Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Chicago Tiki - TONIGHT
Chicago Tiki - TONIGHT
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-24 1:51 pm   Permalink

In honor of KuKuAhu and his wahine being in Chicago from Ohio, we're gathering a small posse to make a weekday excursion to Chef Shangri-La and Hala Kahiki.

We're meeting at the Chef at 7:15 for dinner, and then heading to Hala Kahiki, probably no later than 9:00.

KuKuAhu, his gal, her boss, Dimethos, TipsyMcSagger, and myself are in: come on down and join us!

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KuKuAhu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-26 09:07 am   Permalink

James, thank you so much for showing us around Tuesday night. It was a real pleasure simply to visit these establishments, but having you along as a tour guide truly made the evening just that much more enjoyable.

Tipsy, nice to meet you as well, and I do hope you can join us in August.

I'm afraid I pretty much had hit the wall by the time we got to Hala Kahiki and wasn't much good for conversation (a bar stool at Trader Vic's had been my perch prior to Chef Shangri-La, and all the running around we had been doing for the past three days had me fairly worn down).

In the end, I have to say that the awe inspiring interiors at both locations, the amazing collection of Witco artifacts at HK, the drinks at the Chef, and the company of an expert tiki traveler were the highlights of my trip.

Mahalo James, hope to see you soon.

Ahu

Fraternal Order of Moai

View Profile of KuKuAhu Send a personal message to KuKuAhu  Email KuKuAhu Goto the website of KuKuAhu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation