FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving New GlassTikis, Girl Tiki n swizzle **UpdateJune 30**pg5
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
New GlassTikis, Girl Tiki n swizzle **UpdateJune 30**pg5
spy-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-23 7:07 pm   Permalink

Those are really great and unique! I'm a little curious about the process too. Special types of glass? Kiln time, temp. etc? Stuff like that. Have you other non-tiki work to show?

View Profile of spy-tiki Send a personal message to spy-tiki  Email spy-tiki Goto the website of spy-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
spy-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-23 7:10 pm   Permalink

(sorry, hit the button twice.)

[ This Message was edited by: spy-tiki on 2005-05-23 19:11 ]

View Profile of spy-tiki Send a personal message to spy-tiki  Email spy-tiki Goto the website of spy-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
john
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-23 8:32 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-05-23 19:07, spy-tiki wrote:
Those are really great and unique! I'm a little curious about the process too. Special types of glass? Kiln time, temp. etc? Stuff like that. Have you other non-tiki work to show?

thanks,
as far as creation goes.. i use glass that is formulated to heat and cool at the same rate to eliminate cracks from thermal shock. each color and design element is a separate piece of glass that has been cut, ground and meticulously placed. the pieces, depending on the level of relief of the design elements, are heated to temperatures between 1350-1500 degrees for anywhere between 14-19 hours. although the tikis are my personal favorite to create, i also have non-tiki pieces.

and

within the next few days, my website will have every piece to date. in the meantime here are some of my flyers for the other series.
-john

[ This Message was edited by: john on 2005-05-23 20:36 ]

View Profile of john Send a personal message to john  Email john Goto the website of john     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-23 9:47 pm   Permalink

Hey John- These are cool and unique too. Looking fine!

www.samgambino.com

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
john
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-24 4:01 pm   Permalink

Thanks Sam,
I really appreciate the compliments!
There are 2 new tiki creations scheduled to be fired tonight, as soon as they are done i will post pics
-john
the website is up and running at 98%.
lemme know what you think

[ This Message was edited by: john on 2005-05-26 03:28 ]

View Profile of john Send a personal message to john  Email john Goto the website of john     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
john
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-26 03:25 am   Permalink

hi everyone,
this feller just came out of the kiln today. again the picture isn't the greatest, i will post good pics as soon as i get them. anyways here he is..

"Reverse Tikiology"

lemme know what you think
-john

Creative Glassworks "Island Series"
http://www.creativeglassworksaz.com
john@creativeglassworksaz.com

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-26 06:47 am   Permalink

He looks a little Backwards, oh yeah thet was the idea. Neat I love it. I think I like the Dark side)left) better.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-26 09:50 am   Permalink

Hey that's very cool!

You've got some nice Positive-Negative Interchange action happening there.

Kinda looks like he got caught halfway between here and bizarro world

-Tw

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
john
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-26 12:41 pm   Permalink

thanks everybody! when i made it i was thinking along the lines of "spy vs spy".

being that i'm not good with surprises tomight is the unveiling my fez sportin tiki. though, i havent came up with a good name for it yet.

freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-26 1:17 pm   Permalink

I really liked the rally striped pieces, they're like minimalist art, but with meaning!

I've just had a brainstorm: what about fused glass playing cards? A deck would be less than useless, but fused glass renditions of the face cards & aces, or famous hands ("Dead Man's Hand," Royal Straight FLush, etc.) might sell.

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
john
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-26 1:49 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-05-26 13:17, freddiefreelance wrote:
I really liked the rally striped pieces, they're like minimalist art, but with meaning!

I've just had a brainstorm: what about fused glass playing cards? A deck would be less than useless, but fused glass renditions of the face cards & aces, or famous hands ("Dead Man's Hand," Royal Straight FLush, etc.) might sell.

thanks for the compliments,
that is so weird, my sister mentioned something similar last night.. i have 4 glass coasters in the kiln right now, one with each suit. Thats an awesome idea, thank you, the actual cards would so take it to the next level.
could i consider you a customer... hint hint

crappy camera phone pic

[ This Message was edited by: john on 2005-05-26 19:05 ]

john
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-26 7:09 pm   Permalink

Here is the new feller, alls he needs is a name and a good home
-john

Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-26 9:26 pm   Permalink

John, your work is so unique to the other stuff that's posted here. It's just the coolest!

A-A

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
john
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-27 1:44 pm   Permalink

thanks for the compliments, it means a lot
-john

john
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-27 6:30 pm   Permalink

tiki.. party of 13, your table is ready

These are for a customer's daughter's tiki themed party. i thought they looked all cool in formation. oh and i know my camera phone sucks.
-john

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation