Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving outdoor tiki hot tub
outdoor tiki hot tub
exotica59
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-25 6:24 pm   Permalink

Some of you may remember that two weeks ago one of the "little darlings" at school accidentally broke ol' Ms. Mels fingers in a door. The school sent me home and won't let me return till I have no restrictions.
So what to do?
We have a old hot tub enclosure that after many years of sun and snow, needed a new paint job. Since we do live in the snow belt and see way too much gray, I wanted the enclosure to have some color, but since it looked sort of like a hut anyway....

I don't have alot of extra cash right now, so I had to do something cheap, at least for the time being.
Went to Home Depot and found two cans of outdoor paint in their OOPS section ( wrong mixed colors) Soft yellow was even a solid color deck stain! $5.00 a can.
Then I went to Party City and picked up a few items and then hung up a few of my masks and instant tiki hut.
I hope to make it better has the summer burns on, but a jump start for the up coming weekends.

View Profile of exotica59 Send a personal message to exotica59  Email exotica59     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-25 6:40 pm   Permalink

Is it my imagination or is thet thing growing tikis? Lookin Cooool for a Hot tub...

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-25 6:42 pm   Permalink

Wow
What a difference a little paint and some tiki makes.
Hmmmm, i have a ugly ass shed out back that could use some work.
Thanks for sharing.

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-25 6:50 pm   Permalink

that reminds me of the spinning ride at magic mountian were the floor drops out and you get stuck to the wall oh god that always makes me sick. but besides that i think it looks cool..kirby

Kirby's Island.com****Facebook**

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-25 7:11 pm   Permalink

So your glass is half full? Nice hut!

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitammy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-25 7:32 pm   Permalink

Great idea and a huge improvement. Sorry about your injury, my husband had a similar situation last year with his back. He built most of our tiki bar during his time off. Very industrious of you & a very wise use of time.

View Profile of tikitammy Send a personal message to tikitammy  Goto the website of tikitammy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
exotica59
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-25 9:06 pm   Permalink

Yes, the glass turned out to be half full alright. I have started and finished more projects around here! I have even been planting a small tropical garden that has become a neighborhood novelty. My neighbors are all retired folks so I got to hang with them and talk flowers and plants ( one of my passions for many years) I even got to read some of the stacks of books I've been meaning to read. Almost done painting the deck. and I finally started to sort through 45 years of assorted stuff that I have stashed away. I've started piles for GoodWill , eBay and the roll off dumpster I'm ordering after the holidays.
And I still have time to stop every day and watch Perry Mason! Life is good right now
Here's a picture of the tropical experiment, sorry, not the best photo
All small plants at this point.

View Profile of exotica59 Send a personal message to exotica59  Email exotica59     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation