FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Hukilau 2005 goes live!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Hukilau 2005 goes live!
tikigreg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-10 12:45 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-05-10 07:10, Kanekila wrote:
Man, I've tried everything. I closed my Zone Alarm firewall program -- nada. I redownloaded FLASH -- zippo. Tried using IE as my browser -- nope.

Does anyone have the URL for the site after you've launched it? Maybe if I plug it directly in, it might work?

I'm stumpified...

It won't work on my machine with Firefox at work either. OK with IE though.

When life hands you limes... make Mai Tais!

[ This Message was edited by: tikigreg on 2005-05-10 17:29 ]

View Profile of tikigreg Send a personal message to tikigreg      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-05-10 12:52 pm   Permalink

mrsmiley -

ActiveX is a security risk so I'm not surprised if it's blocked by your firewall at work.

If your lucky it may be just the software in Windows XP that's blocking it. Try this: In Internet Explorer go to the Tools Menu, then Internet Options, click on the Security tab, click on Trusted Sites, click on Default Level once, and click on the Sites button. Type
www.thehukilau.com in the box, click Add, and uncheck "Require server verification ..." if it is checked. Click "OK" and "OK". If you are unable to do any of this you're user permissions don't allow it, so there's not much you can do.

The web site is amazing!! I wish you could see it.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab

Posted: 2005-05-10 12:54 pm   Permalink

It's working fine with Firefox on my machine at work. Probably because I am the IT person.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-10 1:01 pm   Permalink

Works on my machine with Firefox as well, if only I had a sound card!

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Gilligan
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-05-10 3:07 pm   Permalink

thanks for the feedback on the website!
i apologize for the various issues everyone's having. i'm always hesitant to go crazy with the "bells and whistles" on a site when i know there's such a broad audience that'll be logging on. there's always gonna be those that get excluded by bandwidth, plug-ins, firewalls, browser issues, etc. but i wanted to give the hukilau ohana the best on-line experience possible. i was really inspired by all those old mai kai postcards and ads that sabu kept sending over i couldn't contain myself!again, sorry to those that feel excluded, i hope you'll all be able to get on eventually! let me know if there's anything i can do to help!
seth

View Profile of Gilligan Send a personal message to Gilligan  Email Gilligan Goto the website of Gilligan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley

Posted: 2005-05-10 3:40 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-05-10 12:52, thejab wrote:
mrsmiley -

ActiveX is a security risk so I'm not surprised if it's blocked by your firewall at work.

If your lucky it may be just the software in Windows XP that's blocking it. Try this: In Internet Explorer go to the Tools Menu, then Internet Options, click on the Security tab, click on Trusted Sites, click on Default Level once, and click on the Sites button. Type http://www.thehukilau.com in the box, click Add, and uncheck "Require server verification ..." if it is checked. Click "OK" and "OK". If you are unable to do any of this you're user permissions don't allow it, so there's not much you can do.
I can check/uncheck Ative-x and I was able to do what you said. I restarted the computer and still the same. it doesn't work, nor does that gold bar I posted an example of appear. Argh!

Swanky, My tool bar doesn't change at all--I don't seee the Windows Xp bar you talk about, I just have my normal tool bar.

The web site is amazing!! I wish you could see it.

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley

Posted: 2005-05-10 5:34 pm   Permalink

ZAZZZ!!!!
I went to the Macromedia FAQ page (again) to troubleshoot. Installed some Microsoft Updates (which probably didn't help) and as a lark I "uninstalled" Macromedia Flash 6. I then restarted my computer (for the fourth time today). Installed Flash and.....IT WORKS!!!!! Yay! Now I can go to Hukilau!

Plus a problem I was having with ordering Mazda parts (not a Flash item) WORKS again!!! Double ZAZZ!!

[ This Message was edited by: mrsmiley on 2005-05-10 17:38 ]

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
beachin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-10 8:57 pm   Permalink

Wow...the website is beautiful, but a lot of work to trudge through if you're vending. Just fyi...not really complaining, but if someone isn't computer savvy, they won't get through the obstacle course.

View Profile of beachin Send a personal message to beachin  Email beachin Goto the website of beachin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-10 9:10 pm   Permalink

Kimberly,

Just got your PM - Holden Westland of Tiki Farm has just taken over as my Vendor Coordinator and will be contacting everyone shortly.

Please email me at
tiki_kiliki@thehukilau.com and cc Holden at holden@thehukilau.com to let us know of your concerns - we want to hear from you!

The Hukilau

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
beachin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-11 08:09 am   Permalink

Will do...sounds great! Thanks for the quick response! I'm sure you guys are completely overwhelmed about now!

View Profile of beachin Send a personal message to beachin  Email beachin Goto the website of beachin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-11 12:08 pm   Permalink

I love the website. I really want to make it this year...

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley

Posted: 2005-05-11 12:21 pm   Permalink

Airfare from $5O from New York--must book by end of May 11 Only!!!
http://dir.travelzoo.com/Air.asp?intCategory=11&id=189396
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-11 1:34 pm   Permalink

I'm going!! This will be my first ever tiki event.

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike  Email Kenike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-11 2:08 pm   Permalink

Woo-HOO Juno!
More Tex-Ass kinfolk coming to Hukilau! With Kilikopela and his brand new legally married wahine Brittanie (last Saturday!!) moving to Korea for a coupla years, we'll need to repopulate the Lone Star State's ranks at tiki festivals!

(How sad that I'm not gonna meet a fellow Texas tiki lover til we both get to Florida!! But better late than never!)

Yer kissin' cuzzin,
Formica Jo Lou

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PapeToaTane
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-11 2:29 pm   Permalink

What a great website!!!!!!

View Profile of PapeToaTane Send a personal message to PapeToaTane  Email PapeToaTane Goto the website of PapeToaTane     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation