FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Bilge » » What is your favorite bad horror movie?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
What is your favorite bad horror movie?
Riptide
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-06 2:22 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-05-26 23:03, stuff-o-rama wrote:
Phantasm!

The Tall Man tossing the casket!

The flying orb drill thingy!

The yellow blood!

Creepy as hell! Scared the crap out of me when I first saw it, later in life it was so bad I laughed through the whole thing. I guess I'm jaded...

It's funny, when I worked at Sam Goody Music in 1989. This guy kept coming in to rent movies. I couldn't figure out when I have seen him before. I thought he was either the dad in "Mork and Mindy" or the guy from Phantasm. We didn't have Phatasm in our store, so I had to go to an older video store that had it. I checked the cast list and sure enough, the name from the rental account matched the name on the box, Reginald Banister.

The next time he came in, I asked him how the movie he was returning was. He said it was O.K. I then said, "If you want an Oscar worthy film that for some reason was overlooked by the academy, may I suggest "Phantasm". He looked at me and started laughing.

View Profile of Riptide Send a personal message to Riptide  Email Riptide     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-06 2:26 pm   Permalink

Planet of the Vampires

And Devil Girl From Mars

Probably started my fetish for statuesque women in tight vinyl outfits.

View Profile of TikiGardener Send a personal message to TikiGardener  Goto the website of TikiGardener     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Cocktail
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-06 3:00 pm   Permalink

"Planet of the Vampires" is great! love the X-men outfits and all the stomping around the spaceship!

How about "The Blood on Satan's Claw"?

View Profile of Atomic Cocktail Send a personal message to Atomic Cocktail  Goto the website of Atomic Cocktail     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-14 10:59 am   Permalink

Woofmut Bump

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-14 11:38 am   Permalink

Dang good bump, Unga Bunga...Or should I say Unga Bumpa? No. I shouldn't.

Unga Bunga was referencing the thread
Halloween Round Up: Tiki Central Halloween Threads. For all your one stop Tiki Central Halloween topic locating.

Back to the topic at hand...

Wes Craven's Cursed was so bad I'd probably watch it again. I'm not hip and cool enough to tell if Mr. Craven was trying to make a bad horror film or just got lucky.

Some of the amusing bits were a hot new LA horror movie themed club which looks like a cheesy LA horror movie museum but with dance music. And there's a...

...Wait, Spoiler Alert of sorts. It's fairly obvious this is gonna happen, it's not the big plot twist or ending or anything but if you don't like to know anything about your bad horror stop reading here and look at this promo image instead.

So for the rest of you, the other funny bit is...

There's a werewolf dog! Yes, a werewolf dog. What, can't you read two words in a row? I said a werewolf dog!

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lokepa
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-10-14 12:01 pm   Permalink

Beach Girls and the Monster

with the soundtrack by Frank Sinatra Jr!!

Sue Casey as the Doctor's swinging wife steals the show!

View Profile of Lokepa Send a personal message to Lokepa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-14 12:32 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-10-14 12:01, Lokepa wrote:
Beach Girls and the Monster

with the soundtrack by Frank Sinatra Jr!!

Sue Casey as the Doctor's swinging wife steals the show!

Man, I saw this at the drive-in theater.

Trailer

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HelveTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-14 12:36 pm   Permalink

The Horror of Party Beach.

i like that Bratwurst Monster...
and the music by the del-aires is just amazing !

View Profile of HelveTiki Send a personal message to HelveTiki  Goto the website of HelveTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
King Bushwich the 33rd
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-14 12:53 pm   Permalink

Frankenstein Meets the Spacemonster

YouTube: Frankenstein Meets the Spacemonster

-The good Dr. F is not in the movie nor is his creation.
-The plot...Aliens from outer space come to Earth to abduct women for breeding stock.
-Plot is similar to a movie called Mars Needs Women
-Mars Need Women? That would be a good band name. Gotta locate that thread
-interesting little Sci-Fi cliche and inconsistency...outer space aliens always lust after Earth Women. It happens alot in Star Trek. Wouldn't they have a different perception, concept and idea of feminine beauty? I always thought that Jabba the Hut would prefer a female that looked more like his species and not Carrie Fisher even if she is wearing a metal bikini.
-It is doubtful that space aliens and Earth Women could produce offspring. I am sure the DNA would be radically different.
-I think I have too much time on my hands.
(and I should use more time using Spellcheck)

[ This Message was edited by: king bushwich the 33rd 2010-10-14 15:24 ]

View Profile of King Bushwich the 33rd Send a personal message to King Bushwich the 33rd  Goto the website of King Bushwich the 33rd     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-14 2:09 pm   Permalink

I'm kinda partial to Blood Diner, which I only discovered a year or two back...I think it may have been banned here in NZ originally cause I never saw it on VHS back in the day (and beween me & my friends we saw everything on the horror shelves. There is even a little mid-century tiki-related culture reference in the opening scene if you look carefully...

...and, although the movie was pretty terrible (and not really in a good way either), an honourable mention goes to "Zombi 2" for the zombie versus shark scene - that's a real tiger shark the guy is wrasslin with! Gotta love the DIY spirit of the classic days! Best "X" vs. "Y" battle EVER! (though I would've liked to see the shark take a limb or two off...)

(click to watch)

View Profile of Paipo Send a personal message to Paipo  Goto the website of Paipo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErkNoLikeFire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-17 05:59 am   Permalink

I've always been a big fan of Trick or Treat. Not the one that came out last year, but the one from the 80's starring Skippy from Famly Ties fighting off a satanic dead hairband frontman.
And despite it reputation, Maximum Overdrive is a great B horror movie. Killer machines, great AC/DC soundtrack and Emilio Estevez still channeling Otto from Repo Man.

“The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass.” Martin Mull

"Rum is not drinking, it's surviving" Robert Shaw THE DEEP

View Profile of ErkNoLikeFire Send a personal message to ErkNoLikeFire  Email ErkNoLikeFire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
talo ka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-17 11:29 am   Permalink

attack of the killer tomato's. you just have to love a giant beefstake hiding and waiting for the next hapless victim.

View Profile of talo ka Send a personal message to talo ka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-18 4:23 pm   Permalink

TERRORVISION

hands down.....

and THOU SHALT NOT KILL EXCEPT...
That one has some ex-Vietnam vets discovering that a Manson-ish type of gang has taken over their town....so awful it's funny!

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook too! under my real name Ken Ruzic
Yeeeeeeeah!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-18 5:24 pm   Permalink

Hands down my favorite BAD horror movie is: The Horror of Party Beach

Favorite bad psycho horror movie is: The Sadist (1963) starring Arch Hall Jr. - actually pretty decent movie!!

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lokepa
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-10-19 11:46 am   Permalink

just a tad off topic but i watched about 6 solid hours of Hammer film Mummy flicks over the weekend on TCM... the first starred Peter Cushing and Chris Lee and really good... the 2nd w/ Terence Howard not bad but the other two were kinda stinkers... all i want to know is what happened to the tanna leaves??

View Profile of Lokepa Send a personal message to Lokepa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation