge amount of tikis done. I just try to do my best on each one. Everyone's been moaning about how slow they are lately, so I just gotta laugh and chime in. Yes, work on being patient and have fun! Someday we'll all retire and then we'll have all of the time in the world to carve tikis. Of course then we'll be moaning about the high cost of sandpaper or lacquer or some other thing!!

[/quote]

Slow ? What if you had to wait for the temp to drop below 100 degrees before
you could stand to be outside carving ?
Phoenix summers = gallons of sweat

View Profile of Kino Send a personal message to Kino      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Watango productions
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-17 10:52 pm   Permalink

Aaron,look'n forward to some more pics of the tahitian.
hope you've had some time to yourself to get chip'n.
Cheers Watango

View Profile of Watango productions Send a personal message to Watango productions  Email Watango productions     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation