FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events 1st Annual TikiCentral Oasis Crawl May 5,6,7 & 8 UPDATE: Drink Card pg. 10
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
1st Annual TikiCentral Oasis Crawl May 5,6,7 & 8 UPDATE: Drink Card pg. 10
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-05-03 12:13 pm   Permalink

[quote]
On 2005-05-03 11:37, mrs. pineapple wrote:
Quote:

Mr. Bot and I have scads of $1 bills from our garage sale last weekend, bring on the gyrating drink servers! woohoo!

WHADDYA talking about--I'm not serving drinks!?!?!
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrs. pineapple
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-03 12:15 pm   Permalink

for you smiley, all you need to do is gyrate in the santa hat

View Profile of mrs. pineapple Send a personal message to mrs. pineapple      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-03 12:16 pm   Permalink

COOL! Hopefully that means that the stamp card link will be posted soon - our plane leaves Wed. morning at 6am for Oasis, so hoping it posts tonight.....otherwise we'll have to look for a Kinkos in Palm Springs to get into our email & print off the card.
:drink::drink:

View Profile of croe67 Send a personal message to croe67  Email croe67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-05-03 12:32 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-05-03 12:15, mrs. pineapple wrote:
for you smiley, all you need to do is gyrate in the santa hat

ZAZZ!!!

If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-03 12:47 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-05-03 11:56, VitalTikiDr wrote:
Please include VitalTikiDr & the Mrs. in the crawl. CAn we help with any booze???? Let us know! Thanks!

If you do a seach here on something like "favorite rums", you will get a whole slew of recommendations of which ones are preferred for sipping or mixing quality cocktails.

Part of being in this community means taking the time to get to know these people (and their bar-tending needs). Seems logical to me to take a look back at this thread and see what people are planning to serve and bring something they can use, if donating to the cause is your thing. You'll be a smash(ed) hit in *any* room if you show up with some Barbancourt or Pyrat XO or Havana Gold. Leave the cheap Bacardi & Captain Morgan at home.

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-05-03 4:01 pm   Permalink

Tiki-bot:
Part of being in this community means taking the time to get to know these people (and their bar-tending needs). Seems logical to me to take a look back at this thread and see what people are planning to serve and bring something they can use, if donating to the cause is your thing. You'll be a smash(ed) hit in *any* room if you show up with some Barbancourt or Pyrat XO or Havana Gold. Leave the cheap Bacardi & Captain Morgan at home.

Myself and WooHoo Wahine are new to the world of tiki and are very excited about spending a tiki weekend meeting new friends and kicking back in the sun. Since January we've been to Tiki Fest in Santa Monica, Shag With a Twist (Tiki News Night), Tiki Farm Parking Lot festival, bought items from Bamboo Ben (met Mrs. Bamboo), Crazy Al (met Mrs.AL), Judy at Bamboo 2 U, met and bought from the friendly and fun guys at Tiki Farm, met Otto, have eaten at Bahooka's & Trader Vics B.H., spent around $1000 at Oceanic Arts, created a tiki "paradise" in my home, have turned others on to "tiki", discovered the joy of treasure (tiki) hunting at swapmeets, antique malls and thrift shops, and have tried to visit as many places listed in Tiki Road Trip as possible. Everyone has been friendly and accepting of us "noobs" Then I read your posts and wonder if you will offer the same feeling of Aloha and welcome as everyone else has. Trust me, our posts will add up as time goes by...So please don't prejudge due to a lack of posts. I hope to gleen "tiki insight" from you and I'll even buy you drink at the Reef (or my room at the hotel next door.) ***Am I off to a good start???****

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-03 4:40 pm   Permalink

As I already re-stated, I'm not trying to scare anyone away from this forum or the event. If you re-read my posts carefully, all I said was I thought it was rude to use this event (the room crawl, NOT Tiki Oasis) as your entry point to Tiki Central. I'm not here to judge ANYone's "tiki-cred".

As others have said, there have been myriad opportunities to meet, greet, and drink with fellow TCers outside of Oasis (as well as AT Oasis). I've been here for a while and have never seen a single thread bring in so many new members. It just seems odd that so many chose this particular post to "de-lurk-ify".

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-03 4:52 pm   Permalink

Delurkifyer here. Count me in on the Oasis Crawl! I would definitely host if I had a room at the Caliente Tropics or Vagabond. But I will be staying off-site at my family's place, right up the street from Oasis. I'll be working a couple of shifts at the gates. I'll bring some booze for the Oasis crawl. And this:

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Alnshely
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-03 5:07 pm   Permalink

Here it is!

A Tiki Central Tiki Oasis Crawl Card can be yours if you follow these...

Eight Simple Rules For Damaging Your Liver...

1. Right click on the card.
2. Print.
3. Bring your crawl card to Oasis.
4. Visit Shell in the Pacific to receive a card condom (plastic protective sleeve) and piece of string while supplies last!
5. Locate Room Host rooms and note serving times.
6. Be Trustworthy, Loyal, Helpful, Friendly, Courteous, Kind, Obedient, Cheerful, Thrifty, Brave, Clean and Reverent.
7. Show room hosts your appreciation.
8. Have a great time!

PRINTING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Right Click on the card.

2. Select "Print Image" or "View Image" and then Print.

Mahalo,
Shell in the Pacific

[ This Message was edited by: alnshely on 2005-05-04 08:50 ]

View Profile of Alnshely Send a personal message to Alnshely  Email Alnshely     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-03 5:41 pm   Permalink

As I mentioned, I'm going to be hosting a bar while also doing my Second Annual Aloha Wear Release to the Wild. It'll work just like last year, here are the rules:

1) You must be someone I have met before.

2) The item must fit you AS IS -- no alterations. These poor things have already been sitting neglected for too long, and the item may fit someone else at Oasis perfectly.

3) You must try the item on to confirm it fits you.

4) You cannot take an item with the intent of giving it to someone else, it must be for your own use.

6) These are gifts for my friends. I will not accept anything in exchange for these items, except for a warm hug and a smile. Seeing these lovely items get worn is all the payment I'm looking for.

I've been too busy this year to find the time to take photos of the items I have available, but I have about twice as much stuff as I did last year, once again it's almost all women's items, and are in a range of sizes -- pretty much any size but my own freakishly small size, 'cause if it fits me, I keep it!

It's been really fun for me to see last year's dresses & shirts out at events. Please come try a few items on and see if something wants to go home with you!

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-03 6:04 pm   Permalink

Humu, I'm all over that!

I fortunately was able to fit into a little blue and green number, that I fit into last year, some dresses, damn I wished I could squeeze into, but RULES, and my damned HIPS! It just means that that particular lovely dress was not intended for me.

On another note, PhiPhiRho, I'm making 4 kinds of drinks, I don't know what I've gotten myself into! These particular drinks can't be pre-mixed, so I'm bringing 4 shakers and plan on doubling the mix each time, so I can make 2 drinks at a time, AND, I'm going to free pour. In my bartending days, I was pretty damn accurate. I hope this will help. I'm just gonna start mixing and yell out "OKAY, WHO WANTS A KEYLIME MARTINI??!!?"

And I look at being host as getting reaquainted with some TCer as well as getting to know some new faces.

"Make new friends, but keep the old some are silver some are gold!"

[ This Message was edited by: CheekyGirl 2007-05-07 10:36 ]

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ookoo lady
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-03 6:51 pm   Permalink

I forgot to mention in my earlier post that I will be crawling with my favorite gonzo photo-journalist, Krustiki. So as all of the hosts are dealing with hordes of lurking, party-crashing, free-booze-seekers, we expect that your rooms will be immaculately tidy and festively decorated. You should be appropriately attired and camera-ready, and your drinks should be elegantly and professionally presented with all the necessary garnishes, swizzle sticks, straws, cocktail napkins, etc. Thank you.

View Profile of ookoo lady Send a personal message to ookoo lady      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hanalei_Pirate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-03 7:24 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-05-03 10:40, mrsmiley wrote:
YES--the tip idea is a good one!!! A buddy of mine has bought $200 worth of booze to GIVE away when he hosts a room!!... It seems only fair for the hosts effort and booze contribution. I am recommending this as a suggestion, not a rule.
Whaddya think?

Yes, I agree. Having done a guest bartending stint at Dr. Z's I can attest that it is expensive to host free drinks. Just one bottle of Demerara set you back about $25... I will be tipping!! Its the least we can do to defray the costs of those nice enough to offer their rooms and bartending skills.

View Profile of Hanalei_Pirate Send a personal message to Hanalei_Pirate  Goto the website of Hanalei_Pirate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiPug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-03 8:02 pm   Permalink

Hey Dr.Z-

Doyou have a list of the times that everyone is hosting? I want to figure out my time, but need to know what's open?

Thanx,
The Pugster

View Profile of TikiPug Send a personal message to TikiPug      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Alnshely
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-03 9:02 pm   Permalink

Humuhumu,
I am bring a few muumuus and such to add to your alohawear release. Thank you for bringing back a soon to be Oasis Tradition!
Mahalo,
Shell in the Pacific

View Profile of Alnshely Send a personal message to Alnshely  Email Alnshely     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation