FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving tiki5-0's newest tikis....and light cover
tiki5-0's newest tikis....and light cover
tiki5-0
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-10 09:09 am   Permalink

well, i've finally been working on a few tikis. i had to get some done for friends birthdays.....they all seem to want one, so here they are.

i also made a light cover for our hallway light. what was there was plain, boring, ugly and bothered us, so i gave a try at making a cover for it and was happy with the result. i'm going to try to make a hanging light soon. here it is.

thanks for looking!!

View Profile of tiki5-0 Send a personal message to tiki5-0  Email tiki5-0 Goto the website of tiki5-0     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-10 09:32 am   Permalink

I like that light sconce, simple & classic. Did you use Al's ModPodge method? I'm going to have to try doing the same with the ugly wall sconces in my apartment.

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki5-0
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-10 09:36 am   Permalink

yeah, i thought that's what he did, so i gave it a try. i made the frame, stapled the fabric on and used the modpodge. it was easy to do and makes a lot of difference in the hallway.

View Profile of tiki5-0 Send a personal message to tiki5-0  Email tiki5-0 Goto the website of tiki5-0     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-10 5:00 pm   Permalink

They all look great, 5-0. Nice tongue action on those tikis.

A-A

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thanatos
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-10 6:18 pm   Permalink

great looking tikis.... How tall do they average?

View Profile of Thanatos Send a personal message to Thanatos  Email Thanatos     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-10 6:59 pm   Permalink

Tikis are pretty cool. Pics are a little on the dark side though - hard to make out the detail in 'em.

Love the lamp

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki5-0
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-11 10:46 am   Permalink

thanks everyone!! Thanatos-the tikis are either 6" or 8". i used 1 3/4" dowels and cut them into 6" & 8" lengths.

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation