FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Oasis pics
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Oasis pics
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-11 11:11 pm   Permalink

Us girls are driven wild by desire for a sleeping Unga:

]

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-11 11:15 pm   Permalink

The funny thing about the above incident is that the next morning when I woke up and I was remembering a bunch of us breaking into Unga's room for a viewing, I was thinking "why was Unga Bunga taking a nap at three in the morning? what a silly guy." That is the power of Tiki Oasis -- it is a world where the concept of "sleep" simply no longer exists.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2005-05-11 11:18 pm   Permalink

Here's a few;

King Kukulele and Crazy Al makin' noise.

Crazy Al chipping away.

Sea of people.

Winner - Best Dressed Kid:
Hakalugi and Don's Ho present
Tiki Bo Peep (Hailey Celeste)
as the Dolly Headhunter

Winner - Best Dressed Pet:
Mrs. Arizona presents
Buccaneer Beady

Winner - Best Dressed Savage:
Shell in the Pacific

Runner Up - Best Dressed Savage:
The Baxdog

Winner - Best Dressed Nose:
Krustiki

[ This Message was edited by: Hakalugi on 2005-05-14 21:08 ]

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
inkylouise
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-05-12 11:27 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-05-11 21:36, Chongolio wrote:
Inky's sock monkey soakin' rays in the pool.

Russell says,

"Hey Chongo-bro; that was my favorite part too!"

View Profile of inkylouise Send a personal message to inkylouise      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-12 1:54 pm   Permalink

Love that picture Inks! And yes, I STILL remember who you are!

Sorry we did not have more time to visit.

TB

View Profile of tikibob Send a personal message to tikibob  Email tikibob Goto the website of tikibob     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-12 2:44 pm   Permalink

A surfer, a shriner, and a pirate walk into a liquor store. Sounds like an opening line to a joke? Nope, it's Tiki Oasis!!!

What a great fun filled weekend! For as much stuff as I did, the weekend went by entirely too fast. So much to see and do, so many people to talk to and meet - only afterwards in a fuzzy haze do I remember "Oh yeah, I really wanted to meet 'So-And-So' or check out someone's booth, or see if anyone is selling pufferfish lamps, or... the list is endless.

The other list that is endless is my thanks and gratitude to all the people who made Oasis such a special and fun event.

Al and Shelly, for hosting in the infamous room 135. Thank you so much for all of your hospitality!

Dr. Z for throwing spectacular hangover inducing parties, and then passing out his patented hangover cure.

The fantastic plate lunch provided by OnaTiki and Moki. Thanks so much, it was delicious, and I don't know if I could have finished Oasis without it!!! Also OnaTiki's busting my chops of my dad dropping me off at Oasis (There goes your lunch, man!).

Sharing cuban cigar smokes with Seamus, HulaHula, and Dr. Shocker, and the many swigs of Australian Rum from Doc Shock's flask.

Monkeyman for selling my extra Pele Mugs at his booth, and for all the great conversation during the weekend. Thanks Braddah, you are too cool for school. Glad to see that you got to jump in on that jam session! By the way, did you know that Monkeyman is only 26 years old?

UngaBunga and Chongolio for letting me stash a whole bunch of crap in their room! And then I missed the party that Unga hosted!!! DOH!!!

Otto and Babydoe for throwing such a fantastic event, especially with all of the grief they had to put up with.

Will the Thrill and Monica Tiki Godess, for the open ended invitation to check out their swank pad at the Orbit Inn.

Hukilau Brown for getting me a volunteer shift, and weathering the storm at the front gate on opening night! How many people couldn't remember their confirmation numbers, or even their last names? Much Mahaloz for getting Coco Loco a last minute volunteer shift as well.

Martiki, Rebecca, Sabu, Tiki-bot, and who-ever else got on the phone, and convinced Coco Loco to drive down on Friday evening.

Coco Loco for actually driving down late Friday night to attend Oasis!

And last, but certainly not least, huge props go out to Chongolio, for navigating like a true pirate through strange tropical monsoons, freakish hailstorms, a scary detour through the ghetto in Rialto (or wherever the hell we were) where we were lost for a good hour, and strange and exotic lands infested with dinosaurs, mang. Thanks for the good times and the great conversation all the way down to Oasis!

It seems like most of my pictures came out great - too many to post here, I tried paring it down to a select few, but it's impossible - here's some of the cream:

Tiki + Oasis = TIKI OASIS!!!

Land Of The Lost (driver).

Unga's Room

Uh-oh Tonga-In-Cheeky, you've got competition!!!

ARRRRRRR?!?

Unga gets a lap dance!

Muscle kissing and ARRRRR-GYLE sweaters.

Trader Pup's traditional sake ceremony.

ARRRRRRRR!!!

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

Bamboo Sprout.

Room Party! Island Fever, Ho Harr Harrrrr!!!

The Great Cuban smoke-out.

Hey Dr. Shocker, didn't anyone tell you that three on a match is bad luck?!?

Beware Savages!!! ARRRRRRRR!!!!

Party in Hanford and Humuhumu's room.

Repeat after me: ARRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

Land Ho ye lilly livered lubbers!!!

My Hangover Cure is elementary, my dear Watson!

On the Planet Of The Apes, we did not have Oasis, only banaynays, banaynays, banaynays...

Hangin' with Seamus' tikis.

And let's not forget that it was Mother's Day Weekend! Happy Mother's Day, mom, and no, I'm not a gay pirate!!!

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIkiStu

Posted: 2005-05-12 4:44 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the pics everyone, it helps to bring back the memories of the weekend. By the way, has anyone seen my brain, I think I left in a tiki mug in 135 or possibly under a bongo somewhere. Let me know........ Thanks for the effort in the krawl... combover wins the prize here..... but hey I am the one still looking for his brain......so what do I know ... I am missing my girl friend too.......

View Profile of TIkiStu Send a personal message to TIkiStu  Email TIkiStu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
biffachu
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-05-12 6:51 pm   Permalink

Ok Guys my pix won't come up like yours cuz i gots kinda alot. So click this link to go to my webpage pix:

http://www.biffinc.com/TikiOasis2005/TikiOasis2005.html

We had a blast and met so many new & old friends. Biff , Mike & The Coconut Twins Say Aloha! and can't wait to see you all next time. We'll for sure be at Crazy Al's B-day & Hukilau. Thanks to Everyone .....

Love Yas, Mahalo!!

View Profile of biffachu Send a personal message to biffachu  Email biffachu Goto the website of biffachu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-12 8:41 pm   Permalink

Are you ready kids? I can't hear you!

Project Pimento -- is that a new theremin?

Iuka Grogg and The Mysterious Miss Mauna Loa

Mika'ele Loco Moco has the Best Guitar Ever.

Get that giant Mai Tai off the stage!

Unga Bunga and CynfulCynner

What's that thing floating in the pool?

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnnievelour
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-12 11:27 pm   Permalink

AL!

Kick_the_Reverb and wench

Otto enjoys a Reverb Crash

Iuka's Grogg made by Iuka Grogg

Voodoo snooze

Diet Coke Bomb!

View Profile of johnnievelour Send a personal message to johnnievelour  Email johnnievelour Goto the website of johnnievelour     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-13 07:06 am   Permalink

Really, who IS this clown? One of us?

This one did not speak (at least that I heard) and would sort of stare at you.

Clowns scare me.

TB

View Profile of tikibob Send a personal message to tikibob  Email tikibob Goto the website of tikibob     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Krustiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-13 7:14 pm   Permalink

Quote:

What's that thing floating in the pool?

I don't know, but they just opened an X file.

[ This Message was edited by: Krustiki on 2005-05-13 19:14 ]

View Profile of Krustiki Send a personal message to Krustiki  Email Krustiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2005-05-14 10:32 am   Permalink

Getting my pix together now.

So, in the meantime, I proudly present my masterpiece of the weekend. I got a lot of winners, but this one takes the cake. Therefore, it is presented in glorious huge, non-shutterfly format. I thought it best to leave the red eye, don't you agree?

Enjoy!

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SES
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-14 11:21 am   Permalink

Hah! Yes that one is better with the red eye! I also love the monkey on the float in the pool and the shot of everyone talking into their banana phones.

View Profile of SES Send a personal message to SES      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2005-05-14 11:57 am   Permalink

OK- here goes!

What a great vacation- just what the doctor ordered. We were welcomed to the southland on Wednesday by the kind hospitality of Dr. Z and DolphinGirl, who gave us the grand tour of the Castaway Lounge. Here's Dr. Z captured in his native habitat:

You can also see some pix of the Tiki Apts nearby in the Shutterfly folder. (link at bottom)

Then it was off to the Ti, where things were great for as much as I can remember. A pleasure to meet PapaToaTane, CheekyTiki, SpermWhale, and I'm sure a host of others. BIG mahalos go out to Tiki Diablo for giving us a ride to the Travelodge at the end of the night. I was apparently unfit to even stagger. (pix in the Wednesday night at the Tiki Ti Thread)

Thursday it was off to OA, The Lucky Tiki, and The Purple Orchid.

Then off to Oasis- many thanks to Otto and Doe for all of the hard work. Thanks to all of the volunteers as well, and to C'Al and his team for the incredible stage. A true thing of beauty! Thanks also to all of the room hosts and Nelva for putting everything together with the taste-off. And now, to the pix!

Sleepy Sabu:

Arrrr!

Extreme Kukulele

Guess which manly man this is?

Wish this wasn't blurry:

Al, don't worry, it looks dirtier than it was:

Pottery can make you hateful:

Bad Tron!

C'Al is nice enough to let Atomic Cocktail know that his prison name is Mary:

Updated:

Lots more gems here:
http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EeBMXDZw4btH-w

Mahalo everyone!

[ This Message was edited by: martiki on 2005-05-16 11:21 ]

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation