FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Ľ Ľ Creating Tiki Ľ Ľ Other Crafts Ľ Ľ Hewey's stuff - new stuff 4 Oct page 18
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )
Hewey's stuff - new stuff 4 Oct page 18
Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-25 11:57 pm   Permalink

Hewey,
Ditto what everyone else said. I'm sure you already know you have a great concept and design but it can't hurt to hear it one more time..

Hey Hewey, You have a great concept and design!
ST

View Profile of Sneakytiki Send a personal message to Sneakytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-26 03:26 am   Permalink

Thanks again folks. I had the idea long ago (the 4 tikis from the corners of the South Pacific), but thought it would make a nice pendant set or something with the 4 tikis together. From there it was a natural progression to a 4 legged bowl, and the waves and sea creatures just made sense. Now I just sit and wait for 2-3 weeks

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-26 05:16 am   Permalink

Awesome Hewey! Good luck and keep us posted.

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-02-26 09:18 am   Permalink

Nice concept Hewey. GROG like.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-26 09:25 am   Permalink

Hey Hewey!
Are you gonna submit that bowl to the TikiFarm drinkware contest? You should!
It Rocketh yon House!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-09 7:50 pm   Permalink

Thanks for all of your feedback and support

Well the Keepers bowl didnít make the cut for the Tiki Farm comp. But from what what Holden tells me I was VERY closeÖ The bowl will live in one form or another eventually. Needless to say, Iíll let people know when something happens.

But man, I havenít cracked out any tiki art stuff for a whileÖ

I just scored this decanter off ebay for $12, picking it up tonight Iíve been inspired by the DVA decanters and will be painting it up, but not sure what Iíll be doing. I think I might fill it up with rum, and by the time I finish it, I should have some good ideas

[ This Message was edited by: hewey 2007-05-09 19:52 ]

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-09 8:46 pm   Permalink

Nice!
Whaddya gonna do with that decanter Hewey?
It has been awhile since you had some time to kick
out some art! So start kickin some out,man!
Your idea of filling it with rum and then drinking it
should help you on your quest!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-07 02:24 am   Permalink

Ooooh, an extremely poor picture of a canvas painted bright green, what's it all mean? It means that the paintbrushes have been dusted off and fired up Hope to have this finished by the start of next week, but still throwing ideas around as to what I am doing with it. No it doesn't glow in the dark, the light just bounced off it in the pic.

The decanter was picked up, it's in great condition. Needs a new cork before I do anything else, for now it's just sitting on the shelf looking cool. Might wait a bit till I can paint better before I go defacing it

:edit: Well, the painting has taken a decidely non-tiki angle now, so I'll just post a pic when Im done. And after that, its time for a nautical tiki

There is "good" bad taste, and there is "bad" bad taste, and the difference of the two is in the eye of the beholder - Sven Kirsten

[ This Message was edited by: hewey 2007-08-07 06:47 ]

harro
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-07 7:17 pm   Permalink

looks great so far Hewey

View Profile of harro Send a personal message to harro  Email harro     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-11 06:45 am   Permalink

With this done, I can work on my nautical tiki

There is "good" bad taste, and there is "bad" bad taste, and the difference of the two is in the eye of the beholder - Sven Kirsten

[ This Message was edited by: hewey 2007-08-11 07:27 ]

hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-03 4:54 pm   Permalink

This is a new painting Iíve just finished, ĎThe Tangaroan Coupleí. Painted for the nautical tiki swap (tangí is of course the god of the ocean, and I gave him a lady friend). Painted with one shot pinstriping paint on stretched canvas. The picture is pretty poor, but thatís what happens when youíre taking pics at 1am under a fleuro light. Iíll try and get some better pics in better light, when the camera has batteries.

little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-04 08:13 am   Permalink

Black/Blue/White-love those colors together!
Glad you're finally busting out some more art recently!
the secret is to do a lil' bit everyday! That way you get in the art mode more and more!
Rock on Hewey!

hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-04 4:51 pm   Permalink

Thanks mate. I like the colours too, but next time I might mix up some very light blue and darker blue for highlights/shadows instead of the white and black, for a more monochromatic look. I like the look/style, and Iíve got a few ideas I reckon might work okay with it.

Itís starting to warm up a little down here, so now I can go outside and not freeze my ass off painting or carving outside at night after work (I donít have somewhere I can paint inside, so I do everything under the awning out the back.) The priority is getting my wagon going, and then getting my big tiki carving completed for my brothers wedding present. Nothing like a tight deadline for motivation!

Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-04 6:26 pm   Permalink

Lookin' good hewey. I like the gestural chalk/pastel feel you've got - I wouldn't have picked it for paint. The limited palette on the black BG works really well.

View Profile of Paipo Send a personal message to Paipo  Goto the website of Paipo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-04 7:47 pm   Permalink

Looking cool, hewey. It's great to see a little 1-Shot too!

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation