FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Hukilau 2005 goes live!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Hukilau 2005 goes live!
cyntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-11 3:56 pm   Permalink

Tell me in your humble opinions, which of the hotels is Cooler or are they equally cool? Like the pool, etc. I have a reservation at the Bahia, but just wanted to check with people who have been to both!

View Profile of cyntiki Send a personal message to cyntiki  Email cyntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-11 4:06 pm   Permalink

I was totally happy in the cheaper one last year (the Cabana) and I spent a total of, oh, 6 hours? in my room, so WHO CARES where ya stay! You'll be bouncing around from party to party anyway!

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-11 7:52 pm   Permalink

Quote:
How sad that I'm not gonna meet a fellow Texas tiki lover til we both get to Florida!! But better late than never!

Looking forward to meeting you and all the other TC folks I've only talked to through email. Can't wait!!

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike  Email Kenike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-27 09:23 am   Permalink

You can now purchase your Hukilau Weekend Pass through the website!

Just register on the site if you haven't yet done so by clicking on Reservations then New Attendees, or log in if you are a Returning Guest and have filled out the Hukilau Information Form. Once you have logged into the system you will find a link at the bottom of the page to purchase your passes!

If there's any questions you can always email Tiki Kiliki at
tiki_kiliki@thehukilau.com

The Hukilau

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-27 10:37 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-05-11 15:56, cyntiki wrote:
Tell me in your humble opinions, which of the hotels is Cooler or are they equally cool? Like the pool, etc. I have a reservation at the Bahia, but just wanted to check with people who have been to both!

Attending my first last year I have to say the Bahia is the cooler of the two. The outdoor tropical bar is killer as is the pool and hot tubs. The grounds are lush with coconut palms and other plants. The rooms are fine... no frills except for the mini fridge but as was said... you're not going to spend a whole lotta time in there!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-05-27 11:40 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-05-27 10:37, Lake Surfer wrote:
Quote:

Attending my first last year I have to say the Bahia is the cooler of the two. The outdoor tropical bar is killer as is the pool and hot tubs. The grounds are lush with coconut palms and other plants. The rooms are fine... no frills except for the mini fridge but as was said... you're not going to spend a whole lotta time in there!

I'm confused. They're both named Bahia. Did you prefer the Bahia Mar or Bahia Cabana?

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-27 11:52 am   Permalink

Jab - he's speaking of the Bahia Cabana. It's just beside the Bahia Mar, separated by the Marina. It's a loud hotel though - fun, but get ready to be up all night.

The Bahia Mar is the host hotel and where everything happens.

The Hukilau

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab

Posted: 2005-05-27 12:05 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-05-27 11:52, tiki_kiliki wrote:
Jab - he's speaking of the Bahia Cabana. It's just beside the Bahia Mar, separated by the Marina. It's a loud hotel though - fun, but get ready to be up all night.

The Bahia Mar is the host hotel and where everything happens.

Thanks kiliki.

Oh, I'll be up all night! So why do I need a room at all? I just need a cheap room to shower and change my clothes.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-27 1:47 pm   Permalink

Clothes? Who needs clothes? This year we are "Going Native"!!!

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab

Posted: 2005-05-27 2:06 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-05-27 13:47, Jeff Central wrote:
Clothes? Who needs clothes? This year we are "Going Native"!!!

NO! Please, no more men taking off their shirts and walking around wearing just their tidy whities!

Are we not gentlemen?

Unless the girls are going to reciprocate.

senioraqua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-27 2:13 pm   Permalink

Did somebody say "Going Native!"?
http://www.paradiselakes.com/newsletter/5-16-05/plakes/5-16-05plakes.htm
Somebody is using the good Hukilau name.

View Profile of senioraqua Send a personal message to senioraqua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-28 08:50 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-05-27 11:40, thejab wrote:
Quote:

On 2005-05-27 10:37, Lake Surfer wrote:
Quote:

I'm confused. They're both named Bahia. Did you prefer the Bahia Mar or Bahia Cabana?

Sorry.... I ment the Bahia Cabana... forgot they both had "Bahia" in the name!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation