FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events My Tiki Oasis Experience was Great--all 40 minutes of it
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
My Tiki Oasis Experience was Great--all 40 minutes of it
cyntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-09 2:51 pm   Permalink

I'm new to Tiki Central but went to OASIS IV last year. We arrived on Thursday evening and what a huge noticeable difference from this year to last. That blonde lady running the show had the audacity to tell me I could purchase at wine at Big Lots and it was Real Good! Seriously, they were the most unaccomadating bunch of clouts I have ever run into. If it weren't for the Oasis we would have checked out immediatley. She made us wear special bracelets for whatever you want to call that "breakfast" with weak coffee and packaged "danish" cuz she didn't want to feed the whole bunch. The front desk was literally shaking in their boots becuase the "TIKI" people were coming! I made my reservations back in August for the Easter Island Side, my friend made hers in August for the PARTY Side, and they gave me a room on the PARTY side and her on the "Quiet" side and even though we were both in agreement about changing our rooms, she said her manager told her no way could they change ANY rooms. It was amazing! I have never seen anyone work so hard to provide terrible customer service. We couldn't even start a tab in the bar (uh oh we accidently got FREE drinks). And then on Friday morning when we were thirsty they open the bar up and can't find green olives for the bloody mary's and then charge $7.00 per! HELLO! She (the blonde nazi) would not allow any tiki music in the bar. All of the employees were afraid of her. I was glad to see everyone drinking in their room for the most part. The pool bar that was open hardly did any business and that was good too! Yikes! And sorry to Casey-It was great to have you their in previous years.

It's true that when the Tiki's came to town the love outshown that terrible Nazi. The tiki vibe outshown them ratfinks!

View Profile of cyntiki Send a personal message to cyntiki  Email cyntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-05-09 3:49 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-05-08 13:18, mig wrote:
Incidentally, the CT page on TripAdvisor is:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g32847-d219654-Reviews-Caliente_Tropics_Resort-Palm_Springs_California.html

There are some interesting reviews there.

I see the reviews are fairly poor after casey left and overall very positive before he left. Hmm.....The new management made a BIG boo-boo!!! (As if we already didn't know that).

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley

Posted: 2005-05-09 3:55 pm   Permalink

I didn't have much contact with the employees and other than the room not getting cleaned/made up one day, I don't really have any complaints about my stay.
The event, though, was a success in my opinion as a customer. I had a great time.
next year, don't have it on Mother's Day! (I had to say that!)

Anyone want to buy a tiki lamp?
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ted tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-09 4:17 pm   Permalink

That blonde lady running the show kept calling us "Tiki People" and everyone else was "normal people". What a dumbass. Speaking of asses; she should have been kissing our asses all weekend. I had a blast despite the management being inept. We missed Casey big time.

View Profile of ted tiki Send a personal message to ted tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley

Posted: 2005-05-09 4:23 pm   Permalink

Let me clarify my earlier comment about my Tropics Hotel experience, I MISSED CASEY TOO!!!!!!

Sorry, If anyone thought I didn't.

CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-09 6:20 pm   Permalink

Gasp! Horror! Gasp! I missed the whole fiasco, but just reading about it really chapped my *ss! I'm so sorry that happened to you. It was so unnecessary. What were they thinking!? KARMA Baby, KARMA will come back and bite them in the *ss.

I called several times prior to the Oasis to get a few things cleared up with my reservation and it was "hit" or "miss" whether you got someone that was helpful or someone that didn't give a rat's *ss.

On a purely selfish level, I missed the wonderful soap, the fluffy soft towels, the complimentary soda, the late check out. Gees, 1 minute late checking out and gettign charged one extra day. Talk about not letting the door hit your ass on the way out. It was like "thanks for spending money here, now get the hell out!" At times, I felt like the new managment viewed "the tiki people" as a nuisance. You bet your bottom dollar I'm going to submit a new review.

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
weirduncletiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-10 10:52 am   Permalink

Casey,

I'm so glad you showed up at Oasis. Your presence was and will continue to be missed at The Caliente Tropics. As much as I love the resort (Oasis was my FOURTH time staying there in 2005), I will certainly think twice about reserving rooms in the future 'cause customer service is king with me. Thank you for stopping by to say hi, it was great seeing you, if ever so briefly and I hope you'll continue to be a part of our Tiki Family here.

-Weird Unc

View Profile of weirduncletiki Send a personal message to weirduncletiki  Email weirduncletiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-10 7:56 pm   Permalink

I know nothign about the history of what happened or anything like that. But coming from a customer service/retail background it sounds like extremely poor form.

People arent stupid and wont stand for shit service. They will vote with their feet and hurt them in their wallet.

And you have every reason to vent. Perhaps you could have used some glasses and a fake moustache and stayed a full hour?

Keep your chin up - you have lots of support here.

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikinoni

Posted: 2005-05-13 10:53 pm   Permalink

Hi everyone, my wife and I are new to this website and think it is great. My wife and I were at the Tiki Oasis Party kinda by accident. I have been having Tahitian Noni parties the first Thursday of every month for the last four months at the Outrigger Room. However when I showed up to my party on Thursday (which turned out to be the same nite as the Tiki Oasis party unbeknownst to me) I was told by the blonde "Nazi" lady that I could not have my party!! I was informed that my party was not going to happen and I had invited many people to my party, sent flyers, ads, etc. However "Nazi" lady generously gave me a small corner of the outside patio bar to place my display. We enjoyed the Tiki Oasis party and this was our first Tiki party. It was just fantastic and Iwas happy to meet all you great people from all over. I look forward to more Tiki parties in the future. Casey we are sorry to hear about the bad time you had as we can relate. My family and we hope to be a part of this new family and see everyone at the next TIKI party with our display.

MAHALO

Duane and Evelyn

View Profile of tikinoni Send a personal message to tikinoni  Email tikinoni Goto the website of tikinoni     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Alnshely
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-14 11:30 pm   Permalink

Casey,
I was so saddened to hear about what happened with the CT. You have become such a permanent and integral part of the CT, that I just don't like to think of it without you. I hope you will remain active with TC, and plan to go to Hukilau '06. I missed hangin with you this year and I feel as though I have lost a dear friend. Stay strong, Casey
Mahalo,
Shell in the Pacific

View Profile of Alnshely Send a personal message to Alnshely  Email Alnshely     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Netty
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-05-16 11:49 pm   Permalink

Well, I was certainly disappointed in the service this year and our room did not get made up one day. Thanks for the link to submit a review. I have just completed mine.

View Profile of Netty Send a personal message to Netty  Email Netty     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CaseyJPS
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-31 10:42 pm   Permalink

The support is appreciated everyone. I am so glad to hear from so many of you (it is very lonely missing your family when they're just a few blocks down the road).
Mahalo!!

View Profile of CaseyJPS Send a personal message to CaseyJPS  Email CaseyJPS Goto the website of CaseyJPS     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation