FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki What I've learned from Tiki Central
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
What I've learned from Tiki Central
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-11 4:55 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-05-11 12:29, Unga Bunga wrote:
Quote:

On 2005-05-11 11:35, cynfulcynner wrote:
I've been hoping to get some dates via Tiki Central......still working on that one.

Yeah, those are probably the only dates I will get around here.

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PiPhiRho
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-05-11 5:27 pm   Permalink

TC seems to mostly be a couples thing. Not that many single folk here, and those that are single are scattered hither and yon. It was hard enough dating someone who lived in Oxnard. Dating someone in San Francisco, Seattle or further I just don't see.

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-11 6:23 pm   Permalink

The one good thing about being a tiki lover
in the midwest...maybe the only thing...is
that I've had a chance to mingle with the
likes of Finkdaddy and Rebecca...LakeSurfer...tikibars...Exotica 59..and EsQui and Lissette...even the
now-departed TikiToa...and let me tell you
that Finkdaddy is the real deal...good to
know you!

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-11 8:50 pm   Permalink

Hey Finkdaddy, I'm honoured to know you count me as one of your mates. Its good to have you on here (even though you been on here longer than me...)

I have learnt that TC leads to a decrease in my efficiency in undertaking internet research for my studies. If I fail I will hold the administrators liable and sue their asses off. Well, maybe not. But I wont be happy!

I have also learnt that the general community does not have any idea about tiki, and in no way should be confused with TC folk. "What do you mean by a tiki bar?"

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mig
Official Man-About-Town  

Posted: 2005-05-11 9:04 pm   Permalink

I made a friend on Yahoo Tikicentral in the year 2000. (She never made the migration to Tikicentral.com.) All of a sudden, 5 years later, she and I are together. Very unexpectedly. But together. Does that count?

It happens when you least expect it.

-mig

View Profile of mig Send a personal message to mig  Email mig Goto the website of mig     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikilicious
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-12 05:49 am   Permalink

How neat is that! Happy anniversary sweetie!

~L

View Profile of Tikilicious Send a personal message to Tikilicious  Email Tikilicious Goto the website of Tikilicious     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
beachin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-12 09:11 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-05-11 12:35, Monkeyman wrote:
You will spend at least part of EVERY day doing something related to TC. Buying raw materials to make tiki stuff, Actually making Tiki Stuff, Attending Events, Home Parties, Meeting people for lunch, entertaining out of town TC guests, Tiki Road Trips, Tiki Vacations, Buying Stuff from your artisian friends, selling stuff, showing up to support your musician friends.

Agreed. It's taking over. I really have fallen in love with you guys and the spirit you invoke. (or spirits)

Congrats, finkdaddy..may there be many more.

View Profile of beachin Send a personal message to beachin  Email beachin Goto the website of beachin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-12 10:47 am   Permalink

Thank you everybody for the kind words, that's why I love it here. You're right, it's all about the ohana.

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-12 4:08 pm   Permalink

Happy anniversery Finky,
we are so glad you happened upon TC and blessed us with your Aloha spirited ways.
Looks like you found what most of the rest of us have found,,each other. It's fun to watch a newbie come on board and grow the way you have. Some people come and never get it, but most, like yourself grow, learn, share and love being here,
Happy,Happy,Happy,Happy

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-12 7:22 pm   Permalink

Tiki Central retirement center!
cool.
I'm there.

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-12 7:56 pm   Permalink

I've learned:
> that I can make new friends who happen to be hundreds of miles away but may never get to meet them in person.
> that I was wrong about my fear of joining a "chat" site.
> that I have more creative talent than I ever thought.
> that I look good in a "Hawaiian" shirt.
> that my wife was SOOOOO right about buying that old rotting wooden idol thingy that I drove so far in the rain to look at!! (I love you Mrs. 8 FT.
> that Hanford Lemoore is a very cool dude whose vision has made a real difference in many of our lives. THANKS MAN!
> that I probably really belong in So. Cal
but the roots are deep in this Missouri clay.
> most of all I have learned what tiki is to me and I hope all of you have discovered that as well.

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-13 09:23 am   Permalink

[quote]
On 2005-05-11 13:31, dangergirl299 wrote:
Quote:

if you hear any of the following at a tiki central event, most likely it is a lie:

*Im not a Jimmy Buffet fan

Aieeeeee! Noooo!!! Then again, that might just be your dirty little secret......

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benehune
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-14 10:16 pm   Permalink

TC is a big family. It has lots of great, fun, loving people, but it also has a few relatives no one talks about. I am discovering from TC that I am a little of both.

[ This Message was edited by: Benehune on 2005-06-17 21:51 ]

View Profile of Benehune Send a personal message to Benehune      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-16 9:35 pm   Permalink

Everything Finkdaddy said, and more.

Yeah, TC Ohana is the best!

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-06 09:42 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-05-12 05:49, Tikilicious wrote:
How neat is that! Happy anniversary sweetie!

~L

she called me sweetie!

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation