Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music Hearts of Hawaii
Hearts of Hawaii
nuimaleko
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-05-03 11:56 pm   Permalink

When I lived in Hawaii I got a tape out of the Kaneohe library called "Hearts of Hawaii" which was also the name of the band, I think. It was a mutimember band, both male and female singers. I made a copy of the tape and still have it but it is getting old (played a million times) Pretty jazzy on some tracts, not "Traditional Hawaiian" music really although some of the lyrics are in Hawaiian and Tahitian, even some lines in French. I have Googled the title and got nothing. Has anyone else ever heard of this group? If so how can I get their CDs?

View Profile of nuimaleko Send a personal message to nuimaleko  Email nuimaleko Goto the website of nuimaleko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nuimaleko
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-05-06 11:27 am   Permalink

OK OK at 52 my memory is going. I did another search on Mele.com under the title of one of the songs on the tape "Lady of Samoa' and the group is a family called AHIA.
Hearts of Hawaii must have been the other tape I got out of the Kaneohe library. It was released in 1994. Unfortunately it is out of print. If you can find it, it is perfect lounge music.

View Profile of nuimaleko Send a personal message to nuimaleko  Email nuimaleko Goto the website of nuimaleko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nuimaleko
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-05-08 06:44 am   Permalink

OK,OK I screwed up again. I did a nother gogle search and found a fantastic website that carry's Ahia's alblum and also found out it is not Hearts of Hawaii but Hawaiian Heart, Sweet Lahian Nights
so for hard to find , out of print Hawaiian music I recomend
www.portparadise.com

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation