FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki DEVO tour
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
DEVO tour
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-01 8:25 pm   Permalink

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-02 11:19 am   Permalink

It's almost time for DEVO...

Too bad all y'all are going to the OC shows and nobody appears to be going to Hollywood. I have friends that would have a sufficient interest in seeing them, perhaps if the tix were like, $35.00. But at $68.00, I didn't even bother to ask! I'm sure there will be plenty going on and some interesting people sufficient to keep me amused. I'm thinking I should maybe wear some very high-heeled, restrictive footwear and a fussy outfit where the wrong move will send things popping out. That way I won't be tempted (or able) to launch all over the place like a 17-year old boy when the music starts. It sure would be fun, but it just ain't fittin'.

Actually, I saw the B-52's there about 1 1/2 years ago and I was surprised at how subdued the crowd was. They just stood there for the most part. This might be the same.

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-02 12:22 pm   Permalink

Make your own DEVO poster! FREE!
Too big for me (18 pages), but a fun waist of time.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-02 1:14 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-08-01 20:25, RevBambooBen wrote:

Ben, are your wonderful kids buying tickets for the rest of us? If not, can I have an allowance? I'll take out the trash & dry the dishes.

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrs. pineapple
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-02 3:46 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-06-20 07:13, RevBambooBen wrote:
Quote:

On 2005-05-19 17:42, mrs. pineapple wrote:

I was heartened to see one of the young Bamboo lads wearing a DEVO t-shirt at the Oasis. Ben and Mrs. Boo are fine parents

My kids rock! Happpy fathers day to me!!
2 DEVO tickets!! Yee haw!!!

I'm glad to hear that you are taking Mrs. Boo on a grown up date! (She told me the kids were bummed they couldn't go!) Then I was thinking about a conversation I had with Bamboo Jack at the Oasis, and he was picking up a Mother's Day gift for Mrs. Boo, and he had $5...

Ben - it's awfully sweet of your kids to be scraping together their allowance for Mom's day presents, but something tells me they had some assistance with the father's day gift All I'm saying is, Mrs. Boo should be getting a kick ass birthday present from the Men of Boo

Us moms gotta stick together! As Nigel Tuffnel would say, 'have a good show...'

Mrs. Pineapple

View Profile of mrs. pineapple Send a personal message to mrs. pineapple      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-08-02 4:09 pm   Permalink

This bites! I had a flight booked to San Diego to see DEVO on September 3rd. Last week I found out they cancelled both SD shows.

Today I find out they are playing right near me in Oakland at the amazingly beutiful Art Deco Paramount Theatre on Oct. 8th. Guess what I'll be doing on Oct. 8th.? Hint: What's the best existing tiki place in the world?

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-02 6:07 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-08-02 16:09, thejab wrote:

Guess what I'll be doing on Oct. 8th.? Hint: What's the best existing tiki place in the world?

You will be at the Mai Kai? You just can't catch a spud's break. On the other hand, you will be at Hukilau. Not too bad a tradeoff!

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
vintagegirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-02 8:54 pm   Permalink

I'm so tempted to go, but with a base price of $62.50, $2.00 building facility charge, $10.40 convenience charge, $12.00 for parking and $10.00 for a drink, that's a good $100 per person! At least I did get to see them about 6 years ago at the Universal Amphitheater (or whatever it's called now). And I think that was for free....and on a double-bill with the B-52s.

Ticketmaster is pure evil.

And yes, Tina, most concert-going crowds today are too cool to be excited about anything and let loose like in the "old days". Sorry to sound like such an old fart, but between the prices and the boring crowds, it just doesn't inspire me to go to a lot of shows anymore.

View Profile of vintagegirl Send a personal message to vintagegirl  Goto the website of vintagegirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-02 9:07 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-08-02 16:09, thejab wrote:
Today I find out they are playing right near me in Oakland at the amazingly beutiful Art Deco Paramount Theatre on Oct. 8th. Guess what I'll be doing on Oct. 8th.? Hint: What's the best existing tiki place in the world?

An amazing coincidence!
They played Chicago during last year's Hukilau!

Maybe I have to talk Christie into getting them to play Hukilau in 2006, so there are no more conflicts between Devo tours and Hukilaus!

Devolau!
Spudilau!
Duty-Now-Lau!

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-02 10:10 pm   Permalink

I like the 62.50 ticket price. Means it won't be too crowded!!!! Yee Haw!! HOB Anaslime only holds 1030 max.
1/2 the size of HOB Hollyweird. A little Elbow Room is nice. Gettin old, you know.

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-02 10:18 pm   Permalink

Don't forget to stash beers in your socks.

Are we not men? We are Chongo...lio

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-03 10:07 am   Permalink

about 4 years ago or so, devo got together and formed a surf influenced band with a new c.d...It's actually quite good ...the name of the their new band escapes me...i'll have to find it when i get home and report back. Imagine, devo and surf......it's a great c.d.....

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-03 10:32 am   Permalink

Tipsy the name of the DEVO side project "The Wipeouters".

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-03 11:04 pm   Permalink

If the shoe fits wear it??

Part 2 of my Awesome Fathers Day!!! Waited for a sp-A-cial time to wear this and the shoe, freakin fits!!!

ROCK ON !!!!

APE!!!

[ This Message was edited by: RevBambooBen 2005-08-03 23:07 ]

[ This Message was edited by: RevBambooBen 2005-08-03 23:08 ]

RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-03 11:09 pm   Permalink

ohh fuck it!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation