Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Mattfinks Tiki Koi Pond
mattfink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-23 06:29 am   Permalink

Been Doing some updates this spring on the old Koi pond:

Here's a link to the whole set:

http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EeAM3DZs4ct2jcsg

View Profile of mattfink Send a personal message to mattfink  Email mattfink Goto the website of mattfink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-23 06:41 am   Permalink

Looks nice Mattfink. Can I bring a fishin pole? I love the frog too.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Feelin' Zombified
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-23 08:07 am   Permalink

Lookin' good! I'm jealous as the Mrs. won't allow a pond in "her" garden.

Hey Matt- Where did you find that fountain? I've been looking for a small tiki fountain head. Is that just a converted tiki? or did it come with the plumbing?

BTW... they have concrete Moai at English Gardens for about $130, just incase you want to add more.

Here fishy fishy...

-Z

[ This Message was edited by: Feelin' Zombified on 2005-05-23 08:09 ]

View Profile of Feelin' Zombified Send a personal message to Feelin' Zombified  Email Feelin' Zombified     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mattfink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-23 11:30 am   Permalink

I bought a small Tiki on eBay and plumbed the little guy myself. I'd be glad to give you a hand with one if you'd like!

There are several frogs in the pond...mating!!! I'm gonna have a frog leg dinner here soon I think!(just kidding)

View Profile of mattfink Send a personal message to mattfink  Email mattfink Goto the website of mattfink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mattfink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-23 11:37 am   Permalink

Does the concrete tiki look like this one?

mattfink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-23 11:38 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-05-23 06:41, Benzart wrote:
Looks nice Mattfink. Can I bring a fishin pole? I love the frog too.

You can come any time!!! Just bring your carving tools!!

Matty

Feelin' Zombified
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-23 12:04 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-05-23 11:37, mattfink wrote:

Does the concrete tiki look like this one?

well then, never mind.

View Profile of Feelin' Zombified Send a personal message to Feelin' Zombified  Email Feelin' Zombified     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mattfink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-23 12:45 pm   Permalink

That pic is in the Shutterfly album....I'll still make your tiki spitter for you!!!

Matty

Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-23 1:00 pm   Permalink

Mattfink,
Nice pond. I really enjoy Koi fish. They are very peaceful to watch except when there are thousands of them in a single pond and they start swarming for food and sticking their heads out of the water and opening and closing their mouths in famished desperation. That kind of freaks me out. We have three Koi and a goldfish in our pond, plus a frog that took up residence inside a Japanese lantern next to the water.
KG

View Profile of Kailuageoff Send a personal message to Kailuageoff  Email Kailuageoff     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mattfink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-23 1:18 pm   Permalink

KG,

I don't actually have any Koi as they got eaten by a Heron last year. I could't afford to continue feeding the bird, so I've bought some Shebunkins, Fantails, Comets and some nice big Goldfish. Surprisingly, the bird hasn't eaten any of the cheap fish!!

M

Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-23 1:51 pm   Permalink

Actually, we have hawks and herons and even a Bald Eagle that fly around our neighborhood, but they have not gobbled up our fish yet. Our pond is completely fenced and within eight feet of the roof of the house so maybe the enclosed space is keeping them out. Either that or the garden tikis are scaring them away.
KG

[ This Message was edited by: Kailuageoff on 2005-05-23 13:51 ]

View Profile of Kailuageoff Send a personal message to Kailuageoff  Email Kailuageoff     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitammy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-23 4:28 pm   Permalink

Very nice pond and it's looking very tiki. I would love to have a pond one day to add to our existing tiki theme backyard and you have given me some really good ideas. Thanks for sharing.

View Profile of tikitammy Send a personal message to tikitammy  Goto the website of tikitammy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-23 7:07 pm   Permalink

I like the 2 level approach. Is the netting to keep out the herons?

I haven't had a problem with big birds yet, but my pond is nestled under some large evergreens, and has three large dogs gaurding the perimeter.

http://www.NiceFishy.com

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-23 10:08 pm   Permalink

Very nice, mattfink. I like the tiki fountain too.

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coconut KC
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-05-23 10:50 pm   Permalink

Cool stuff, i'd love to be one of those fish.

View Profile of Coconut KC Send a personal message to Coconut KC  Email Coconut KC     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation