FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Tikis Arrested in Florida... Details Inside...
Tikis Arrested in Florida... Details Inside...
Palama Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-25 08:04 am   Permalink

Dateline: Polk County, Florida

Two newly-born tikis, Mark E. Marq and Samoa Sam, were arrested late last week and charged with listening to Exotica and drinking Mai Tais in a dedicated Country music/beer/pork rind zone.

Mark E. Marq, seen here in his mug shots, is the older of the two by about a week, and stands five feet tall, with a blotchy queen palm complexion. He wears a sheepish look, most likely due to the fact that that's about all he's wearing.

Samoa Sam, although born later, was carved from a well-aged sable palm, is three feet tall, has a two-tone complexion, and wears a perpetual scowl, no doubt from being subjected to repeated karioke renditions of "She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy" by his jailers.

Although, almost quite literally being 'born yesterday', the two tikis were able to outsmart their jailers and make their escape while the guards slept off a donut binge.

Mark E. Marq and Samoa Sam then made their way to a Polynesian-friendly part of town and took up residence at Palama Tiki's place, hiding in the vegetation and blending in to the surroundings so as to elude their captors, who, at this writing, were too busy watching CMT to pursue their quarry.

More details will be forthcoming as this story progresses.

View Profile of Palama Tiki Send a personal message to Palama Tiki  Email Palama Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-25 08:15 am   Permalink

Wow, I sure hope those 2 guys remain safe there away from the long arm of the law. You were very generous to ofer those fine looking tikis refuge in your own back yard garden. I'm sure the tiki mana will shine down on you forever.
HappyHappyHappy

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Palama Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-25 08:33 am   Permalink

Ben:

it's the least I could do to advance the cause of the Tiki. and I have a feeling that more will follow.

View Profile of Palama Tiki Send a personal message to Palama Tiki  Email Palama Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-25 08:34 am   Permalink

They look terrific! I love the Marq, lots of personality.

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Palama Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-25 09:50 am   Permalink

Thanks Finkdaddy...

yeah, i can't figure out if he knows something and isn't telling, or if he's just constipated.

sungod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-25 1:52 pm   Permalink

If them boys need a place to hide out. Send em on down here to Pasco county and we'll take care of em.

View Profile of sungod Send a personal message to sungod  Email sungod Goto the website of sungod     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Palama Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-25 2:01 pm   Permalink

yep, i'm sure there's some boys in Pasco that'll 'git 'er done' as well as the "Poke County" boys!

Thanatos
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-25 4:51 pm   Permalink

Too funny. Love the small one

View Profile of Thanatos Send a personal message to Thanatos  Email Thanatos     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-25 10:07 pm   Permalink

Great stuff, Palama. Really nice detail on the Marq.

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Palama Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-26 05:53 am   Permalink

Mahalo to all: I appreciate it!

The more that the Marq is in the sun and dries out, the blotchier he gets and he's checking pretty badly as well... maybe i should have put alittle SPF 30 in the polyurethane...

sungod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-26 4:56 pm   Permalink

I'd go with the 50 SPF Sport waterproof. Just in case he wants to take a swim in your lake. LOL!

View Profile of sungod Send a personal message to sungod  Email sungod Goto the website of sungod     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Palama Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-27 07:32 am   Permalink

well, if he wants to take a swim, he can join the other tiki that i've got underwater. i had made that one a few years back, and sunk him in the lake, along with a cannon and anchor that i made for something for my dive buddies to look at underwater.

it's a ritual that all divers have to first go to the tiki and pay homage to the dive god.

[ This Message was edited by: Palama Tiki on 2005-04-27 07:38 ]

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation