FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving A few things I made - Feedback appreciated
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
A few things I made - Feedback appreciated
beachin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-16 11:42 pm   Permalink

Good progression...I like where you're going with this. Add a little more detail...maybe tell a story with your pic. I don't know. You have a nice style with the heavy lines. I like that.

View Profile of beachin Send a personal message to beachin  Email beachin Goto the website of beachin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-17 08:08 am   Permalink

Looks like you got a good sense of styling and good skills too. That last one really got my attention, I love the setup of it. Detail it all as much as the tiki and it be very nice.

Mate, practice is the best thing. Don't be afraid to experiment with styles and different mediums. Sometimes you will screw up and the bin will get the art. Hey, shit happens. On the flip side of the coin, every now and then you will try somehting, it will click, and you will go "shit, this is cool".

Looking forward to seeing more of your art!

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swamp Fire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-17 08:28 am   Permalink

I like the pencil sketch. It has some nice depth to it. Maybe even get more depth with a volcano on the horizon. Maybe a large palm leaf or two in front of the big tiki. Thanks for posting.

The Art of Doug Horne
http://www.swampfirelounge.com/

View Profile of Swamp Fire Send a personal message to Swamp Fire  Email Swamp Fire Goto the website of Swamp Fire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coconut KC
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-05-18 1:11 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-05-16 22:29, Aaron's Akua wrote:
Coconut KC, you've got the right idea - keep on doing what you're doing. I also think it would be cool to scan those into a graphics program and play around with them a bit. I love that last tiki - it's one of my favorites in the hotel section of the BOT.

Keep on working and posting here in the creating forum for sure!

A-A

When all else fails flip open the Book of Tiki! =)

Thank you guys for all of the great feedback, it's really got me motivated! I'm currently working on the last one in Photoshop. We'll see what develops.

View Profile of Coconut KC Send a personal message to Coconut KC  Email Coconut KC     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thanatos
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-18 2:47 pm   Permalink

Skill baby skill

View Profile of Thanatos Send a personal message to Thanatos  Email Thanatos     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation