[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki What I've learned from Tiki Central
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
What I've learned from Tiki Central
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-06 10:15 am   Permalink

The best thing about TC is you don't have to explain your weird tiki obsession to everyone you meet.

"Well you see, remember those old polynesian bars, and uh, well you drank these drinks in these mugs that.... ahh f*ck it."

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
alohabros
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-06 4:18 pm   Permalink

everyone here is just plain great!

View Profile of alohabros Send a personal message to alohabros      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-06 4:25 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-06-06 10:15, tikifish wrote:
The best thing about TC is you don't have to explain your weird tiki obsession to everyone you meet.

"Well you see, remember those old polynesian bars, and uh, well you drank these drinks in these mugs that.... ahh f*ck it."

Exactly! I actually go out of my way to not bring it up to people I meet and I never wear aloha shirts to work because 99.9% of people think those shirts mean "party animal" or "Jimmy Buffet fan" (or both!). Tiki will never be a huge commodity so I no longer feel the urge to evangelize.

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Maori_man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-06 9:45 pm   Permalink

Happy Anniversary Finky!

The one true most important thing I have learned on TC? Check your spelling & grammer or suffer the wrath of Tiki Bong!!

Oh so sorry - you are correct. But he does kind of sulk around here like a Wraith, pouncing on your young nubile throat when you least expect him..........

[ This Message was edited by: Maori_man on 2005-06-06 21:46 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Maori_man on 2005-06-06 22:58 ]

View Profile of Maori_man Send a personal message to Maori_man  Goto the website of Maori_man     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZebraTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-06 10:24 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-06-06 21:45, Maori_man wrote:

Check your spelling & grammer or suffer the wraith of Tiki Bong!!

Grammar! (meant unwraithfully...)

I've learned to keep the giant, unabridged dictionary at hand, unless I'm trying to incur the wrath of Tiki Bong.

View Profile of ZebraTiki Send a personal message to ZebraTiki  Email ZebraTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-08 2:47 pm   Permalink

Happy anniversary, finkdaddy! It's great to know ya too (thanks, TC).

www.samgambino.com

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
procinema29
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-08 3:28 pm   Permalink

This is the only place where I feel normal about this kind of thing. Most people don't get it...

View Profile of procinema29 Send a personal message to procinema29      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-08 11:31 pm   Permalink

Maybe it should change from TC to Tiki Nuts Annonymous?

No one else understands, which is kinda why I like it! But it does suck having to explain it to everyone.

Harley riders have a saying "If you have to ask why, you won't understand". (I paraphrased cause I can't remember the exact words)

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Palama Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-09 7:51 pm   Permalink

Finky... happy anniversary! you've progressed incredibly over the past year!

Hewey, i know what you mean. I had my latest tiki in my office for a fellow employee to pick up, and another manager walked by and asked what that was. I told her it was a tiki, and she says, "What's a tiki?" i had to explain the whole concept to her and she just didn't get it. i mean, she never even heard of the word tiki!

View Profile of Palama Tiki Send a personal message to Palama Tiki  Email Palama Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-12 2:20 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-06-06 10:15, tikifish wrote:

Yeah, but now I have to explain why I am drinking beer in a Tiki bar to all y'all
Seriously though, I haven't met so many funny and interesting people anywhere else, well except maybe in detention while in jr high.

Chongolio

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
procinema29
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-13 06:55 am   Permalink

Does Barry Manilow KNOW that you raid his wardrobe?

View Profile of procinema29 Send a personal message to procinema29      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Maori_man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-13 10:01 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-06-13 06:55, procinema29 wrote:
Does Barry Manilow KNOW that you raid his wardrobe?

No more yanky my wanky - Donger need food!

View Profile of Maori_man Send a personal message to Maori_man  Goto the website of Maori_man     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiLiciousness

Posted: 2005-06-21 12:24 pm   Permalink

hey, its good that you can learn all this great stuff from a bunch of poeple youve never met! wow... anywho...i guess the internet IS good for you...

View Profile of TikiLiciousness Send a personal message to TikiLiciousness  Goto the website of TikiLiciousness     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tabu The Wonder Seal
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-06-21 1:21 pm   Permalink

ARK! ARK! ARK! (ark)

View Profile of Tabu The Wonder Seal Send a personal message to Tabu The Wonder Seal      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation