FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Bilge If you sell to me on ebay, your Grandmother might die
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
If you sell to me on ebay, your Grandmother might die
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-01 4:14 pm   Permalink

Yeah, I was a TA (teaching assistant) for some undergraduate Education courses at UC Santa Cruz. One Quarter, we had (no joke!) 9<------Nine! Grandmothers, 1 Father, 1 Mother, 2 sisters, and 4 sundry pets pass on, each and everyone right before the day of the midterm, final, or final paper was due. Grandpas, tho, they're a hardy bunch!

Yeah....

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-06 01:45 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-06-30 13:20, stuff-o-rama wrote:
Mai Tai, the power is strong with you...

Although my family was in perfect health when you purchased an eBay item from me, the day after I shipped it my great nephew had a fever spike of 104...

Oh, ouch! Sorry about that. I just re-read this thread tonight. No wonder you were pretty adamant in telling me that all of your tiki stuff from your move has been sold, and there isn't any more stuff around! Maybe I should have a friend start buying stuff for me instead.

I'm sure a lot of people around here want me to buy something from KohalaCharms. JOKE! That's a joke!!! Funny!!! A-hahahahahahahaha!!!

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stuff-o-rama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-08 11:18 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-08-06 01:45, Mai Tai wrote:Oh, ouch! Sorry about that. I just re-read this thread tonight. No wonder you were pretty adamant in telling me that all of your tiki stuff from your move has been sold, and there isn't any more stuff around! Maybe I should have a friend start buying stuff for me instead.

Seriously, that is funny. But I really did sell all that I had to sell (or am willing to get rid of at this time). I had a string of health issues starting with my great nephew. It was if my family was handing off the baton in a hospital relay race. It went from my great nephew, to my sister, to her son, to my other sister, to my Mom's boyfriend. I wish I could really blame it on you but it's just a co-inky dink. Otherwise I would have cursed you with "negative feedback" Don't buy from this guy! He will curse your family's health! I'm not kidding!"

The good news is everyone's fine now. I won't put you on the "banned" list. All though I might will you into the corn. (Joking, of course!)

oh, and the guy who was "in the hospital" finally sent the money order. It was postmarked last Friday. The power of eBay feedback rules once again!

View Profile of stuff-o-rama Send a personal message to stuff-o-rama  Goto the website of stuff-o-rama     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stuff-o-rama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-31 8:57 pm   Permalink

Once again, the death in the family has appeared.

I sold an item to someone last week, today I got this notice

Quote:
I have not forgotten about the doll. I had a death in the funeral my mother passed from cancer she had for 12 yrs I will send payment out money order on thursday let me know if its ok Again i am sorry. Chris please send me your address so i can make sure i have the correct address

The funny thing is my name is not Chris, nor did he buy a doll from me. However he does owe me a big chunk of change. Is it wrong for me not to be sympathetic when it appears to be a form letter? I noticed on his eBay feedback that he has purchased around 20 items in the past two days... hmmmmm...

View Profile of stuff-o-rama Send a personal message to stuff-o-rama  Goto the website of stuff-o-rama     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN

Posted: 2007-07-31 9:44 pm   Permalink

I gave up on eBay. I didn't have any bad experiences, but I figured if I kept using it, I might kill off some relatives or close friends.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-31 11:39 pm   Permalink

After re-reading this thread, I'm tempted to change the title to "Don't Post On This Thread, Or You Might End Up On Bali Hijinks!!!"

I miss TikiFish.

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-01 9:42 pm   Permalink

HA! I've bought only one thing on e-bay (Trader Vic's ashtray) and have never sold anything there. I guess I'm old fashioned, I prefer a handshake and a smile.

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
closettiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-02 09:40 am   Permalink

i list on ebay...i run between 60-100 items per week..for about 2 years now ..mostly hawaiian shirts...a lot of vintage ...a lot of 60- 70-80s shirts ..some older......i call it my second job...or my slush fund..but it pays for my tiki pursuits....my trip to hawaii last month..my tiki bar. disneyland for the kiddies ..my bad habits..ive may have even sold to some of you.......but your right ..ive heard some of those same excuses..the hospital one seems to be a favorite ...i had one lady tell me that the reason she had not paid me was because her computer was repossesed.....now thats funny...is there a list of excuses that buyers use?...i cant find that link.....but hey its a living....and ive bought some cool stuff via ebay....

View Profile of closettiki Send a personal message to closettiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-02 10:49 am   Permalink

tikifish is fine, as long as it puts the lotion on its skin, i throw in the occasional chicken bone...

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Feelin' Zombified
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-02 12:50 pm   Permalink

J$,

what is it with you always forgetting your articles and prepositions???

The Tikifish... THE...

View Profile of Feelin' Zombified Send a personal message to Feelin' Zombified  Email Feelin' Zombified     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-02 5:39 pm   Permalink

..problem is, you never buy from me on ebay!! my shipping track record is flawless....get on over there, i got some auctions up now....

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-03 12:32 am   Permalink

God damn Tips!
You got enough products on your website that wouldn't fill a page of a Sears catalog.
Get with it!
And your still pushin those matini lamps?

And what the hell is a Tikfish?

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-04 09:52 am   Permalink

OFF TOPIC

I miss TikiFish. - Mai Tai-

A common misconception, the Tiki Fish is not extinct. Tiki Fish are still plentiful and fairly common. Most fish shops and even major grocery chains will currently have them as July-September is Tiki Fish season.

The Tiki Fish have often been confused with the Teepee Fish which is almost completely extinct due to the popularity of Teepee Fish oil in the 19th century. (It was most commonly used to oil Buffalo hunters rifles and Fur Seal clubs.)

Tiki Fish have thrived as they are bottom feeders which can consume all sorts of garbage (and even manure pellets in the case of the farmed Tiki Fish) yet their flesh is firm and white and is excellent smoked or in fish sticks.

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-06 07:50 am   Permalink

collecting tiki mugs has gotten old, so i took my collection to the META level... now i collect tiki mug collectors.

so far i have a tiki_bong, a tikifish, and a KokomoTikiBar&Grill... in case you all were wondering where they were

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-06 12:47 pm   Permalink

He dumped Tiki Toa on Ebay.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation