Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving VW Tiki
VW Tiki
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-18 3:49 pm   Permalink

This was done for a girl I work with. It was adapted when she showed me where she wanted to place it - on the dash. The new Beetle's have the flower stand built into the dash. A flower was too girly for her, so I made this. The hair was added for effetct - the Beetle is convertable.

The wood is a piece of cherry that I aquired from an old table. It carves great and stain nicely.

[ This Message was edited by: AlohaStation on 2005-05-18 15:53 ]

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-18 3:59 pm   Permalink

tiki farfinuggen. nice!

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-18 4:38 pm   Permalink

Very nice!
Is it a useable pen as well as being a really great tiki?

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-18 4:48 pm   Permalink

Darn Aloha, I Knew you could do it. This tiki is unbelievably awesome. See what working those small pens has done? get a bit bigger and,,,All HELL Breales Loose. More Drooool..

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-18 5:38 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the props. It is NOT a pen - HMMMMM. The little stuff IS a warm-up for the bigger tikis. Right now I'm still waiting for my Tropical paradise to be built - living room, office and a pool. Thats going to be another thread - patience pics are coming.

Here's another image of the VW Tiki.

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-18 6:17 pm   Permalink

Cool - VWs and Tiki!

I got a Finkdaddy tiki hanging off my Beetle's internal mirror for some polynesian mojo. She's a '72 but shes still good!

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-18 6:39 pm   Permalink

Thats cool. Send it to VW, maybe they will order millions instead of the flowers they put out now.

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-18 7:35 pm   Permalink

sweet! tikis are great just the way they are, no pen needed!
I've got a tiki tony in my tiki tercel, but there's always room for more!

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation