FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events 2nd Semi-Annual Carving Seminar, May 28th-Oceanside
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
2nd Semi-Annual Carving Seminar, May 28th-Oceanside
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2005-05-30 10:03 am   Permalink

Man, I had to wait until today to post anything because of a massive-stroke like headache all day Sunday.

What a fantistic time! I'd like to thank Al & Shelly for, as usual, putting on one of the greatest casual gatherings known to TC.

(It was also nice to find out Hanford really didn't want me dead...)

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OnaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-30 10:18 am   Permalink

Thanks Al & Shelly. This was a great warm up for ITD!!

Thanks also to all the carvers!! What can be said that already hasn't been said?

Can't wait for the next gathering to see everybody again.

Monkey Pod!!! Yum!!!

Aloha!!

View Profile of OnaTiki Send a personal message to OnaTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikimecula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-30 10:38 am   Permalink

WOW, What a great time! Big Thanks to the Host's. Here is a link to more pics.

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/share/view?i=EeAM3LRu1bsmzh4&open=1&sm=1&sl=0

View Profile of tikimecula Send a personal message to tikimecula  Email tikimecula Goto the website of tikimecula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-30 1:11 pm   Permalink

We had a great time. Mahalo to Al & Shelley for your generous hospitality. The Lagoon Room is a amazing work of art in and of itself. Thanks Bosko, Tiki Diablo, Polynesian Pop and the other carvers for sharing your craftsmanship and technique with us. Great BBQ, grinds and drinks (delicious Monkeypods MM). Nice meeting Sabina & Oaktiki (our latest member) and getting together with the TC ohana.
Okole Maluna,
Terry & Sally

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cyntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-30 4:02 pm   Permalink

Thanks to our hosts Al & Shelly for welcoming us into your home. This was our first TC gathering we have attended other than Oasis and we felt right at home. The Lagoon Room was a sight to behold and we really enjoyed the carving and TC folks!

The Lapu Lapus were delicious as was the new taste sensation the Moneky Pod. I loved seeing Monkey Man smack the mint!

Some pics from our experience.....

OUR GRACIOUS HOSTS!

Smokin Cocktails!

How many was that Monkeyman?

Calling it a Day!

Tiki in Progress!

ShipwreckJoey & Sally

It was great for Greg and I to finally put some faces with names! Thanks again to All!

View Profile of cyntiki Send a personal message to cyntiki  Email cyntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Alnshely
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-30 4:47 pm   Permalink

Aloha,
I want to thank everyone for helping make this one terrific day, you guys are the best. First, thanks to Poly Pop for suggesting this event, great idea Adrian. Special thanks to Bosko, Danny and Monkey man for sharing your dark carving secrets, you made the day and everyone loved your demos, great job guys. Thanks for all the gifts I received, Rum, Carvings, CDs, plants, clothing, ceramics and I got to keep the Tiki, thank you all. Thanks to everybody for bringing all the food, it was quite a spread and I appreciate it. (My favorite was ModManna's Pie, Moki's Poki, FredieFreelance's Carrot Cake and Sabu's Asada, good stuff). Thank you all for coming, Shelley and I enjoyed every bit of it, we can't wait for next year.
Mahalo,
Al

Gecko's excellent Velvets. Talk to Poly pop if you want one. They're very cool.

Hanfordhumamodmana

Cyntiki and Greg

Monkeyman made his tasty drink the Monkey Pod all night, very tasty tamarind tropical goodness. Thanks for all your help Derek

Bong!!!!!!

Mean Gene

LAURATONGA!!!!!

Modmana and Mary Anne

Danny Gallardo "The Man"

Randy and Naomi, Naomis due in August, My best wishes to you two (three).

Robin and Johny, thanks for the shell dish, it's beautiful.

Fredie Freelance

Wreck!!!

Ona Tiki!!!

Gavin and Monica

Sabina, all the way from DC.

Ran, Bosko, Marc

Sally

Spermy

Tiki Princess

the surf contingent, Big tiki dude from Cowabunga Surf Music Board, And Steve from the Deoras. Thanks for bringing the logs Jeff.

Thanks again everybody.

View Profile of Alnshely Send a personal message to Alnshely  Email Alnshely     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-30 7:35 pm   Permalink

It was great being able to finally see the Lagoon Room. Alnshely, you're amazing hosts. Thanks so much. Monkeyman, your drink was great, thanks for mixing.

It's also really great to meet more SoCal TCers for the first time, as well as some out of towners like Sabina and Mike. But it was really great to finally properly meet Tiki Bong. Thanks for the gift Bong, I promise I won't lose it.

Mahalo,

~Hanford

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-30 7:46 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-05-30 19:35, hanford_lemoore wrote:
But it was really great to finally properly meet Tiki Bong. Thanks for the gift Bong, I promise I won't lose it.
Mahalo

You see what a great carving party can do to people?

What once was two people at war:

Is now two people at peace:

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kick_the_reverb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-30 7:48 pm   Permalink

What can I say that havn't been said before?
IIRC, last time this event was held I was thousands of miles away, looking at the pics in envy. This time I realized that my envy back then was justified...besides the fun of meeting friends (old and new) and experiencing Al & Shelly's hospitality, it was a learning experience. Watching the pros do it was fascinating, not to mention getting tips on technique and tools that you wouldn't be able to get normally. It was interesting to see the different styles, and how carving a log is different from carving a frame.
The Monkeypod was a hit, I see a contender for any future drink contests.
Thanks to everyone for the hospitality, education, company, food and drink.
See you next time,
Ran

View Profile of kick_the_reverb Send a personal message to kick_the_reverb  Email kick_the_reverb Goto the website of kick_the_reverb     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HOUSE OF KU
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-31 05:29 am   Permalink

Aloha alnshely! (fka Freddie the Lurker) Looks like a great time, hope to make it next time. A little gecko told me you will be visiting the islands soon, give me a holler and we'll party like wild monkeys(no disrespect to any wild monkeys out there):)

[ This Message was edited by: HOUSE OF KU on 2005-05-31 05:33 ]

View Profile of HOUSE OF KU Send a personal message to HOUSE OF KU  Email HOUSE OF KU     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-31 2:08 pm   Permalink

Thank you for opening your home to all of us, I think it might be easier to get Joyce out to Tiki events after the warm welcome she received.

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-31 9:14 pm   Permalink

Al & Shelly,

Big Mahalos for putting together this awesome event. Even for those of us who couldn't make it, the pictures tell a great story!

Aaron

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrs. pineapple
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-02 10:29 am   Permalink

Wow, this looks like a great time! We're really bummed we couldn't make the trip. AlnShelly are THE BEST! My one and only visit to the lagoon room is a foggy, rum soaked memory

How cool to hang out, watch & learn with Danny and Bosko! We have pieces from all the artists and it would have been great fun to see them all at work! Please keep this an annual event, we'll make it down one of these years, we promise!

the pineapples

View Profile of mrs. pineapple Send a personal message to mrs. pineapple      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifille
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-03 9:08 pm   Permalink

damn damn and double damn...wanted to go last year. Missed it. Too busy with work and life..heard about it after the fact. Wish I had been there. I would have loved to sponge up words of wisdom from Danny and Bosko. Must attend next year. Marking the calendar now.

View Profile of tikifille Send a personal message to tikifille      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-04 10:20 am   Permalink

damn damn and double damn.. again

well me and Tiki tony were busy at work making tiki art as well, but with out the help of such a great surrounding.... you'll all have to wait till Sep. to see what me and Tony have in-store..... hmmm.

Anyway... missed another great time. dang nab it!
now I got Chisel envy from all the great pics... some day i'll work hard enough to get that new set of carving tools like the pros. Bosko and Danny Rule Supremo!!!!!
next year next year next year

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation