FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events SoCal Tiki Tour booklet - free at Oasis
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
SoCal Tiki Tour booklet - free at Oasis
ZuluMagoo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-03 9:35 pm   Permalink

I have complied a booklet (nothing fancy here) of about 50 tiki places that I know of around Southern California (bars, restaurants, hotels, motels and apartment complexes). Most of the listings are for apartment complexes. I've visited at least half of them in person and am slowing checking them off the list each time I get out to LA. I'll be bringing out about 30 copies for anyone who is interested. The best part is that they are free, just sharing the info with anyone who wants to do some exploring on their own. Just find me at the Oasis (LOL yeah right), I'll be in on Friday night. I'll wear a nametag with my TC handle and have my 3 year old daughter with me. Just introduce yourself say hey and you'll get a copy. Here is a copy of the front page.

and here is the map (the booklet contains a listing, addresses and some pictures for each of the finds)

[ This Message was edited by: ZuluMagoo on 2005-05-03 22:29 ]

View Profile of ZuluMagoo Send a personal message to ZuluMagoo  Email ZuluMagoo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2005-05-03 9:48 pm   Permalink

I'll be lookin for ya........

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-03 9:58 pm   Permalink

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hanalei_Pirate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-03 11:35 pm   Permalink

Nice booklet! Soon to be a collector's item I am sure! Will look for you with daughter in tote!

View Profile of Hanalei_Pirate Send a personal message to Hanalei_Pirate  Goto the website of Hanalei_Pirate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-03 11:39 pm   Permalink

For those of us who live in LA and are not going to Tiki Oasis, the term "chopped liver" comes to mind.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cherry Capri
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-04 12:01 am   Permalink

Hey Zulu,

I'd love to get a copy and also one for my friend Hiltiki back home if that's ok with you?

View Profile of Cherry Capri Send a personal message to Cherry Capri  Goto the website of Cherry Capri     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2005-05-04 12:02 am   Permalink

I'll be looking for you too. Thanks for the heads up!

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-04 10:16 am   Permalink

that is ZAZZ!!! I hope i find you before they are all gone! When are you arriving??
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-11 11:09 am   Permalink

thanks for searching me out at Oasis, and thanks for the great booklet!!! ZAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2005-05-11 11:16 am   Permalink

Hey Zulu. It was nice meeting you and thank you so much for the very nice booklet!

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-11 11:29 am   Permalink

Hi Zulu,
Sorry we did not connect at Oasis.
Anyway, can I pay for shipping to receive your book?
Just wonderin,
Unga

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes

Posted: 2005-05-11 11:42 am   Permalink

Zulu! many thanks for the booklet! i love the map (big print!) you must have gone through a bunch of print cartridges!

i'll remember to pack it in the extra suitcase we bring on trips (its filled with bubble wrap and packing tape ~ "just in case" we have Tiki Finds)

it was great meeting you and chatting a bit.. it looks like i missed about half of the Tiki Central people!! i think we need a mug shot book, for easier identification!

thanks again,
elicia

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZuluMagoo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-17 5:05 pm   Permalink

When I got home from Oasis, I still had 5 or 6 copies left. They are available for anyone interested, just pm me.

On a side note, my wife daughter and I stayed out in SoCal for an additional week after Oasis for vacation. I was able to explore a few more of the listings in the booklet. I posted the apartment complexes in the Locating Tiki Forum, but here is a shortcut.

#23 in the guide - Kona Gardens Apartments in Garden Grove
http://tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=14672&forum=2&1

#24 in the guide - Kona Kai Apartments in Westminster
http://tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=14673&forum=2&0

View Profile of ZuluMagoo Send a personal message to ZuluMagoo  Email ZuluMagoo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine

Posted: 2005-05-17 5:41 pm   Permalink

Boo Hooo! I missed out on getting a book during Tiki Oasis. Does anyone know how I can get one now??

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZuluMagoo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-17 6:56 pm   Permalink

The list so far...

#1 Unga
#2 WooHoo
#3 TikiKate
#4 UtopianDreem

still a few more

[ This Message was edited by: ZuluMagoo on 2005-05-17 19:34 ]

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation