FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Oasis V memories
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Tiki Oasis V memories
mrs. pineapple
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-10 10:57 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-05-10 09:21, RevBambooBen wrote:
WOOFLE BALL !!!

Ben - you guys almost had me in premature labor! Between the attempted de-pantsing of Crazy Al at 2nd base, and your at-bat using the Ape Carver sign....

The whole weekend was so fun! It was really tough getting back to work this morning!

View Profile of mrs. pineapple Send a personal message to mrs. pineapple      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-10 11:06 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-05-10 10:57, mrs. pineapple wrote:
The whole weekend was so fun! It was really tough getting back to work this morning!

And how!! This was my first Tiki Oasis, and it ended entirely too early. So many things to do, so little time.....

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-10 1:04 pm   Permalink

My 3rd Oasis. Many Many familiar faces. Knowing folks makes it all so much more fun. Someone to hang out with no matter where you go.

I must say that TikiPugs Mojito was my favorite drink of the weekend (thanks). *PiPhiRho gets my vote for the Grog Contest.
*Playing the drums with the band mates of Ape and Fisherman in Futura Girls room was a definite high point.
*Hanging with Chongolio and Unga is always a good time.
*Ona Tiki and Moki are to be eternally thanked for feeding me more than once. The pork and macaroni salad was delicious.
*AlnShely are at the top of the list for providing me with a place to sleep.
*Laney is the best co-vendor you could ask for. She was kind enough to let me escape often from my vending duties.
*Crazy Al was a great mastermind for the stage.
*King Kukulele really made the weekend fun for the little ones that are often left out of the festivities.
*Congrats to Polypop for working so hard on his carved panels and shirts and for doing so well selling them.
*Floratina, "dahling" its always fun to be around you.
*Kick the Reverb, I must say that my first thought about the comb in the drink was "brilliant", my second thought was "brilliant" also.
*Traderpup, you always put on a great show and leave no detail untouched. The decor and ceremony for the Typhoon was terrific.
*I was thankful to finally meet a few TCers in person like The Sperm Whale, Tiki Matt, Dogbytes, and Inklouise. Putting a face with the name is a good thing.
*I thought the management of the Oasis was indeed trying hard to keep things smooth but in the end we all have grown accustomed to having a freind at the helm.

You cant ask for a better group of freinds who travel many many miles to be a part of something very unique and special. I hope the Oasis goes on forever but if it doesnt I will count myself fortunate to have been a part of something incredible.

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ginger Goldmine

Posted: 2005-05-10 1:27 pm   Permalink

Aloha, Mateys.
Well, can you believe I have been to each Tiki Oasis and watched it transform with increasingly bigger production and vastly greater participation, yet this is my first time on Tiki Central??
Must say that Otto and Baby Doe are extraordinary in shepherding such a good-spirited scene, and it isn't just the good spirits that are flowing into our tiki mugs (yum!), but it's the overall generosity and kindness that everyone shares. I enjoyed seeing all my old friends, getting to know acquaintances better, and chatting with new folks-like Tim, Eric, James, Lane, Bruce, the Damn Right Darlings, My only regret is that I was too sleepyheaded to hang through the progressive room parties, what self-respecting burlesque gal goes to sleep by 2AM?? Ginger Goldmine, that's who!
Hey there, any of you Photogs or Vidieogs that have documentation of my Pirate Act from Friday nite, I would LOVE a copy, and if I can post to my website, let me know.

Mahalo, Tiki Bretheren
Ginger Janet

PS If you are going to drink it, do it out of a tiki!!

View Profile of Ginger Goldmine Send a personal message to Ginger Goldmine  Goto the website of Ginger Goldmine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kabuna

Posted: 2005-05-10 4:57 pm   Permalink

After four failed tries (and four leaky rowboats) my wife and I finally made it to a Tiki Oasis, and we were glad we did! W had a blast, and hopefully we'll be able to make the excursion next year.

View Profile of Kabuna Send a personal message to Kabuna  Email Kabuna Goto the website of Kabuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tedtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-10 5:40 pm   Permalink

Wow, where to start. This was my 1st Oasis and I was literally blown away. Thanks to Otto and Baby Doe for their superhuman efforts. Thankyou Cherry for the modern architecture tour. It was awesome. Being from Illinois I don't get to experience this very often and I loved every minute. I'm sorry I didn't make the room crawls and meet some of you but my clock was a couple of hours ahead of the rest of you. It was nice to meet Holden of Tikifarm he's a supernice guy. Between all the bands, the vendors, the people and of course the mai tai's it was an incredible weekend. I'm looking forward to the next one. Mahalo

View Profile of tedtiki Send a personal message to tedtiki  Email tedtiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suicide_sam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-10 5:50 pm   Permalink

You know, this year was not as crowded as last year and I honestly liked it allot better this year. I know it's snobby or whatever but something about keeping it mostly within the communitty that I liked allot better. I know it's probably better for the vendors to have it completely open for anyone to come in though. Anyways, kudos to Otto, baby Doe, and all the artists, and bands that came out to give us a such a great event.

View Profile of suicide_sam Send a personal message to suicide_sam  Email suicide_sam Goto the website of suicide_sam ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Selector Lopaka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-10 6:16 pm   Permalink

Aloha y'all!

Puamana and I just got back into Rain City a few hours ago, and we must say, WOW, what a lovely weekend. Our TC experience has been enhanced greatly, now that we can match faces to names.

The Crawl was such a great idea. To be able to meet new folks while sampling amazing tropical libations was too cool. Mahalos to all the hosts for all the effort put into the happy hours.

Also, it was an honor to be asked to DJ this year, and I enjoyed it thoroughly, even though some gremlins (or were they menehunes?) in the sound system were behaving mischievously.

As well as our amazing time with the TC ohana at Oasis, we were also fortunate enough to visit the Tiki Ti, Bahooka, and Oceanic Arts during our visit to SoCal. Oodles of mahalos to our fabulous tour guide and traveling partners for helping to make our movement about the area as smooth as silk.

We look forward to seeing some of you at the NW Crawl next month!

View Profile of Selector Lopaka Send a personal message to Selector Lopaka  Email Selector Lopaka Goto the website of Selector Lopaka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KikaAkua
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-05-10 6:20 pm   Permalink

Had a great time... and damnit, I'm hosting next year so I have more chances to meet all of you. I guess I'd better get busy designing the perfect drink, or at least one that doesn't suck and isn't exactly like another one. Truthfully, the world needs more tiki drinks without rum in them. Or maybe that's just my liver talking. Let's just say I can't remember saturday.

Hats off to Otto & everybody for all that work, and especially Denny for being such a damned genius. Thanks for making us all feel like family!

View Profile of KikaAkua Send a personal message to KikaAkua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DJLee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-10 6:39 pm   Permalink

Hi, trying to catch up with a ton of work here so I'll make this one short...it was a marvelous weekend, a great event and as usual, everyone there was super friendly; it was like a huge extended family. It's nice to see such ecstatic posts this year!

Thanks to all who came up and said hi during the DJ sets!

Lee

View Profile of DJLee Send a personal message to DJLee  Goto the website of DJLee     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-10 6:49 pm   Permalink

Oh sure, lets all rub it in to the faces of those who couldnt go. Look, look! We had a great time and you were at home crying into your empty bottle of rum... And yes, no-on loves you either, and your parents didnt want you - you were an accident!

Okay, you got me. I am just jealous. Very jealous. Good to know everyone had a great time

Now where's that bottle of rum...

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-10 6:59 pm   Permalink

Highlight #1: watching King Kukulele give my son a private performance of his all time favorite song Istanbul (Not Constantinople).

Highlight No. 2: TikiMatt's Monkeypiss...divine!

Highlight No. 3: Watching Mogambo's pre screening of The Armchair Traveler, that is when he finally got it up and running I can't wait to see the whole thing! I have to say my heart skipped an extra beat when I saw Benzart on the screen! Yaaay Ben!

Highlight No. 4: Seeing Floratina in that bathing suit! Ouch! You go girrrrl!

Highlight No. 5: Getting to put more faces with the Tiki Central crew. Hanford, Mrs. B, Dogbytes, Seamus, MachTiki, Hula Hula, Sperm Whale, Bosko, Beachin and many more. I still missed meeting a few of you. Bummer for me!

Highlight No. 6: Thank GOD for ShipwreckJoey! You saved my life with that ICE COLD Tecate! Yummmm!

Highlight No. 7: The room crawls, the room parties. Just getting to spend a wonderful weekend with some of the best people on the planet! MAHALO!

Many thanks to everyone who made it happen!

More Highlights as I remember them....

[ This Message was edited by: DawnTiki on 2005-05-10 20:46 ]

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
irkyTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-05-10 7:06 pm   Permalink

From the rest of my Cult brothers and sisters. It was a blast. Thanks for the hospitality and the fun. Thanks for the stellar music and the great stuff to stare at.

Next year....I hope to lose less of my hearing....just a hope mind you.

[ This Message was edited by: irkyTiki on 2005-05-10 19:34 ]

View Profile of irkyTiki Send a personal message to irkyTiki  Goto the website of irkyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-10 7:17 pm   Permalink

Aye Yi Yi Yi Yi...I've been to two rodeos and a county fair and this here Tiki Oasis 5 was the most fun I've ever had! Thanks to Otto, Ape, Fisherman, Project Pimento, Makai Gents, the beautiful and talented burlesque artists (I'm sorry we couldn't run away together Kitten), the Room Hosters (you know who you are), Sven, Tiki Farm and all da TC ohana (old & new) and ...oh yeah, King Kukulele. We were so thrashed we wound up staying another day, and then to put the icing on the cake, blew a motor on the way home. HEY...no Tikis we're damaged. Aloha

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OnaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-10 7:47 pm   Permalink

We had a great time !! Can't wait to do it all over again.

Al & Shelly- As always, you were so gracious to be party central. And we loved all of the costume changes!! Arrr!! I only took one pic of Shell though. Next year I'll try to do better

We came home with lots of new music (Ape, Mai Kai Gents, Fisherman & King Kuke). A new tiki from Jungle Trader (sorry Unga, you got to be quicker)and a couple of wall hangings from Poly Pop and Seamus. All very cool!! Thanks guys.

So many great vendors, so little money!! That Munk Tiki vending machine was classic. Moki had to feed it some cash. It was as addicting as a slot maching (just ask BongoFury )

We didn't take many pictures this time. Having too much fun chatting with all our friends. But you can check them out here.
http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EeAN2TFw4aMWzEZA&notag=1

The room crawl was too much fun. What a great way to meet everybody. It was nice meeting some new friends. Finally getting to put faces to names.

TC is truly a special group of people that we always have so much fun with. Thanks to Otto, Baby Doe, Holden, Mateo and all the other organizers whom we've missed. We know it's a lot of work.

Till the next event....

Aloha

View Profile of OnaTiki Send a personal message to OnaTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation