FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Per Request.. Cartoon of the Thread we all want to forget!!
Per Request.. Cartoon of the Thread we all want to forget!!
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-14 4:02 pm   Permalink

Tiki-Kate requested I paint a picture of the thread many, incuding myself want to forget soon!!! For me..as closure..I did this little sketch this morning and hope we can close the subject with a little well needed humor!!

A few of you were higher profile than others..some just joined in the frenzy..others were learers. I am the fool hanging on the rope here!! So...Kate, Made my contribution and was never taken up on the "duel of the pencil" but that suits me Juuuust fine!!! Enjoy!!!
p.s. Any resemblance to "actual TCers is PURELY accidental!! ~~~~THOR

THE EVENT

"TB" makes his move!

"Benz" disguised by a well carved pendant poises to strike with carved paddle

THE FINAL OUTCOME..THOR gets SORE~

Fond Alohas~~~~

[ This Message was edited by: THOR's on 2005-05-14 16:06 ]

View Profile of THOR's Send a personal message to THOR's  Email THOR's Goto the website of THOR's     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-14 4:51 pm   Permalink

Good Job THOR!!! Funny Stuff!! Oh Yeah I really like your work. I stayed out of your previous post but I find myself responding to Artists that actually post their work. If I have not said it already WELCOME TO TIKI CENTRAL!!! I hope to see more!!!
Later,
Spermy

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ikitnrev
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-05-14 5:47 pm   Permalink

Change the center hanging character to a stereotypical Jimmy Buffet fan, and you might have a few buyers!

Vern

View Profile of ikitnrev Send a personal message to ikitnrev  Email ikitnrev     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-14 5:57 pm   Permalink

Haha. My girl loves the work and your sense of humour. I love it too

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-14 6:21 pm   Permalink

Well this one had nuthin to do with selling artmy friend!! It was a "documentation" I would say! "ikitnrev" you need to look at the "thread from Hell" to make any sense outa this cartoon. In the forum under my name.."Baffled by why Thor art...etc" Lord help me that I refere ya to this..!!
But glad you like it!!! It was for the fun..is all...I would be shocked to sell something like this!!! I have made better art on a napkin at a cheap dive bar with the juice of a maraschino cherry in Hollywood!!

The funnest part of being an artist is...you get to say something about the world in a picture or a thing and people have to look at it..for better or worse..hopefully the first thing! That's something that is no doubt...real magic~~

Aloha's THOR

[ This Message was edited by: THOR's on 2005-05-14 19:14 ]

View Profile of THOR's Send a personal message to THOR's  Email THOR's Goto the website of THOR's     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-14 7:59 pm   Permalink

THOR,

I think this is one of the few times that anything I've said on TC has sparked any interest. (I don't post a lot, and I'm cripplingly shy.)

I loved your interpretation.

I had actually envisioned a painting split down the middle showing opposing tikis on black sand beaches near dark seas and under stormy skies furiously typing on computers fashioned out of coconuts etc.

Sorry that I forgot to mention before that I think your paintings are fabulous. I especially like Magik of the Tiki Maker and Pele's Promise.

Tiki-Kate

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-14 8:03 pm   Permalink

Thanks Kate ! I like your image ideas a LOT!!! I will put it on the painting list for sure!! I just love to draw.. My Mom has shoe box after shoe box of drawings I have done since I was 2 of things and people and dreams I put on paper....it's better than any photo could ever capture..do the same!!

Good nite!! ~~ THOR

[ This Message was edited by: THOR's on 2005-05-14 20:06 ]

THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Thanks Kate ! I like your image ideas a LOT!!! I will put it on the painting list for sure!! I just love to draw.. My Mom has shoe box after shoe box of srawings I have done since I was 2 of things and people and dreams I put on paper....it's better than any photo could ever capture..do the same!!

Good nite!! ~~ THOR

THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Thanks Kate ! I like your image ideas a LOT!!! I will put it on the painting list for sure!! I just love to draw.. My Mom has shoe box after shoe box of srawings I have done since I was 2 of things and people and dreams I put on paper....it's better than any photo could ever capture..do the same!!

Good nite!! ~~ THOR

THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Good nite!! ~~ THOR

Kono
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-14 8:42 pm   Permalink

That's hilarious! Ben is a good guy though... Go and post in some other folks' threads and give them some feedback and you'll fit in quite nicely here on TC.

View Profile of Kono Send a personal message to Kono  Email Kono Goto the website of Kono     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-14 9:03 pm   Permalink

Haaaa I am doing that Kono!!! I am sure Benz is a nice guy!! So am I!!! I love my Sister but we have some doozie knock down debates too!!
I am not worried about fitting in Kono..I am me..and those who are open to who I am I welcome and am the truest of friends..and vice versa!

~~ Aloha's THOR

[ This Message was edited by: THOR's on 2005-05-14 21:26 ]

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation