Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Cinerama South Seas Adventure
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Cinerama South Seas Adventure
PlainOtiki

Posted: 2012-08-28 3:29 pm   Permalink

Here's a shot of Ramine from the 2012 digital premiere of the film:

Taken from:
http://www.in70mm.com/news/2012/ramine/index.htm

Apparently there may be a Blu-ray release based on the sales of some other Cinerama discs being released next month. I am sure home viewing wouldn't quite be the same, but it seems better than nothing for those of us who can't make it to Hollywood.

View Profile of PlainOtiki Send a personal message to PlainOtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2012-09-18 8:42 pm   Permalink

I'm gonna have to miss it but the trailer looks great!

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PlainOtiki

Posted: 2013-04-24 10:03 pm   Permalink

It won't be out until October, but the Blu-ray/DVD release was just announced:

http://www.flickeralley.biz/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=110&Itemid=56

View Profile of PlainOtiki Send a personal message to PlainOtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
creativenative
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-25 04:34 am   Permalink

Thanks Plainotiki for the great news. With this Blu-ray release as well as the recent Hell's Half Acre Blu-ray release Its been a great month for Tiki Movies. It nice to read about others with the same wonderment about this film. Apparently some of us also have posters and programs about this documovie and not have seen it. Lucky for you that went to see it. And lucky for all of us to be able to buy the Blu-ray. Long live Tiki!

View Profile of creativenative Send a personal message to creativenative  Email creativenative Goto the website of creativenative     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PlainOtiki

Posted: 2013-04-25 4:51 pm   Permalink

Hey, thanks to you for the news as well! I caught Hell's Half Acre on Netflix streaming a while back, but had no idea it had been released on Blu-ray (and no longer streaming).

P.S. Your website is awesome!

creativenative
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-25 9:12 pm   Permalink

Mahalo Plain-O

View Profile of creativenative Send a personal message to creativenative  Email creativenative Goto the website of creativenative     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Below Decks
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-04-26 1:30 pm   Permalink

If you try to preorder the new DVD, it says "All orders placed now will not be scheduled to ship until on, or just before, Tuesday, October 22, 2013 in conjunction with the 50th Anniversary Pacific Cinerama Dome Theatre Celebration Events.)" Let's hope this means that there will be new showings of the movie at the Cenerama Dome shortly before the release!

View Profile of The Below Decks Send a personal message to The Below Decks  Goto the website of The Below Decks     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cinerama Aficionado

Posted: 2013-07-05 12:42 pm   Permalink

An update to this SSA topic. The digitally restored Blu-ray/DVD release with 5.1 surround sound is scheduled for Oct 22, 2013. The Special Pre-Release Sale Price: US$29.96 through the distributor, http://www.flickeralley.com.
note - I now see from the above posts you are all aware of this.

[ This Message was edited by: Cinerama Aficionado 2013-07-05 12:47 ]

View Profile of Cinerama Aficionado Send a personal message to Cinerama Aficionado      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MaukaHale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-31 10:29 am   Permalink

I just received the new Blu-ray disc of CINERAMA: South Seas Adventure. So far I wave watched the part when they go to Hawaii. I find you need to sit close to the screen to feel like your in the picture. Great picture resolution. Looking at Hawaii in pre-1958 makes you realize how much of the island paradise is gone and will never be again. I can't wait to view the rest of the film.

You can still get $10 off the price if you purchase it before Nov 2nd.

http://www.flickeralley.biz/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=110&Itemid=56

"People are like islands. You have to get close to them to know what they are about."
~ Adam Troy

[ This Message was edited by: MaukaHale 2013-10-31 10:33 ]

View Profile of MaukaHale Send a personal message to MaukaHale      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
creativenative
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-04 12:31 am   Permalink

Finally got my Blu-ray/DVD copy. Love the Cinerama screen and the curtain effects. Great photography, a must for any tiki/South Seas movie collection. Here are some shots to wet your appetite:

Tahiti paradise

Fiji warriors

Maori performers

Tikis marking Gauguin's old hangout

One of many shots of Don the Beachcomber in Waikiki

Tahines saying goodbye

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation