FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Sabina and Mike's California Coastal Crawl- May & June '05!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Sabina and Mike's California Coastal Crawl- May & June '05!
Sabina
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-05-24 01:54 am   Permalink

It's post Oasis, and WE NEED TIKI! (And we want to meet West Coast Tikicentralites!)

I lived in Ohio- the Kahiki's now gone.

I live in the DC area- Honolulu's now gone.

So what can I say, it was time to go coastal! Cali-Tiki-fornia (mostly) Coastal that is.

For the next month or so, Mike (who hasn't really found his Tiki central name yet, but has been Tiki Traveling right alongside me) and I will be doing a laid back crawl from San Diego up towards Sacramento, then slowly back home towards Maryland.

In between we have a few friends to meet up with etc- but we want to squeeze in lots of Tiki along the way. We've done parts of SoCal Tiki-wise before, but we want to do much more and meet with Tikicentralites as we go.

Now, are we going to get to see everyone, all the home bars, and all the amazing Tikis between here and there, unfortunately no. BUT in a real laid back kinda way, sometimes very spur of the moment, we'll be stopping by lots of places.

For the next month or so, when I can, I'll ping this thread with the when and where we're going to be for meet ups, and folks can work out details of meeting up, make suggestions of places we must not miss etc.

Meanwhile, everyone can follow some of our travels on our Tiki webpage, which we'll update as we find time-

http://www.sevenpleasures.org/gallery/

Oh, and come hell or high water, I'm NOT leaving CA without experiencing Tiki-Ti!

[ This Message was edited by: Sabina on 2005-05-24 02:14 ]

View Profile of Sabina Send a personal message to Sabina  Goto the website of Sabina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabina
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-05-24 02:06 am   Permalink

Southernmost Cali-crawl point- San Diego.

*This* Thurday night- May 26th.
Bali Hai for drinks and Puu Puus, or dinner if folks are so inclined. afterwards, we can wander the gardens.

We'll aim for early evening as the Bali Hai is not a late night kinda place.

Anyone interested in getting together, give a heads up here so if it's going to be a larger group we can do a reservation.

View Profile of Sabina Send a personal message to Sabina  Goto the website of Sabina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PapeToaTane
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-24 06:05 am   Permalink

Let us know when your chosen Tiki Ti date will be - we'll meet ya there! (Shoot for a Wednesday - they're the best night!)

View Profile of PapeToaTane Send a personal message to PapeToaTane  Email PapeToaTane Goto the website of PapeToaTane     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-05-24 08:23 am   Permalink

When you get to the Orange County Area in Southern California make sure you stop by The Royal Hawaiian in Laguna Beach for a Lapu Lapu, you won't be disappointed. Fun Tiki Restaurant and the food is good too!
~WooHoo

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-24 08:35 am   Permalink

Sabina ,
Give me a heads up when your in the Monterey Bay area.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OnaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-24 08:45 am   Permalink

We're in for drinks & pupu's. Just let us know what time.

And you're always welcome to stop by our place, The 'Ona Tiki Bar & Grill if you are in the neighborhood. We're in Clairemont. PM us for directions.
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=9252&forum=7&104

See you Thursday.
Aloha

View Profile of OnaTiki Send a personal message to OnaTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-24 08:53 am   Permalink

You are going to stop by the carving demo/party at the Lagoon Room on Saturday Right?

You will be able to meet almost all the San Diego TCers at one time and see Alnshelys home too.

See the tiki events thread for directions.

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
alohabros
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-24 12:53 pm   Permalink

San Diego Tour Leg - breakfast at Rancho's, sail late morning/early afternoon on San Diego Bay, then head for the Bali Hai around 3pm... seared ahi, seaweed salad and mai tais... sleep in the garden... wake up and repeat

View Profile of alohabros Send a personal message to alohabros      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OnaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-24 12:58 pm   Permalink

3:00 might be a little early for us on a weeknight. I don't get home from work till 5:00. But we'll head over if you'll still be there.
Aloha,
'Ona & Moki

View Profile of OnaTiki Send a personal message to OnaTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2005-05-24 4:19 pm   Permalink

When in OC/HB, the Bong Hut is always open.

PM me.

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabina
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-05-25 8:07 pm   Permalink

San Diego time set-

*Tomarrow* night 7:15 meeting at Mr. Bali Hai's head right by the front door.

Anyone else in the area wanna drop by please do! Roughly 7:30 we'll head upstairs.

MAHALO!

Sabina
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-05-25 8:35 pm   Permalink

* Next Event- Oceanside
Saturday we're going to aim for the 2nd Semi-Annual Carving Seminar, May 28th

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=14589&forum=4&46

Moki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-25 8:41 pm   Permalink

Come on San Diegans!! Show your Aloha and meet us for a

See you at 7:30

View Profile of Moki Send a personal message to Moki  Email Moki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kick_the_reverb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-26 1:22 pm   Permalink

I'll try to see if we can make it...and if not, we'll see you in Oceanside.
Ran

View Profile of kick_the_reverb Send a personal message to kick_the_reverb  Email kick_the_reverb Goto the website of kick_the_reverb     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ModMana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-26 5:18 pm   Permalink

Trying to rearrange some things. We might be there. Still 50/50 at this moment. We'll definitely be at the carving demo on Saturday though...

ModMana

View Profile of ModMana Send a personal message to ModMana  Email ModMana     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation