FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events kick_the_reverb in Seattle June 2-4
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
kick_the_reverb in Seattle June 2-4
dogbytes

Posted: 2005-06-02 8:55 pm   Permalink

ok, here's the plan
Friday June 3 ~
hang out with KiTR
Noonish (maybe) Lunch at Islander
EMP and sightseeing
5:00 meet at Selector Lopaka & Puamana's
6:30 Dinner at Ohana
Funhouse to see Satan's Pilgrims

call on the cellphone.. and meet up with us!

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-02 10:16 pm   Permalink

Man, I wish I could be up there with you guys - sounds like fun! Missed this trip by 2 weeks...

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
monkeyskull
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-03 3:21 pm   Permalink

Hey, I need to do some work at home this evening to prepare for leaving town tomorrow morning, but still hope to make the Funhouse. Dogbytes, if you see this before you go, let me know your best guess at what time you guys will get there.

View Profile of monkeyskull Send a personal message to monkeyskull  Email monkeyskull Goto the website of monkeyskull     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes

Posted: 2005-06-04 7:09 pm   Permalink

argh! KiTH and i were busybusybusy yesterday and didnt check in with TC..

we:
hit 3 thrift stores (got 2 TV coconuts)
pikes place
archie mc phees
Islander for lunch (its still good food!!)
Surplus store
Experience Music Project
(drive like maniacs to pick up Todd)
drinks at Selector Lopaka & Puamana's
dinner at Ohana
(drive like maniacs to recover show tickets)
we were at Funhouse when it opened (9 pm)
listened to two opening bands that sucked.
then the SATAN'S PILGRIMS...

holygods what a fantastic group. such energy. they played a 90 min set that blew my flip-flops off! hell, if i didnt have to work on saturday, i'd drive to portland to see them play again!!

i think we got 4 hours sleep, then dropped KiTH off at the airport..

a crazy 36 hours..

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kick_the_reverb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-05 03:24 am   Permalink

I'm just winding down from the gig we played in San Diego (which was good btw), having had about 3 hours of sleep, I can still say wow - it was all worth it. It was so cool to hang out with Dogbytes and then with Dogbytes, Todd, Selektor Lopaka & Puamana. Thank you so much for all the hospitality and swag. It was awsome (and what a great place TC is, where you get to meet such friendly and gracious people).
I only took a couple of pics at puamana & Selektor Lopaka's place, and a couple at gig. I'll try to post soon (maybe tomorrow). I'll also put a link to a lot of pics from the gig that were taken by my other internet friends (surf music yahoo groups), if I can find it.
Anyway, enough rambling for 3:30 am...
Mahalo to the Seattle Ohana, hoping to see you guys soon,
Ran

View Profile of kick_the_reverb Send a personal message to kick_the_reverb  Email kick_the_reverb Goto the website of kick_the_reverb     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kick_the_reverb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-13 1:07 pm   Permalink

Ok,
Being too busy and having an extremely slow internet connection prevented me from uploading the measly 2 pics that I took, but I have a link to the pics from Satan's Pilgrims show.
http://www.surfguitar101.com/photos/spSeattle/index.html
http://www.surfguitar101.com/photos/spPortland/index.html
some videos:
http://www.surfguitar101.com/videos/index.html
Enjoy!
Ran

View Profile of kick_the_reverb Send a personal message to kick_the_reverb  Email kick_the_reverb Goto the website of kick_the_reverb     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kick_the_reverb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-15 4:53 pm   Permalink

The pics I took at Puamana & Selektor Lopaka's place:

Left to right - Todd, Dogbytes, Selektor Lopaka, Puamana

Until next time...
Ran

dogbytes

Posted: 2005-06-15 11:42 pm   Permalink

thanks for posting the pics of Satan's Pilgrims! we were sitting too far back to see the band. glad we were there to hear 'em.

we bought the CD, but its not nearly as energetic as the live show!

e

kick_the_reverb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-17 12:12 pm   Permalink

It seems that's always the case, especially with surf bands, that's why I try to see a lot of live shows. Next time I'm making you guys stand at the front...

Ran
(dogbytes - only a few weeks till the ISO9000 audit - yay!)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation