FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Tiki at The Christmas Tree Shops (New Style - 10/3)
Tiki at The Christmas Tree Shops (New Style - 10/3)
badmojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-15 09:12 am   Permalink

Picked up this guy yesterday at my local Christmas Tree Shop. 36" Tall, and pretty damned good for $29.99. Made all the sweeter by the fact that I found a $10 in the parking lot. Now I wish I had bought 2, as I can't decide if I should put him in the backyard, or keep him in the lounge.

[ This Message was edited by: badmojo 2005-10-04 19:07 ]

View Profile of badmojo Send a personal message to badmojo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomicchick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-15 09:20 am   Permalink

Dang, that thing is great. Too bad we don't have that store in CA.

View Profile of Atomicchick Send a personal message to Atomicchick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-15 09:31 am   Permalink

Bargain!

What's it made of? Is it heavy?

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unkle John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-15 10:42 am   Permalink

I picked a tiki statue off of eBay that came from that store. It was shorted.. about 18 inches. I think I bought it for $18-$20 (That included shipping). What really sucks is that we don't have those stores either in Tx. I just wish whoever they are getting them from, Big lots or Target would get them as well.

View Profile of Unkle John Send a personal message to Unkle John  Email Unkle John Goto the website of Unkle John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
badmojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-15 10:43 am   Permalink

It seems to be some type of resin. It's hollow, but still pretty heavy. As I was loading it into the trunk I noticed there must be a fist sized hunk of resin inside, rattling around.

View Profile of badmojo Send a personal message to badmojo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kono
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-15 4:45 pm   Permalink

badmojo, by any chance is that Flamin' Ku mask by the World Famous Suburban_Savage?

View Profile of Kono Send a personal message to Kono  Email Kono Goto the website of Kono     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
badmojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-15 5:14 pm   Permalink

Why Yes, Yes it is. Version 2.0, now with red jeweled eyes!

Tangaroa Ed
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-05-22 11:16 am   Permalink

I picked one up at my local Christmas tree today as well. It's smaller than the one you have, and was a steal at $9.99.

They only had the one though. I'll keep checking for other folks if they are interested. The one I found doeesn't weigh a ton and would probably be shippable for like 10 bucks.
I need to figure out the upload photo thing...I'll post some pics soon!

View Profile of Tangaroa Ed Send a personal message to Tangaroa Ed  Email Tangaroa Ed     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-22 7:32 pm   Permalink

Quote:
I'll keep checking for other folks if they are interested.

Keep me in mind for one of those!

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike  Email Kenike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
badmojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-04 7:06 pm   Permalink

Not sure how long they've had these guys, but I thought I'd give the rest of the North-Easters a heads up. I picked up a pair this last weekend. Can't beat the price at $6.99 each. 16" Tall, and the usual plastic/resin material.

johnman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-05 7:17 pm   Permalink

Hmm, I'll have to check out my local Xmas Tree Shops in Warwick, RI. Hope to find one (or two!).

View Profile of johnman Send a personal message to johnman  Goto the website of johnman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-05 7:30 pm   Permalink

Thanks badmojo. I rushed there tonight and picked up a pair, then rushed out. (We were late to childbirth class--I have the best wife in the world)

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-06 10:09 am   Permalink

Cute mojo!
It looks like there are at least three different sizes of that guy available from various companies. His squatness gives him more personality than my lanky one.
-Tw

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unkle John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-06 5:16 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-10-04 19:06, badmojo wrote:

That's the one I picked up on ebay... sorry guys and gals, I thought I took a pick so you all could see him. He's not really that heavy, btw.

View Profile of Unkle John Send a personal message to Unkle John  Email Unkle John Goto the website of Unkle John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-22 04:38 am   Permalink

Got this guy at the Christmas Tree Shops for $4!

Incedentally, the poster on which he's sitting I got a print shop that was going out of business for the princely sum of $2.97 including tax.

P.S. This thread should probably be moved to Tiki Marketplace.

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation