FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki I need some tiki help...
I need some tiki help...
heavensinsideyou
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-04-23 11:39 am   Permalink

Hey everyone I needed a little tiki advice...I was at my local spencer's gifts last night and in the window was a full size tiki bar..it was $200...now I know it is like plastic or something along those lines but its really nice in my opinion...I think its a good pice for me as well...I have found a few wooden ones but they were very expensive and not even decorated...I also have a 10% discount there so do you think its a good idea to buy it? You can see a picture of it at spencergifts.com

View Profile of heavensinsideyou Send a personal message to heavensinsideyou      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unkle John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-23 1:13 pm   Permalink

To see some of their products, here is a direct link: http://spencergifts.com/prodmaster.asp?proddept=voodoolounge

http://spencergifts.com/prodmaster.asp?proddept=drinkup

Some of the stuff doesn't look like I would care for it.. but I'm sure my wahine would love it. I think she's a closet parrothead.

But as for the bar, it's not bad looking.
I swiped the pic of the bar and stools (bar: $199 and the stools $29 each)for everyone to look at. I like the stools, but I would change the surfboard sign. I'm a sign maker, and it bugs me.

I wouldn't mind having it outside in a shaded spot.

I paid the same price for this vintage one with two stools.

But it's the style I like. If you like the voodoo bar, you should buy it. OR if you have the time and money, build one similar to it.

View Profile of Unkle John Send a personal message to Unkle John  Email Unkle John Goto the website of Unkle John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
heavensinsideyou
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-04-23 1:18 pm   Permalink

Yea I think im going to go for it...I was thinking of making one with a friend of mine but he has been so busy lately it would probably have never been buil..thanks for your help.

View Profile of heavensinsideyou Send a personal message to heavensinsideyou      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unkle John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-23 2:29 pm   Permalink

Hey no problem, welcome to the Ohana!

View Profile of Unkle John Send a personal message to Unkle John  Email Unkle John Goto the website of Unkle John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Satan's Sin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-23 3:58 pm   Permalink

heaven --

Get the book "Pad." You can pick it up for as cheap as $6 here:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0811826538/qid=1114296946/sr=2-1/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_1/002-3355304-7430462

In it are plans for a home bar. I made one myself. It's easy, and the materials only came to like $40. All you need is a screwdriver and maybe a jigsaw, depending on how fancy you want to make the bar top.

And you get to brag about it to your friends endlessly.

Don't get on the ship! Don't get on the ship!

[ This Message was edited by: Satan's Sin on 2005-04-23 16:00 ]

View Profile of Satan's Sin Send a personal message to Satan's Sin  Email Satan's Sin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
heavensinsideyou
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-04-23 6:44 pm   Permalink

That book looks like it has some interesting things in it...I may check it out..I think I still may buy the bar at spencers though just because of my schedule being really full lately...Thanks again guys.

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation