FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Baffles me! Why not more responses to THOR art lately????
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
Baffles me! Why not more responses to THOR art lately????
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-13 08:04 am   Permalink

I'll Agree about Mrs Howell Absolutely THE BEST in the Nest, Uummmm.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-13 08:55 am   Permalink

FINALY!!!!! There is a lighter side to this thread than wining!!! I will in deed keep this one open!! This is inspiration!

~~~THOR

View Profile of THOR's Send a personal message to THOR's  Email THOR's Goto the website of THOR's     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-13 09:10 am   Permalink

Ben-

I agree with you there - Mrs. Howell is quite a lady.
However, let's look at Three's Company now: Janet or Chrissy? I like Janet - she has that Mary Ann quality to her.

Since we added Mrs. Howell to the mix, maybe we should add Mrs. Roper to the options here....

www.samgambino.com

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-13 09:22 am   Permalink

OK Sam, I'll agree about Janet, she would really "Bust" things open. Just what we need around here.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
purple jade
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-13 09:27 am   Permalink

I'm sick of seeing this thread...Anyone care to join me in discussing this here?: http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=14596&forum=13&0

[ This Message was edited by: purple jade on 2005-05-13 09:30 ]

View Profile of purple jade Send a personal message to purple jade  Email purple jade Goto the website of purple jade     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-13 09:29 am   Permalink

GUYS! NOT to interupt the fun and mindless trivia.but I need LOTS more replies to look good on the replies column in this forum!

Soo..in other words speed this up Amigo's!! You are a slackin!!! I am pushin o 1000 replies by the weekend!!!

PURPLE JADE!! NOOOO You are stealing my glory!!!!

[ This Message was edited by: THOR's on 2005-05-13 09:31 ]

View Profile of THOR's Send a personal message to THOR's  Email THOR's Goto the website of THOR's     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-13 09:34 am   Permalink

I'm begining to regret saying anything nice to you. I liked you a lot more before you opened your mouth. I will no longer contribute to this thread or your ego.

[ This Message was edited by: finkdaddy on 2005-05-13 09:34 ]

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki G.
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-13 09:41 am   Permalink

I voted (or u-moderated in other words) to move this thread to "bilge" personally.

View Profile of Tiki G. Send a personal message to Tiki G.  Email Tiki G. Goto the website of Tiki G.     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-13 09:43 am   Permalink

i am with TikiG

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-13 09:44 am   Permalink

Look I will gladly end this thread. I am bored with it as well.. but to see the sarcasm of the last few mindless banters didn't work guys
I returned the sarcasm..had funwith it and so you can't handle it?? I was serious about my discssion and you attempted to mock me...so I jut played along..and you get pissed??? Let the coments go..most of you have made your stand..in bth directions Let it go..

Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-13 10:19 am   Permalink

Saving the best for last (yeah, right!). Maybe this will get it moved to bilge:

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki G.
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-13 10:22 am   Permalink

Yep, that ought to work.....

View Profile of Tiki G. Send a personal message to Tiki G.  Email Tiki G. Goto the website of Tiki G.     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-13 10:25 am   Permalink

My God. you proved my point perfectly T bot...classy and articulate!! I rest my case!! You never answered my question as to how to end this thread !! I voted it locked yesterday!! Let it go..or vote!! Unless you love this game!

Ya know..anyone choosing to understand the start of my post..after I explained the context has sent very positive support. There is this small circle of vocal "naysayers" as one of you described to me in a private message that seems to feed on this drama. The fact is..you misread my intent. Had you heard me in person..you would not have interpreted any of this BS.

Lighten up ad stop wining. Be competive in a fun way!! I came in here ready to be inspired and challenged..let that be your constructive comments and not a group of winers supporting a feeding frenzy.

I am a positve, warm and supportive person. I don't need to prove it...it will be comprhended by anyone wanting to see it. Some of you need to learn the real meaning of "Aloha" and not just be fascinated by its image.
~THOR

[ This Message was edited by: THOR's on 2005-05-13 10:29 ]

[ This Message was edited by: THOR's on 2005-05-13 11:10 ]

[ This Message was edited by: on 2005-05-13 11:29 ]

MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-13 11:11 am   Permalink

Here's my 2 cents...
Take a look at Thor's work. It is, imho, amazing. One of my favorite artists whose works are found throughout my home is James Coleman. I enjoy his work because it's what I want to have in my dreams at night. Then about 1 year ago, I discovered Tom Thordarson's work. Not only do I like Tom's work more, but it has a certain amount of Tiki mystery that can't be found in James Coleman's work and a fun amount of levity thrown in as well. I know Tom personally and he is far removed from wanting to spam TC but is really looking to get feedback on his art, be it good (my feeling), bad or indifferent. This can on occassion be a "tough crowd" but with so much Tiki acumen present here, it is a big pill to swallow if you don't know what you're getting yourself into. I dig his work the most, to say the least.
Holden

[ This Message was edited by: smogbreather on 2005-05-13 11:17 ]

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-13 11:41 am   Permalink

I agree his work is really Fantastic and it is Way above average. I have nothing at all against his work. This thread is Not about his Work, but is more of his trying to get TC'rs to critique his work weather thay want to or Not. he claims to understand now but like I said earlier IF he AHAad read a few threads and posts he would Know what TC was about. he can take that for what ever he wants to but he is only going to get responses to his art when people want to give it. JUST because he Posts something doesn't mean anyone HAS to respond to it.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation