FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving aloha oe
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
aloha oe
theartcoach
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-05-25 2:12 pm   Permalink

I understand as well....I teach art during the day to provide for my family. Oh how I wish I could make a living off the art I wanna make. I am not a strictly tiki artist...and never want to be labeled into one type art either.

Press on guys!!!

View Profile of theartcoach Send a personal message to theartcoach  Email theartcoach     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-25 3:31 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-05-25 14:03, Benzart wrote:

(anybody seen BasementKahuna lately??)

I swear I thought the same thing about a minute before I read this.

www.flounderart.com

View Profile of FLOUNDERart Send a personal message to FLOUNDERart  Email FLOUNDERart Goto the website of FLOUNDERart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
john
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-25 3:49 pm   Permalink

i know where you're coming from. its tough.. been trying my own thing for a month and a half. i have a few other series that i create.. the tikis are my personal favorite, if i could get something going mainly tiki i would be more than happy.good luck
john

Creative Glassworks "Island Series"
http://www.creativeglassworksaz.com
john@creativeglassworksaz.com

View Profile of john Send a personal message to john  Email john Goto the website of john     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-25 4:36 pm   Permalink

Kooche, that is strange to say that you most likely will not do something again. I was shocked when famed bike builder Jesse James said no more built choppers for him. Although, Its a good thing, you leaving and me try to come in, on a small seperate plain. Its the circle of life.

But if you do other things, and people know this, they will respone. If people know you are stopping, then they will seek out the last remaining tiki and you will probably have a better chance reaching a bigger following, with other subjects, making the previous work more wanted. Its working already on me. I love your work, you are probably the most creative painter.

that above picture though doesn't have a tiki in it. Love that little logo guy. Picasso had his blue period.

the Orongo Room

[ This Message was edited by: teaKEY on 2005-05-26 15:56 ]

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kooche
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-25 4:49 pm   Permalink

wow

it's sooo nice to STILL be privy to hearing encouraging things said about my artistic desire and it's results...really - you people are sooo cool...

sirginn - i don't have to tell you how much i appreciate your committed devotion to supporting my work...you and C are the ultimate in collectors to me...i love you! thanks for supporting me in this time of change...

humu - you are equally supportive in so many other regards...it has been a pleasure getting to know you in the last few months...shit...it's been a year now i guess huh...WILD!

everyone...thanks...i'll be around...i love this place...i'm not going anywhere i will just be doin something new...thanks for undrstanding y'all!

many mahalos and aloha for now

View Profile of kooche Send a personal message to kooche  Goto the website of kooche     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-25 5:07 pm   Permalink

Kooche I think that I asked you before but is there a chance to get the work that is on your website. The tiki ones of course.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-25 7:48 pm   Permalink

hey kooche (and flounder too) I think humu summed it up nicely by simply saying its not the tiki - it's the art and the two of you HAVE IT! You could paint an owl and it would be AWESOME!

Kooche - your cartoony style is amazing, and I've drooled over every piece that you've put on this board - tiki or not and I REALLY look forward to seeing what you have in store for your future artistic endeavors - totally wild I would guess!!!!

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kooche
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-25 9:37 pm   Permalink

i still have one really big fat tiki piece to do...the cover of tiki magazine...and i am in the middle of designing shirts for the Tiki Ti which will i think be for sale at the bar ... why else would they ask me to design one for them...

so far as my next show is concerned ... it's a two man show on july 16th...the title is "Heaven and HELL!" so there it is...i am in the midst of doing a ton of research on the old master's style of painting...though i can see it will take me some time to finesse i can also appreciate how much more of a grip i have on oil today than i had a year ago...in a few years i'll be duck in water!

thanks again for all the encouragement everyone!

View Profile of kooche Send a personal message to kooche  Goto the website of kooche     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-26 3:49 pm   Permalink

I'll take that as a no.

Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-26 7:13 pm   Permalink

My brother from another mother. Do your own thing and the faithful will follow. Monkeyman, easy on the 20 questions.

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kooche
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-26 11:35 pm   Permalink

teakey

sorry...didn't mean to ignore you ...sure you can buy the remaining art left...they are as follows...this is the best piece in the show in my opinion...i was glad it didn't sell...it's hanging at the Tiki Ti and it's a black light piece!!!

Beach Bon Tiki
20" x 20" - Gouache - $2,000

Eternal Reunion
18" x 24" - Gouache - $1,800
now at the Tiki Ti

All Hands
20" x 20" - Gouache - $1,450
also at the Tiki Ti

Moonlit Reunion
20" x 20" - Gouache - $1,250

Revenge
10" x 14" - Gouache - $650

Board Borrow
12" x 9" - Gouache - $700

there is one more piece but i am too tired to post it now...thanks once more everyone!

ALOHA DREAMS FOR ME NOW!

SES
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-27 01:06 am   Permalink

It may be taps for the tapa but you have to stick around here because the tiki is in your blood and you won't stop listening to the music.

Reminds me I need to mail something to you.

SES

View Profile of SES Send a personal message to SES      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-27 09:58 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Monkeyman 2014-01-20 19:44 ]

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thorsten Hasenkamm
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-27 2:44 pm   Permalink

Nice one, bro!

View Profile of Thorsten Hasenkamm Send a personal message to Thorsten Hasenkamm  Email Thorsten Hasenkamm Goto the website of Thorsten Hasenkamm     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-01 5:45 pm   Permalink

Wow kooche, your stuff is Miles above the rest. The more that I look at your body of work, the more that I'm impressed.

Let me congratulate you on being in JUXTAPOZ.
I like the "Eternal Reunion" picture and the one with the six arms. If I had more money at the time I would get one.
When are the prints due?? I love how you got all those characters going on and patterns. I am inspired to paint like that.
One question, I see that you have repeat characters which is great. Where does the idea for the tiki necklace come from? A real object? And if you want to do a super quick ink drawing of like a monster's hand and the necklace for me I'll take one.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation