FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » 1st Annual TikiCentral Oasis Crawl May 5,6,7 & 8 UPDATE: Drink Card pg. 10
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
1st Annual TikiCentral Oasis Crawl May 5,6,7 & 8 UPDATE: Drink Card pg. 10
PiPhiRho
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-05-04 01:23 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-05-03 23:24, Hanalei_Pirate wrote:
Ok, Mike and I went over to Kinko's to print out the drink card and it is HUGE! It is like 4.5" x 6.75". I will probably have the biggest drink card there and everyone pointing at my chest and saying, "what's that?" So much for keeping the crawl a secret. If you guys tell me what size it is supposed to be, maybe I can have mine reduced....

The first time I tried to print it I printed just the jpg file and it came out like 1" X 2". So I pulled it into acrobat and made a pdf file of it and printed that. yeah, that's fairly big. Even reduced its like 7X5. What size should it be? What size are the holders? The mext step would be to make a web page of it and set the size with the html, then print that.

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cherry Capri
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-04 01:30 am   Permalink

Quote:
On 2005-05-04 01:22, Doctor Z wrote:
And don't even try threatening me with that nail polish, or I'll have even MORE drinks on your tab the next time I'm in Vegas...

Oh No.... It was not I!!!!

View Profile of Cherry Capri Send a personal message to Cherry Capri  Goto the website of Cherry Capri     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-04 01:45 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-05-04 01:30, Cherry Capri wrote:
Quote:
On 2005-05-04 01:22, Doctor Z wrote:
And don't even try threatening me with that nail polish, or I'll have even MORE drinks on your tab the next time I'm in Vegas...

Oh No.... It was not I!!!!

SHOCK! HORROR!! HUKILAU BROWN?!?! And here I thought it was YOU all these years! Hmmm... I think someone else owes me some drinks...

A bit of advice from the Good Doctor to all Oasis attendees: BEFORE you pass out, be sure to at least CLOSE your door, or this might happen to YOU...

(The gold sparkle was really not my color.)

(And is that a can of Pringles I'm snuggled up with? Nice...)

Heed my words, dear friends, heed my words.

Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Futura Girl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-04 01:56 am   Permalink

Wow! Who knew that one of the advantages of the TikiCentral Oasis Crawl is a free pedicure? I'm leaving my door ajar

View Profile of Futura Girl Send a personal message to Futura Girl  Goto the website of Futura Girl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-04 05:59 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-05-04 01:23, PiPhiRho wrote:
Quote:

On 2005-05-03 23:24, Hanalei_Pirate wrote:
Ok, Mike and I went over to Kinko's to print out the drink card and it is HUGE! It is like 4.5" x 6.75". I will probably have the biggest drink card there and everyone pointing at my chest and saying, "what's that?" So much for keeping the crawl a secret. If you guys tell me what size it is supposed to be, maybe I can have mine reduced....

The first time I tried to print it I printed just the jpg file and it came out like 1" X 2". So I pulled it into acrobat and made a pdf file of it and printed that. yeah, that's fairly big. Even reduced its like 7X5. What size should it be? What size are the holders? The mext step would be to make a web page of it and set the size with the html, then print that.

This is actually Shell in the Pacific's department, but from what I understand, the 'actual size' of the card should be approx. 4" x 6" (although mine came out at 3 1/4" x 5"). Any smaller and there wouldn't be enough space for room hosts to sign the cards. Right click, 'print picture' and voila! The plastic "condoms" are 2 1/2" x 3 1/2", so the cards will need to be folded if you're going to be using one (Supplies are limited!)

Room Hosts: remember to bring something to sign Crawler's cards with. As it appears that some folks might be laminating theirs, I'd suggest a Sharpie, or something else that won't wipe off.
Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2005-05-04 07:37 am   Permalink

Wow 4x6 is big! But that's fine. The next ratio down was 2x3 but that would only leave room for hosts initials. It sure looked good on photo glossy paper though.

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Alnshely
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-04 07:40 am   Permalink

If you are experiencing technical difficulties try Doctor Z's advice...

"Right click, 'print picture' and voila!"

The plastic "condoms" are 2 1/2" x 3 1/2", so the cards will need to be folded if you're going to be using one (Supplies are limited!)

Mahalo,
Shell in the Pacific

View Profile of Alnshely Send a personal message to Alnshely  Email Alnshely     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-05-04 10:22 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-05-04 00:14, floratina wrote:
I am Caliente-bound in the morning (Wednesday) and will not be able to print out my badge as I handle all such technical shenanigans from my work computer. Whatever shall I do?

I am so HAPPY, I will be residing at my beloved Caliente within hours! the Oasis Thursday-Friday-Saturday-Sunday simply isn't enough.

i will try to bring a spare black and white version for ya, Tina!
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-04 12:36 pm   Permalink

Atomic Cocktail, I'm hosting during the same time, but that's not going to stop me! I'll be visiting your and VG's hut, I want to try that drink!

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-04 12:38 pm   Permalink

I'm not braggin' or nothing like that but My card printed perfectly!

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-04 1:00 pm   Permalink

Big Mahalos to Doc Z, Alnshely, & all the hosts that are putting so much effort into making this a great event for all of us crawlers. Nina & I are staying at the Travelodge, so we're bring lots of tip $$$$ and a bottle of rum to contribute to somebody's party - not sure whose yet. I'm no rum connoisseur - more of a martini guy myself. But I just ordered a bottle of Pyrat Rum XO Reserve from Bevmo. Is this a good choice? I have no idea, but maybe you fine rum drinkers can set me straight. It will be great to finally meet so many of you whom I've only posted with at TC. See you soon!!!

A-A

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
weirduncletiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-04 1:16 pm   Permalink

I'll be hosting the bar on Saturday evening starting at 7:45 in room 135! Here's what you can look forward to:
A once in a lifetime, tiki tippler's dream!!!!
The unveiling of an original cocktail created by Jeff "Beachbum" Berry, the recipe for which can only be found inside the packaging of The Maikai Gents new CD. Speaking of which, The Maikai Gents and The Mysterious Miss Mauna will be on hand to sell and sign their new CD! Should be a real hoot! See you there for the intrigue.

-Weird Unc

View Profile of weirduncletiki Send a personal message to weirduncletiki  Email weirduncletiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-04 1:19 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-05-04 13:00, Aaron's Akua wrote:
I just ordered a bottle of Pyrat Rum XO Reserve from Bevmo. Is this a good choice? I have no idea, but maybe you fine rum drinkers can set me straight.

This won't do. Don't embarrass yourself by offering the XO to any respectable mixologist. Bring it to my room and I will exchange it for some Bacardi Gold.

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cyntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-04 2:01 pm   Permalink

Is a bottle of Kettle One good for a respectable mixologist?

View Profile of cyntiki Send a personal message to cyntiki  Email cyntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
real kamaaina

Posted: 2005-05-04 2:58 pm   Permalink

i would also like to offer up a bottle of rum and even pitch in to run ice, cut limes or help keep things tidy. palm springs weather looks really nice this weekend, i cant wait to get in that pool!

View Profile of real kamaaina Send a personal message to real kamaaina      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation