FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Hewey's stuff - new stuff 4 Oct page 18
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 )
Hewey's stuff - new stuff 4 Oct page 18
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-25 08:20 am   Permalink

YAY!
Hewey,that new one is pretty cool!
Nice lighting and a cool face on that bloke!
Bet the girly was stoked!
Hopefully you'll take a stab at a few more..
a series of these would be RAD!

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook too! under my real name Ken Ruzic
Yeeeeeeeah!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-25 6:06 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the feedback guys. Flynny, awesome to hear the Tangaroan couple being enjoyed

Ive also been playing with my photography, had a go at some tiki theme pin up pictures
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=31451&forum=1&3

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Robb Hamel
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-03 05:44 am   Permalink

I like the Tangaroan couple, especially the style of brushwork - I think you got just the right results. Knock 'em dead with your new one, hewey!

www.robbhamel.com

View Profile of Robb Hamel Send a personal message to Robb Hamel  Goto the website of Robb Hamel     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-05 02:27 am   Permalink

Thanks Robb!

Here's my latest painting, just kinda evolved from a random skull I had no idea what to do with I'll be offering it for sale, no idea how much yet, but the money will go towards the Oz-E-Rodders charity fund (my car club's fund which we'll donate to a charity).

"Welcome to hell. May I take your bags sir?" Acrylic on canvas

I got up to this stage and it sat for a while, while I mulled it over :shock:

[ This Message was edited by: hewey 2009-03-05 02:36 ]

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-07 8:05 pm   Permalink

The bellboy painting sold same day I posted it on the hot rod forums, a nice donation is being made to charity to pay for it

Latest painting, "Deuce roadster at sunset", again acrylic on canvas:

For sale if any of you guys into rods like

Working on another tiki painting too, got the background done, pics to come

Robb Hamel
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-08 1:55 pm   Permalink

Congrats on the sales!

View Profile of Robb Hamel Send a personal message to Robb Hamel  Goto the website of Robb Hamel     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-12 5:13 pm   Permalink

Thanks Rob! It was only the one sale on the zombie, and the $$$ went to charity. Still have to sell one for meeeee!

Here's a tiki painting in progress:

hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-04 12:30 am   Permalink

*hewey blows cobwebs off this thread* *hewey coughs from the dust*

This was my piece for the PNG tiki art swap. The grass skirt is a genuine PNG grass skirt my nan brought back when she served in the RAAF when she was young. The carving was picked up at a thrift store. Took some photos and got em printed and this is the result

The project I have been working on this weekend is this hot rod decoupage. Sure its not tiki related, but the same process would work just as well for tiki art!

Laid out ready to start. The B&W pics came from an old 90s street rodder mag, the big colour pic is one of mine that I got printed at the local office supplies place.

Acrylic glue from the craft store - dries clear

Started adding pics

Using a foam brush, give the base a coat of glue

Align the picture

Go back over it with more glue

Thats it for the background. The centre image will cover the rest.

After it the glue had dried I 'dry brushed' it with some brown/red acrylic which is a very similar hue to red primer - perfect!

Some detail shots to get an idea of how it looks. Its kinda rough, but it'll help tone back the background, and helps with that vintage kinda vibe.

And then once the paint was dried I added the last picture, and gave the whole shebang another coat of glue.

Now I just gotta bury the whole thing in clear Also today I picked up a canvas so I can start my new art swap piece

hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-13 4:51 pm   Permalink

Shrunken head Elvis

[ This Message was edited by: hewey 2010-03-13 17:00 ]

Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-13 4:59 pm   Permalink

Hi Hewey glad to see you around again with a lot of cool stuff on the works! cheers

View Profile of Clarita Send a personal message to Clarita  Goto the website of Clarita     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-03-24 09:00 am   Permalink

Hey Clarita took the best word for your work, COOL! The skirt backdrop and black and white cars are perfect. Looks really terrific. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation