FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events 'OnaTiki Bar & Grill 2nd annual mele July 1st, 2006 San Diego (pg 5)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
'OnaTiki Bar & Grill 2nd annual mele July 1st, 2006 San Diego (pg 5)
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-06-30 1:26 pm   Permalink

Looks like the Coconut Boy will be there. I can bring my postcard books if there's any interest.

Sabu

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-30 1:30 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-06-30 13:26, Sabu The Coconut Boy wrote:
I can bring my postcard books if there's any interest.

I think that'd be a hoot!

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kick_the_reverb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-30 2:03 pm   Permalink

"ANY" interest? I think there's always interest in your awsome collection. It's nice to take in a few pages at a time every once in a while.
Glad you can make it.

Ran

View Profile of kick_the_reverb Send a personal message to kick_the_reverb  Email kick_the_reverb Goto the website of kick_the_reverb     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Moki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-30 3:29 pm   Permalink

You know Sabu.... I don't think this is the right crowd for your postcards!! Yeah right....

PLEASE BRING THEM!!! I for one would love to see them.

View Profile of Moki Send a personal message to Moki  Email Moki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-01 6:01 pm   Permalink

Ona/Moki,

As much I would like to be there, we have so much work to do around the new place. The "den" which has been ear-marked as our future tiki bar, unfortunately, has tons of unpacked boxes. Painting, wallpaper scraping, the list is HUGE.

Your place is inspirational, as well as so many other tiki folks' homes/bars...can't wait until I have a place of my own. So my own personal paradise can take shape.

I am SAD I will miss the company of so many TCers, but am inspired.

Cheers!

[ This Message was edited by: CheekyGirl 2007-05-07 10:30 ]

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-02 12:28 pm   Permalink

I'm very disappointed, but we're not going to be able to make it after all. Please take lots of pictures so I can be thoroughly miserable at the fun I've missed!

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-02 1:24 pm   Permalink

What the ?...Humuhumu, tear yerself away from Live Aid, turn off the TV, get in the car and get the hell down here!

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MEAN GENE
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-02 2:17 pm   Permalink

That's right Humuhumu.... Get your butt down here!

I'm going over there right now!

View Profile of MEAN GENE Send a personal message to MEAN GENE  Email MEAN GENE Goto the website of MEAN GENE     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikimania
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-07-02 2:49 pm   Permalink

Count me in.

View Profile of tikimania Send a personal message to tikimania      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTikiBoom
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-02 7:33 pm   Permalink

Well... WOW! Just came back from a lil three hour visit at the Ona Tiki Bar n Grill..and there are simply no words to describe it all! However, I shall give it a go...

It is a lush, tropical hideaway. Tikified to the nines. While sitting in the "lounge" area, you cannot possibly feel anything but relaxed and completely taken away from it all. The pictures we have already seen (and the ones I will post later!!) in no way do any justice to the fantastic work they have done to create this lovely setting.

When my backyard grows up it wants to be the Ona Bar!

Last but not least, the proprietors of this oasis in San Diego are two of the most gracious hosts and everyone of the guests are a delite!

I stumbled onto the site and found this event happening right around the corner from my house. They let me in with no questions asked but quickly confiscated my bottle of rum.

I am heading back there now to partake in said bottle of rum.... and other cocktails. I believe I had earlier what was called a Monkypod and a lapu lapu (sp?) Both tasted remarkably like simple fruit juice. The effects of which I am sure to feel Sunday morning!

Until later!

Tonight, we will have a big feast. And then, at the end of the feast, we will climb to the top of the Big Woo, and you will jump in. Okay?

[ This Message was edited by: TikiTikiBoom on 2005-07-02 23:42 ]

View Profile of TikiTikiBoom Send a personal message to TikiTikiBoom  Email TikiTikiBoom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thegarz
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-07-03 12:09 am   Permalink

Just came back from Ona's Tiki party...all I can say is WOW! It was definitely worth the 246 mile round trip drive from my home....I spent over 5 1/2 hrs at the gathering and man, it only seemed like an hour! I enjoyed meeting all the interesting people there...many who grace this website with their input. The wife had a great time also--she looks forward to the next one!
Thanks very much for the invite--took lotsa kool pics...some I will post if they are not repeats...
See ya all soon...!

View Profile of thegarz Send a personal message to thegarz  Email thegarz Goto the website of thegarz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-03 09:40 am   Permalink

This was the party of parties for 2005. Thanks so much Moki and Ona for a fantastic venue and your legendary hospitality. We all had a great time and look forward to our next visit.

Pablus, Your CD was an excellent addition to the festive ambience. Thanks a ton for providing us some musical entertainment. The music was crisp and clear and your voice is sweet as passion fruit syrup.

Fellow guest bartenders ModMana and Kick the Reverb, I salute you for concocting delicious libations with effortless execution. The Leilani Volcanos and Reverb Crashes were a hit (as always)

It was great seeing all of you again.

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-03 11:32 am   Permalink

Great time last night! Thanks Moki and Ona for your hospitality. Great tiki home, food, music, drinks, & great people. Cant ask for more!

TBird.

View Profile of Tiki Bird Send a personal message to Tiki Bird  Email Tiki Bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-03 11:53 am   Permalink

I want to thank Ona Tiki & Moki for opening up their beautiful home to us. We had such a great time. Their house is amazing. I also want to thank all of the guest bartenders (Monkey Man, ModMana, & Kick the Reverb) for keeping us good and juiced up! Paublus I also want to thank you for providing us a personalized CD of your great music. It felt like you where there. My wife (The Whale Rider) and I always have such a great time at all the TC events. And this event was awesome!!!
Here are some photos:

Later,
Spermy

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-03 1:08 pm   Permalink

WOW! The fireworks started early this year. Mucho mahalo Ona & Moki for sharing your slice of paradise with us. We had a great time. And thanks to the guest bartenders for the amazing libations, Dolphin Tiki for that dip I couldn't stop eating (not to mention the meatballs) and Modmana for...da pie (which I scarfed down on the way home).

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation