FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » Other Events » » Hukilau 2005 goes live!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Hukilau 2005 goes live!
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-09 8:39 pm   Permalink

Well, here it is http://www.thehukilau.com . The site is officially live and the lineup very strong. We have really worked hard this year to make Hukilau an amazing experience. I'm so glad to announce that Charles Phoenix will present an exclusive titled "Space Age Tiki Slideshow" on Thursday this year!! The Mai Kai has given us permission to view glimpses from the past never before seen!! You'll have to wait til next year (the 50th!!) to view them all but Charles will tease you with some doozies along with classic views of the Sunshine State! Yma Sumac! Robert Drasnin!

You can now book your reservations!! Under the Reservations area you'll notice a link for New Attendees and Returning Guests. Tickets will be available for purchase by the end of next week. We encourage you to go ahead and make your hotel plans.

You'll notice that the dates for Hukilau are October 6,7,8 but as planning was underway the last month I realized that Monday the 10th was a holiday so I have added first time events for Sunday the 9th. Hukilau will host the very first Car Show in our history (details to be announced). Please follow the link on the site if you are interested in showing your classic ride! Also, we will feature a South Floria Home Bar Tour! Stops will include my home bar Okele Maluna and Chip and Andy's Lanai. This tour is limited to 40 people. Details will be annouced in July on how you can attend this very special evening. The Mai Kai will host those unable to attend for another special treat!

We still have several activities to announce for each day that you attend. As always, we welcome those who would like to spread the word. If you are interested in distributing posters and handbills this year please contact me at tiki_kiliki@thehukilau.com

A huge Mahalo to Seth Ferreira at Troika Studios for again designing this years site - another outstanding vision & to Sabu the Coconut Boy for supplying some of the classic images for your viewing pleasure!

Tiki Farm will once again sponsor Hukilau and also produce 2 limited edition creations for this year designed by Derek himself - images will be coming soon!

Pour yourself a Mai Tai, cozy up to the computer and enjoy the sites and sounds of Hukilau 2005 - we'll see you in Ft. Lauderdale in October.

The World of Tiki Kiliki

[ This Message was edited by: tiki_kiliki on 2005-05-09 21:19 ]

[ This Message was edited by: tiki_kiliki on 2005-05-27 09:23 ]

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-09 9:20 pm   Permalink

What a GREAT SITE, Tiki Kiliki!! All the little cute surprises, too! (I'm enamored of the Pop-Up King Kukulele!). Seth did a WONDERFUL job.

Great score behind it, too - nice to get a preview of Tongohiti and the rest of the bands (not to mention what a thrill to hear Yma wafting thru my laptop). And all the Mai Kai babes adorning every page (the way we all envision that it always looks there).

I'm THERE, Baby!

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
purple jade
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-09 9:26 pm   Permalink

I can't get the hotel site to accept the code...?

View Profile of purple jade Send a personal message to purple jade  Email purple jade Goto the website of purple jade     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-09 9:29 pm   Permalink

PJ - I'll get on that in the morning ASAP and see what's going on!!

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McDougall
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-09 9:33 pm   Permalink

I can't wait! My 3rd Hukilau. My only complaint is no Munktiki mug...you really outta beg them to show with a Hukilau mug, Tiki farm is great and God Bless them for sponsoring a great event like this, but Munktiki would add variety and excitement for us nutcase mug collectors. Just a thought I'm going either way!

View Profile of McDougall Send a personal message to McDougall  Email McDougall Goto the website of McDougall     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
senioraqua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-10 05:30 am   Permalink

On the links photo, sure looks like a young Randy "Cousin Eddie" Quaid on the right. He was in the Christmas Vacation 2: Cousin Eddie's Island Adventure movie.

View Profile of senioraqua Send a personal message to senioraqua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pomaika i
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-10 05:39 am   Permalink

My 3rd Hukilau too (well, 2.5...last year we had to flee but not before going to the Mai Kai for one fling because burning up I-95 back home!).

View Profile of Pomaika i Send a personal message to Pomaika i      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kanekila
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-10 06:54 am   Permalink

Hmmmm... I can't bring it up! I downloaded the newest version of FLASH, and I do get the first page with the poster, launch button, etc., but when I click "launch," I just get a screen of just the rattan background with nothing else. At the bottom of my screen, it says "Done."

Anyone know what's up with that? Do I HAVE to use Internet Explorer to view (I use Mozilla Firefox as my browser).

Mahalo!

View Profile of Kanekila Send a personal message to Kanekila  Email Kanekila Goto the website of Kanekila     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kanekila
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-10 07:10 am   Permalink

Man, I've tried everything. I closed my Zone Alarm firewall program -- nada. I redownloaded FLASH -- zippo. Tried using IE as my browser -- nope.

Does anyone have the URL for the site after you've launched it? Maybe if I plug it directly in, it might work?

I'm stumpified...

View Profile of Kanekila Send a personal message to Kanekila  Email Kanekila Goto the website of Kanekila     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-10 09:29 am   Permalink

Looks awesome. Kiliki has certainly done Hukilau proud this year. It should be a great weekend. Better than ever.

It's me that's the hold up. I am rewriting the back end stuff that handles the information on payments and hotel and contact and all and I am behind schedule getting it ready. Please be patient and the ticket and other payment section should be ready in a couple of weeks. You can go ahead and log in and update your info, including TC name, and make your hotel reservation with the group code you get when you log in.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-10 09:30 am   Permalink

What are the special Hukilau room rates for the respective hotels, btw? I know I'm not the most computer savvy, but can't seem to track them down without making an actual reservation!
Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-10 09:33 am   Permalink

Great website Kiliki!

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-10 10:41 am   Permalink

Just a few updates:

I'll work on the site with other browsers. That is an issue with Seth and our webmaster.

The hotel code is working now at the Bahia Mar.

The Hukilau

mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-05-10 12:08 pm   Permalink

aaargh!!!! Not the hated Flash Player! My computer cannot view ANY Flash stuff--it is either blocked by work security measures or a problem with my computer. If anyone knows how to fix this I would love it, otherwise I guess I am not going to Hukliau because I can't see the details!
The problem seems to be that I can't download the program-a major issue for not being able to use the program.
The "gold bar" never appears when I try to download, so I am stuck. Their help page didn;t help me, my "Active-X" controls , etc are or Enable or prompt.

HELP!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-10 12:26 pm   Permalink

Smiley, you are runnign into maybe ht eol' WinXP sceerity thingy. Don't know if this is the case, but you'll see ye olde bar at the top that is blocking the instll. Click it and you should get a prompt about the install being okay. And it should then reload the page and THEN it will install. It takes a couple of times. Watch for ye olde WinXP bar at the top and click and hope. Eventually, it out to load the Active X thing and you will go forward.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation