FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT


advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Hukilau 2005 goes live!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Hukilau 2005 goes live!
cyntiki
Tiki Socialite

Joined: Apr 28, 2005
Posts: 120
From: Yorba-Tiki-Linda
Posted: 2005-05-11 3:56 pm   Permalink

Tell me in your humble opinions, which of the hotels is Cooler or are they equally cool? Like the pool, etc. I have a reservation at the Bahia, but just wanted to check with people who have been to both!

 
View Profile of cyntiki Send a personal message to cyntiki  Email cyntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Joined: Aug 22, 2002
Posts: 1502
From: Houston, Texotica
Posted: 2005-05-11 4:06 pm   Permalink

I was totally happy in the cheaper one last year (the Cabana) and I spent a total of, oh, 6 hours? in my room, so WHO CARES where ya stay! You'll be bouncing around from party to party anyway!
_________________
"Zazz captivates felt."


 
View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Joined: Jul 24, 2003
Posts: 1205
From: McKinney, TX
Posted: 2005-05-11 7:52 pm   Permalink

Quote:
How sad that I'm not gonna meet a fellow Texas tiki lover til we both get to Florida!! But better late than never!



Looking forward to meeting you and all the other TC folks I've only talked to through email. Can't wait!!


 
View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike  Email Kenike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Joined: Apr 01, 2002
Posts: 1001
From: Hamtown USA
Posted: 2005-05-27 09:23 am   Permalink

You can now purchase your Hukilau Weekend Pass through the website!

Just register on the site if you haven't yet done so by clicking on Reservations then New Attendees, or log in if you are a Returning Guest and have filled out the Hukilau Information Form. Once you have logged into the system you will find a link at the bottom of the page to purchase your passes!

If there's any questions you can always email Tiki Kiliki at
tiki_kiliki@thehukilau.com

_________________
Yee-Haw & Aloha,


The Hukilau


 View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Joined: Oct 21, 2002
Posts: 3382
From: Milwaukee, WI
Posted: 2005-05-27 10:37 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-05-11 15:56, cyntiki wrote:
Tell me in your humble opinions, which of the hotels is Cooler or are they equally cool? Like the pool, etc. I have a reservation at the Bahia, but just wanted to check with people who have been to both!



Attending my first last year I have to say the Bahia is the cooler of the two. The outdoor tropical bar is killer as is the pool and hot tubs. The grounds are lush with coconut palms and other plants. The rooms are fine... no frills except for the mini fridge but as was said... you're not going to spend a whole lotta time in there!


 
View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Joined: Mar 25, 2002
Posts: 2986
From: Tradewinds Apartments, Alameda, CA
Posted: 2005-05-27 11:40 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-05-27 10:37, Lake Surfer wrote:
Quote:

On 2005-05-11 15:56, cyntiki wrote:
Tell me in your humble opinions, which of the hotels is Cooler or are they equally cool? Like the pool, etc. I have a reservation at the Bahia, but just wanted to check with people who have been to both!



Attending my first last year I have to say the Bahia is the cooler of the two. The outdoor tropical bar is killer as is the pool and hot tubs. The grounds are lush with coconut palms and other plants. The rooms are fine... no frills except for the mini fridge but as was said... you're not going to spend a whole lotta time in there!



I'm confused. They're both named Bahia. Did you prefer the Bahia Mar or Bahia Cabana?


 
View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Joined: Apr 01, 2002
Posts: 1001
From: Hamtown USA
Posted: 2005-05-27 11:52 am   Permalink

Jab - he's speaking of the Bahia Cabana. It's just beside the Bahia Mar, separated by the Marina. It's a loud hotel though - fun, but get ready to be up all night.

The Bahia Mar is the host hotel and where everything happens.
_________________
Yee-Haw & Aloha,


The Hukilau

 View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Joined: Mar 25, 2002
Posts: 2986
From: Tradewinds Apartments, Alameda, CA
Posted: 2005-05-27 12:05 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-05-27 11:52, tiki_kiliki wrote:
Jab - he's speaking of the Bahia Cabana. It's just beside the Bahia Mar, separated by the Marina. It's a loud hotel though - fun, but get ready to be up all night.

The Bahia Mar is the host hotel and where everything happens.




Thanks kiliki.

Oh, I'll be up all night! So why do I need a room at all? I just need a cheap room to shower and change my clothes.


 
View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Joined: Jul 23, 2002
Posts: 1602
From: Columbus, Ohio
Posted: 2005-05-27 1:47 pm   Permalink

Clothes? Who needs clothes? This year we are "Going Native"!!!

 
View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Joined: Mar 25, 2002
Posts: 2986
From: Tradewinds Apartments, Alameda, CA
Posted: 2005-05-27 2:06 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-05-27 13:47, Jeff Central wrote:
Clothes? Who needs clothes? This year we are "Going Native"!!!



NO! Please, no more men taking off their shirts and walking around wearing just their tidy whities!

Are we not gentlemen?

Unless the girls are going to reciprocate.


 
View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
senioraqua
Tiki Socialite

Joined: Jul 11, 2004
Posts: 404
From: Tampa, FL
Posted: 2005-05-27 2:13 pm   Permalink

Did somebody say "Going Native!"?
http://www.paradiselakes.com/newsletter/5-16-05/plakes/5-16-05plakes.htm
Somebody is using the good Hukilau name.


 View Profile of senioraqua Send a personal message to senioraqua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Joined: Oct 21, 2002
Posts: 3382
From: Milwaukee, WI
Posted: 2005-05-28 08:50 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-05-27 11:40, thejab wrote:
Quote:

On 2005-05-27 10:37, Lake Surfer wrote:
Quote:

On 2005-05-11 15:56, cyntiki wrote:
Tell me in your humble opinions, which of the hotels is Cooler or are they equally cool? Like the pool, etc. I have a reservation at the Bahia, but just wanted to check with people who have been to both!



Attending my first last year I have to say the Bahia is the cooler of the two. The outdoor tropical bar is killer as is the pool and hot tubs. The grounds are lush with coconut palms and other plants. The rooms are fine... no frills except for the mini fridge but as was said... you're not going to spend a whole lotta time in there!



I'm confused. They're both named Bahia. Did you prefer the Bahia Mar or Bahia Cabana?



Sorry.... I ment the Bahia Cabana... forgot they both had "Bahia" in the name!


 
View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:
  
v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation