FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events APE in SF! Oct 26 '13 ( pg 7)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
APE in SF! Oct 26 '13 ( pg 7)
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-03 11:21 pm   Permalink

don't pay any attention to the distractions listed... for there is fun to be had at the Make-Out Room!

see you there!!!!!!!!!!!

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-05 2:06 pm   Permalink

i just finished prepping the crazy log for Tiki#115! Log provided by Jungle Trader!! it definitely is going to be the most unique APE Tiki yet, every log seems to bring new surprizes.... so bring the bidding money, it's one not to be missed

Frank hits the stage early with his Link Wray band, so get there on time to see him
http://tikimania.com/docs/APE_gig2.html

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-09 4:26 pm   Permalink

We almost didn't make it, but thank goodness we did -- it was a total blast! I don't think I'll ever tire of dancing along to APE. Here are my pics from the evening:

http://photo.humuhumu.com/v/linkwray/

Frank Novicki's Link Wray tribute (which sounded absolutely awesome -- and Frank looked like a kid on xmas morning, he was having such a good time up there):

Some of the gang who made it out to the Make Out:

Carving gets underway on Crazy Al's bearded tiki:

A pause in the carving as Al joins the boys:

The finished tiki:

Crazy Al:

Otto, Crazy Al and Mai Tai:

Mai Tai and Otto have an animated conversation:

Me and Jane:

Mr. Smiley, Crazy Al & Hanford Lemoore:

Hanford & Frank Novicki:

Frank & me, swooning:

The fanTAStic gig poster by Derek, which we didn't see until the end of the night:

Thanks yet again for another fantastic night, APE!

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigap
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-04-09 6:38 pm   Permalink

Wow! That's cool! That bearded tiki is great Al!

You west coast guys get to have all the fun! We got coon-tiki I guess...(no smiley here)

View Profile of tikigap Send a personal message to tikigap  Email tikigap Goto the website of tikigap     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-14 09:29 am   Permalink

Humu is the greatest!! I've not had time to post pics... thanks!! Thanks JT foe the Funky'fied Log!!
the New Guinea Ape Lives!!

Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-16 11:56 pm   Permalink

HA! That log turned out nicely. Hats off to you C'Al, forever the showman. I dig Derek's illustration. If Ape doesn't get huge in the wide world, they'll always be big in my Jungle. Can I get one of those gig posters?

Jungle

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-17 11:36 am   Permalink

posters are printed only for gig use, but Ape is negotiating bananas with Derek to make a print available.

Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-18 11:33 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-04-16 23:56, Jungle Trader wrote:
Can I get one of those gig posters?

Ditto!

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-18 1:31 pm   Permalink

Great pictures Humuhumu,

Thanks for sharing!!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-19 2:56 pm   Permalink

AL0ooooooooooooHA!! TC!!!!

APE has a fantastic opportunity to do some incredible Tiki-philanthropy!!!
We have been invited to perform at the 7th annual C.A.R.E.S. LUAU!!!!!
Saturday, June 17th, from 6-10PM

Over the past 20 years there are not to many of us that don't know of someone who has been effected buy HIV/AIDS, and it's devastating effects on friends and family.
The Luau is a yearly fund raising effort for the nonprofit CARES, an HIV/AIDS regional health-care clinic, pharmacy and social services entity located in Sacramento. CARES was established in 1989 through a partnership of Sacramento County and the area's four major hospital systems, led by the University of California at Davis Med Center.

The 2006 7th Annual CARES Luau will feature fabulous food, tropical drinks, live and silent auctions and the exotic stylings of San Francisco-based APE, "The World's Greatest Tiki Band," featuring a tiki carving performance by "Crazy Al" Evans, whose work will be auctioned off at the evening's end. The event will take place behind the CARES building at 1500 21st Street in Sacramento.
Tickets are $75. For more info call 916-914-6363.
TC folks that want to attend can get there tickets for $65!!

Also appearing with APE in June will be Lawrence "Larry D" Duplechan, from LA, a silver throated singer and piece of eye candy who bills himself as "Note Just Another Black, Gay, Rock-and-Roll Ukulele Player." Larry is also the author of a number of novels, including the groundbreaking "Blackbird," a gay black youth coming of age novel.

This year at Bill Roberson's urging, (Director-Creator of the Film Documentary "Rock that Uke") they are going a bit more tiki in their approach. It also marks the first time that a tiki band of APE's profile has appeared in the largely tiki-starved central valley region. We're hoping this establishes a beach head that will open the way for hordes of tiki masked, bamboo spear-brandishing, grass-skirted, luau-shirted enthusiasts who will flood across the barren plains, nourishing and springing forth life amongst the indigenous populous, but dried and lifeless sea monkeys. Or something like that. Anyway, the idea is to make Sacramento nonprofit orgs aware of the Tiki Scene! and too... Tiki Types aware of the Central Valley's want of Refreshing Escapism.

Yesterday, I was cropping the news to the masses at a promotional pre-event for the Luau at Head Hunters Video Lounge and Grill, 1930 K Street (corner of 20th & K) in Sacramento. Performing to the music of APE's Jungle Gems CD only, the tiki I carved by CD's end was raffled off that night...
CrazyAL Tiki#117
log donation by Vic of
http://www.tikijungle.com

BigBadMad TikiBill!!

However one of the volunteers won the tiki and donated it to be auctioned off the night of the Luau!!! along with the Tiki created that night!!!

Wont you come out to enjoy another fantastic Tiki Time with APE and help raise the much needed funds for a great organization???? SEE YOU THERE!!!

[ This Message was edited by: crazy al 2006-05-19 16:01 ]

crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-15 12:54 pm   Permalink

those who C.A.R.E. come on out!! see you this Sat. Night!!!
Warm Tropical Weather awaits!!
Buy a CrazyAL APE tiki and help fund a terrific organization!

crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-05 2:25 pm   Permalink

Glorious RETURN! to the MAKEOUT ROOM!!! Aug 23rd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i think.... more to come.

crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-19 3:06 pm   Permalink

See you all at the make out room!!!!

crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-20 5:35 pm   Permalink

crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-21 11:10 pm   Permalink

possible smugglers friday night!?!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation