FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » General Tiki » » Tiki on TV....
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
Tiki on TV....
King Bushwich the 33rd
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-15 4:38 pm   Permalink

Justice League: Wonder Woman vs. Aquaman on Rapa Nui

View Profile of King Bushwich the 33rd Send a personal message to King Bushwich the 33rd  Goto the website of King Bushwich the 33rd     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
King Bushwich the 33rd
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-28 12:11 pm   Permalink

In the 1995 made-for-TV remake of the 1963 musical Bye Bye Birdie, Vanessa Williams dances for a Shriner type group in a heavily bamboo decored room.
YouTube: Bye Bye Birdie-Vanessa Williams dance
There are masks on wall but unable to determine if tiki. I keep getting distracted by Ms. Williams.

The Tiki on TV thread appears to be a victim of identity theft. There are 2 threads with same name but different content.
TikiCentral: Tiki on Television

Which one the official Tiki on TV that I can trust and depend on?

View Profile of King Bushwich the 33rd Send a personal message to King Bushwich the 33rd  Goto the website of King Bushwich the 33rd     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2012-03-28 9:51 pm   Permalink

Wow that ByByBirdie is a hot mess...LOL Thanks for the entertainment KB.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
King Bushwich the 33rd
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-29 10:16 am   Permalink

Triplets?

TikiCentral: Tiki on Television

TikiCentral: Tiki on TV

creativenative
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-08 06:21 am   Permalink

Couple of great Tiki images from the heyday or classic Poly Pop TV

and from the show Poncie Ponce

View Profile of creativenative Send a personal message to creativenative  Email creativenative Goto the website of creativenative     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamalamalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-08 2:26 pm   Permalink

I didn't get pictures but came across a couple shows lately that I didn't see mentioned in any of these TV threads.

There's an episode of the Bob Newhart show in which Carol's husband opens a travel agency in Bob's office building (yes, a medical building.) To promote the new agency, they decked out the whole lobby as a repica Hawaiian paradise, complete with a couple large Tikis. Season 5, Epidode 22, "The Mentor."

Then the other day I caught part of a Dragnet epidode in which they were investigating a scam involving a fake police organization that was giving out membership cards to business owners that donated. One of the businesses who filed a complaint was a Polynesian/Tiki style bar. I didn't spot any actual Tikis, but I didn't see the entire scene. Season 2, Episode 13, "The Phony Police Racket."

View Profile of bamalamalu Send a personal message to bamalamalu  Email bamalamalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
creativenative
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-16 03:01 am   Permalink

Found this image in my collection. McHales Navy Sea. 2, Ep. 16, Titled: The Creature from McHales Lagoon. Polynesian Actor Tiki Santos, a Hollywood Tiki and Pearls:

View Profile of creativenative Send a personal message to creativenative  Email creativenative Goto the website of creativenative     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-16 10:30 am   Permalink

I noticed a big painted Tiki as part of a graffiti mural
behind "Jesse" about 10 min. into the 2008 "Gray Matter"
episode of "Breaking Bad"

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
creativenative
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-06 11:52 pm   Permalink

Finally captured the tiki bar Charlie (Charlie Sheen), Alan (Jon Cryer) and now Walden (Ashton Kutcher) hangs out on "Two and a Half Men". Well captured a frame with a nice tiki in it anyway (in the background entrance). Anybody confirm on the far right low against the wall it looks like the top of a Lono figure?

King Bushwich the 33rd
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-14 9:42 pm   Permalink

Making Monsters is a show on the Travel Channel about Ed Edmunds and his company, Distortions Unlimited, who create some of the scariest animatronics and “frightronics” the haunt industry has ever seen.

In an episode called "Evil Tiki" they head to Hawaii where a local company has asked them to create, build and install an evil tiki statue in their entryway.

Making Monsters: Evil Tiki photos

Unfortunately, I did not see the complete episode so I do not know where the Evil Tiki is now.

[ This Message was edited by: KING BUSHWICH THE 33RD 2012-10-14 21:48 ]

Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2012-10-14 9:50 pm   Permalink

I saw it and I thought the Tiki didn't turn out as bad as it could have. Which is nice.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-18 12:52 am   Permalink

Just watched tonight's episode of SouthPark & it's chock full of Tikis, Mugs, Hawaiian phrases
an abandoned Tiki restaurant haunted by Elvis & Chi Chi's, Ben Affleck remarks and a subplot
lifted from the classic Star Trek episode "Amok Time"

Going Native

Episode Air Date: 10/18/2012
Butters’ outrageous behavior is a sign. It's time for him to begin a journey where he will follow in the path of his ancestors. When Butters starts acting out at school, his parents realize it’s time to tell him why he’s not like all of the other kids. He must travel to a foreign place to learn the ways of his people. It will be a difficult trip for a young boy to make alone so Butters chooses Kenny to travel with him to the distant and secluded island of Hawaii.

Watch it here:
http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s16e11-going-native

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-18 12:53 am   Permalink

Did anyone notice the Tiki Bar in the last episode of "Dexter"
real place or set?

Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-18 08:42 am   Permalink

ATP,

That wasn't an old restaurant in South Park, it was the Coco Palms resort.

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=29331&forum=2&start=0

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-18 08:58 am   Permalink

That South Park episode was classic. From the Coco Palms and Elvis' ghost, to the Chi Chi swigging haoles who think they're native Hawaiians - hilarious!

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation