FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Announcing The Second Annual Tiki Oasis Drink Taste-Off! Arrr!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Announcing The Second Annual Tiki Oasis Drink Taste-Off! Arrr!
PiPhiRho
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-05-03 8:53 pm   Permalink

Not tentative. I'm in. Yes, this is original. It has no name. It's a simple, spiced Navy Grog that I have been working on, an attempt to recreate the Trader Vic's Navy Grog without the Vic's Mix or the way-too-hard-to-get Pimento liqueur. I once made it with molasses, but I have moved on from that. For the time being, call it "Groggy Grog."

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-03 9:50 pm   Permalink

Right on Mate!

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-04 12:30 pm   Permalink

Grog Tasting Update!

We've got 4 entries confirmed. Just in case theres any late ponies added to this race, I've planned for 5-6 contestants, so no worries, for those of you that are still perfecting your grogs, just let me know sometime Friday afternoon at the Oasis!

Cheers!

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiHula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-04 3:02 pm   Permalink

My grog will be an interesting version of the Navy Grog recipe- not so wild afterall.

View Profile of TikiHula Send a personal message to TikiHula  Email TikiHula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-09 6:52 pm   Permalink

My hat goes off to all the participating Mixologists, all entries were most excellent!

An interesting array or exotic ingredients from Hibiscus to cinnamon syrup, made for a colorful and delectable variety or flavors and accents from bitter, spicy, to tart to sweet. It was an intoxicating in more ways than one.

Martiki and Z, thank you for making this happen and allowing this overly obsessive organizational freak be a part of this great event for one more year! It was so much fun, you know it's a success when the pavement outside of your room is so sticky your flip flops stick for the next 2 days.

Congratulations Drunken Hat! ((( bowing down ))) Damn, I really thought I had a ringer with the Trader Vic's grog. I think it was the damn 1/2 mixture of real lemons and lemon concentrate that did my grog in. Foiled again!

Monkeyman, I thought you were a fabulous bouncer, the Magic 8 Ball wouldn't have been able to do a better job.

Everyone: Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

the drunken hat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-10 05:54 am   Permalink

thanks cheekygirl! to be honest i thought my grog would get flogged by the tv grog too. it was a pleasure to meet you and thank you for all the hard work that you put into the competition. i will post some pics as soon as the trophy has been "modified".

View Profile of the drunken hat Send a personal message to the drunken hat  Email the drunken hat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation