Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Tiki Carving » » TIKI Fridge
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
TIKI Fridge
Tiki-Randy

Posted: 2005-05-16 1:12 pm   Permalink

Hello again, I have not been in here for awhile. It's finally starting to warm up here around Chicago area. I got a new vinyl cutter this past winter. I got out last weekend and did some work on the bar fridge, I have at the end of my tiki kitchen on the deck. Check it out, and thanks for all the good ideas in here.

http://www.computcare.com/randy-gallery/TIKITIKI/DSCF0249

Randy

View Profile of Tiki-Randy Send a personal message to Tiki-Randy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Moki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-16 1:31 pm   Permalink

Welcome and thanks for sharing.
Looks good.

View Profile of Moki Send a personal message to Moki  Email Moki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-16 1:46 pm   Permalink

I like it. How much would decals like that cost?

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-16 2:29 pm   Permalink

Hey Randy,
Your design looks really familiar to me. Check out this thread:

http://tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=4576&forum=7&vpost=45561

Please refresh my memeory, have we met?

Chongolio

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Randy

Posted: 2005-05-16 3:22 pm   Permalink

Sorry if these are your designs. I did not know. I got a CD with a lot of art on it and that was one of them and there is no reference to you. If you don’t want me to use it I will remove it and use another.

Thanks
Randy

View Profile of Tiki-Randy Send a personal message to Tiki-Randy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-16 3:38 pm   Permalink

Interesting. Where did that CD come from. I do like the surfer and the idea of useing the sticker.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-16 3:44 pm   Permalink

That is one cool fridge (argh! bad pun that was not intended).

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-16 4:35 pm   Permalink

Yeah right hewey?? It IS a Kuel fridge. Like the tiki. Even if it is chongo's, it's Probably ok for your personal use and I'm sure you didn't plan on selling any and didn't know. Just remember we all have to be careful with stuff like this.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-16 4:36 pm   Permalink

Hey Randy,
No hard feelings, its not the first I have seen my designs borrowed. I dont mind my design being used as long as its not being sold and I have been asked for permission and credit. Thanks for asking and you now can cut the moai in good conscience, but please don't sell the decals. I sure would like to know where you got the CD from. I wonder how many more of mine and fellow TC artist's work is being passed around with no comps or royalties to the artist. Did you buy the CD? If so could you tell me where.
Thanks,

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thanatos
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-17 3:53 pm   Permalink

That is a huge problem. Go to google and type in surfer tiki. Look uinder images. I saw 2 of yours! Sorry

View Profile of Thanatos Send a personal message to Thanatos  Email Thanatos     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
romarchez
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-05-17 4:08 pm   Permalink

hey congolio,

in that case, i would like to buy 2 decals from you directly if possible. your first two design, not the surf tiki. i would like to put on my fridge.

please let me know, thanks!

rowena

View Profile of romarchez Send a personal message to romarchez      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
romarchez
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-05-23 2:15 pm   Permalink

hey chongolio,

check ebay too as i think i saw your designs there in decals.

View Profile of romarchez Send a personal message to romarchez      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-23 2:26 pm   Permalink

thats messed up Chongo.... messed up.

Lets hear it TikiRandy. Where did the CD come from?

[ This Message was edited by: Monkeyman on 2005-05-23 14:28 ]

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki G.
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-24 04:48 am   Permalink

He scanned your art image into his new vinyl cutter he said he just got. Chongo, how did your art get on a CD if YOU didn't put it there. I do this for a living at my day job, the USPS. I am a graphic artist Illustrator. It's easy to do. I have a Gerber vinyl cutter in my office...I've done it myself, but not with other peoples art. With USPS Eagle logos and other "bought" clip art.

Sounds "fishy" if you ask me.....I saw the decals on ebay myself. Are those yours Chongo? Spit it out Randy! He's just trying to find out where the CD came from. If your guilty, the ridicule and banishment will come later....

View Profile of Tiki G. Send a personal message to Tiki G.  Email Tiki G. Goto the website of Tiki G.     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Randy

Posted: 2005-05-24 06:30 am   Permalink

I got the CD at COD Computer show. From a guy that had a whole table of CDs. All his CDs were burned with white lables. O by the way I don't have a scanner and I'm not selling them on ebay eather thats not me.

I will post a pic of the cd.

Thanks
Randy

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation