FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving New GlassTikis, Girl Tiki n swizzle **UpdateJune 30**pg5
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
New GlassTikis, Girl Tiki n swizzle **UpdateJune 30**pg5
john
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-09 11:08 am   Permalink

Hello,
Here are the flyers for my "Island Series". I design and create glass tiki wall/table sculptures, candle shields, panels, and jewelry.
-John Modzelewski

[ This Message was edited by: john on 2005-06-22 03:28 ]

[ This Message was edited by: john on 2005-06-25 20:18 ]

[ This Message was edited by: john on 2005-06-30 01:13 ]

[ This Message was edited by: john on 2005-06-30 18:30 ]

View Profile of john Send a personal message to john  Email john Goto the website of john     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-09 12:59 pm   Permalink

Very cool stuff, Website looks great.

Welcome to TC , stick around and share lots.

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
john
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-09 1:07 pm   Permalink

thank you very much for the welcome! I really appreciate the compliments.
-john

View Profile of john Send a personal message to john  Email john Goto the website of john     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thanatos
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-09 4:52 pm   Permalink

Looks great. How big ar they?

View Profile of Thanatos Send a personal message to Thanatos  Email Thanatos     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
john
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-09 10:32 pm   Permalink

thanks,
the two connected tikis are 2"x8", those are samples of wall hangings that can be from 1 tiki (4") up to 10 tikis (40"). the necklaces range from .75"x.75" all the way to 1.25"x2.5". the other tikis are about 3x5 to 4"x6". the palm tree/tiki is 8x8. i specialize in custom, i can do them in about any color and any size to around 32x42(the size of my kiln)
-john
p.s. as of 2:45am the monochromatic tiki's went in the kiln. They should be cooled, photographed and ready to post by late tuesday/early wednesday.

[ This Message was edited by: john on 2005-05-10 03:24 ]

theartcoach
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-05-10 06:35 am   Permalink

Very cool!

View Profile of theartcoach Send a personal message to theartcoach  Email theartcoach     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-10 2:03 pm   Permalink

Very nice - and I like your color combinations.

www.samgambino.com

[ This Message was edited by: Sam Gambino on 2005-05-10 14:03 ]

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-10 2:23 pm   Permalink

Lookin good John. Is the glass hard to work with? I'm just not familiar with the process it takes to create those in glass. Very nice stylized tikis

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiwinebear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-10 3:55 pm   Permalink

Great stuff, john!

I have been crafting stained glass panels for quite a few years now. I have watched some crafters work with fused glass, and can really appreciate what you must go thru on such small pieces, and admire your craftmanship and artistry.

I have been trying to come up with some window panel designs for tiki's but haven't completed any as of yet. You are inspiring me to get back at it and keep trying. The crafting of piece seems to be easier than actually creating the design since I am more geometric oriented (Frank Lloyd Wright inspired) than objects and landscapes.

Keep up the great work!!

View Profile of tikiwinebear Send a personal message to tikiwinebear  Email tikiwinebear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-10 7:13 pm   Permalink

They look pretty funky. I love seeing all the different ways people make tiki art.

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-10 7:14 pm   Permalink

They look pretty funky. I love seeing all the different ways people make tiki art.

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
john
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-10 7:22 pm   Permalink

thank you very much,
i know what you're going through, i started out very geometric-minded, but my cartoon drawing and painting helped me break that mindset. crafting the pieces, especially the small pieces, can get fustrating but i'm doing what i love so it's worth it.
-john

the monochromatic pieces came out awesome, i should hopefully have some pictures up soon.

[ This Message was edited by: john on 2005-05-11 04:10 ]

MachTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-11 06:34 am   Permalink

Seriously, they look good John. Are you going to be doing fused glass Tiki's in a larger scale?

View Profile of MachTiki Send a personal message to MachTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
john
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-11 11:23 am   Permalink

larger tikis are definetly on the way. with my kiln, i have the ability to make them as large as 32"x42". the next addition to the island series is a really innovative wall hanging - details will be kept top secret until the unveiling sometime next week
-john

john
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-12 12:37 pm   Permalink

Hello everyone,
here are the newest tikis, just out of the kiln. hope you enjoy!
-john

[ This Message was edited by: john on 2005-07-04 15:48 ]

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation