[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music Hawaiian Eye
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Hawaiian Eye
nuimaleko
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-05-04 04:53 am   Permalink

I was just looking up that old TV show and found that they released an LP of music from it. Anyone ever heard it? I know Connie Stevens sang a lot on it, but I don't remember anything else about music on it.

View Profile of nuimaleko Send a personal message to nuimaleko  Email nuimaleko Goto the website of nuimaleko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-04 08:26 am   Permalink

Nuimaleko,

I've got this lp of Connie singing a lot of the songs that she sang on the show, but I don't think it's the same album you're talking about:

There's also a Christmas album where the Warner Bros television actors sing various Christmas carols. Robert Conrad, Connie Stevens and Poncie Ponce all take a turn.

Sabu

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nuimaleko
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-05-04 11:10 am   Permalink

How do you attach pics here? I don't see an attachment thingie.

View Profile of nuimaleko Send a personal message to nuimaleko  Email nuimaleko Goto the website of nuimaleko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2005-05-04 11:25 am   Permalink

Check out the Help/FAQ page. There's a link at the top of this page.

Or just click here:

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/faq.php

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
I, Zombie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-18 12:40 pm   Permalink

I just picked up the Soundtrack to Hawaiian Eye put out be Warner Bros.

Not bad. But the bummer is, the title track lacks the lyrics (well except for the chanting of "Hawaiian Eye"). So I'm wondering, does anyone have a version of the theme with all the lyrics? I'd love a copy.

I've got the Connies Stevens LP too, but she's not signing with the Shell Bar band (small exotica combo) like on the show.

I, Z

View Profile of I, Zombie Send a personal message to I, Zombie  Email I, Zombie Goto the website of I, Zombie     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lanikai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-18 3:50 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-03-18 12:40, I, Zombie wrote: the title track lacks the lyrics (well except for the chanting of "Hawaiian Eye"). So I'm wondering, does anyone have a version of the theme with all the lyrics? I'd love a copy.

sumpin like dis?

http://www.whirligig-tv.co.uk/tv/adults/other/hawaiian_eye.wav

View Profile of lanikai Send a personal message to lanikai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
vegasvic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-18 8:54 pm   Permalink

From the VV Vinyl Vaults:

and don't forget

Aloha,

Vic

View Profile of vegasvic Send a personal message to vegasvic  Email vegasvic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
I, Zombie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-18 9:18 pm   Permalink

Vic,

the 1st LP is the one I just picked up. Great versions of the song Hawaiian Eye, but not the version used on the TV show. Still, I'm not complaining. It's a good LP.

View Profile of I, Zombie Send a personal message to I, Zombie  Email I, Zombie Goto the website of I, Zombie     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-19 07:34 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Chip and Andy 2009-06-05 17:47 ]

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-19 08:30 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-03-19 07:34, Chip and Andy wrote:A close up of Robert Conrad...He thinks he all that and a bag of chips...

Anybody who doesn't think Robert Conrad was all that and a bag of chips can just try to knock this battery off my shoulder...

BTW, everybody, get on the list to be notified when Hawaiian Eye is available on DVD. (I think they actually use this system to determine interest in certain products so might help expedite it's release.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00005JN7R/ref=pd_bbs_null_2/103-1745638-2945404?s=music&v=glance&n=5174

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-19 11:35 am   Permalink

Cool!! Gets my vote!!!!! Damn, that would be awesome. Ten of the shows feature Arthur Lyman and his group playing in the Shell Bar. I'm looking for the episode "Kona Kate" reeeeeeeal bad.

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mashuka
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-03-23 3:00 pm   Permalink

On a related note, Connie Stevens as Cricket on Hawaiian Eye can be found here:
http://bentrecords.blogspot.com/2006/03/connie-stevens-as-cricket-1960-mono.html

View Profile of Mashuka Send a personal message to Mashuka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-24 12:49 pm   Permalink

I've updloaded clear, cd-versions of the following TV Themes:

Hawaiian Eye (with all lyrics)
Hawaii 5-0
Surfside 6
Adventures in Paradise
Johnny Quest

You can download the zip file here:
http://rapidshare.de/files/16333455/exotic_tv_themes.zip.html

Sabu

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnnievelour
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-24 1:03 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-03-19 07:34, Chip and Andy wrote:

What's the deal with his armpit?

View Profile of johnnievelour Send a personal message to johnnievelour  Email johnnievelour Goto the website of johnnievelour     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
untamedhighway
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-03-27 1:17 pm   Permalink

Hawaiian Eye on DVD would be so great. Not that I would encourage anyone to do this, but you can occasionally find decent bootlegs on ebay. I was lucky enough to get one with a performance by Arthur Lyman. It's really beautiful to watch one of the masters perform in the setting of a vintage tiki bar.

View Profile of untamedhighway Send a personal message to untamedhighway  Email untamedhighway Goto the website of untamedhighway     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation