FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Tiki in art galleries ...
Tiki in art galleries ...
Satan's Sin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-06 3:43 pm   Permalink

I've noticed tikis popping up more and more in paintings lately, and thought I'd start a thread wherein we can share our "fine art" finds.

Here's one called "Tiki Rituals":

It's by a very interesting L.A. artist named Kalynn Campbell. Here's her website:

http://www.roulettestudios.com/

[ This Message was edited by: Satan's Sin on 2005-05-06 15:43 ]

View Profile of Satan's Sin Send a personal message to Satan's Sin  Email Satan's Sin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Gigantalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-06 6:57 pm   Permalink

FlickOn_Tiki had a nice piece in a gallery in San Jose. He actually took a coconut apart, emptied out the meat, died the shell, and left part of the husk from which the rest grows.

It was interesting, but would have been cooler if he had been allowed the space to do an installation of a bunch of them. He has several which he got green and munipulated the actual form of the nut...adding ripples, polishing the shell, bleeching one fiber color, adding tones (purples and so on) to other parts and so on.

View Profile of Gigantalope Send a personal message to Gigantalope  Email Gigantalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-riviera
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-08 11:10 pm   Permalink

Hey Satan's Sin,

I have been a big fan of Kalynn Cambell for a while, and just so you know, Kalynn is a he not a she.

[ This Message was edited by: tiki-riviera on 2005-05-08 23:11 ]

View Profile of tiki-riviera Send a personal message to tiki-riviera  Email tiki-riviera     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
john
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-09 03:57 am   Permalink

Hello Everyone,
I am a professional fused glass artist in Chandler Arizona. Here are the latest flyers for my "Island Series".
-John Modzelewski

View Profile of john Send a personal message to john  Email john Goto the website of john     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
exotica59
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-09 06:37 am   Permalink

Hi john and welcome!
I really like your fused glass Island series.
Very cool! Like your whole website as a matter of fact.

View Profile of exotica59 Send a personal message to exotica59  Email exotica59     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Satan's Sin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-09 11:19 am   Permalink

"hawaii five-o and dime"

This poster was created for a Tiki Art show, held at Toronto's Swizzle Gallery in July of 2000. (artist: Greg White)

p.s. -- tiki-rivera -- I stand corrected!

View Profile of Satan's Sin Send a personal message to Satan's Sin  Email Satan's Sin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
john
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-09 1:09 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-05-09 06:37, exotica59 wrote:
Hi john and welcome!
I really like your fused glass Island series.
Very cool! Like your whole website as a matter of fact.

Thank you very much, i appreciate the compliments
-john

View Profile of john Send a personal message to john  Email john Goto the website of john     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Satan's Sin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-10 07:38 am   Permalink

I really like this one!

"It's Kong Tiki"

The artist is Jamio. Here is the website:

http://www.aisletiki.com/tiki-art.html

hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-10 8:08 pm   Permalink

I love seeing "my" kinda stuff in art galleries. Whether it be tiki, kustom kulture, hot rod etc. I get a kick out of it. Its cool seeing low brow art in a high brow setting.

(read in a posh accent)
"Oh daaarling, I just have to have that naked wahine peice. Jeeves, be a good butler and pick that up for me. Ciao daarling"

I like Bobby Peru, fello TCer, nice guy, and one of the few other Aussies on here:
http://www.designcherry.com/tikitiki/home.htm
Good art too.

[ This Message was edited by: hewey on 2005-05-10 20:11 ]

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation