[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Bilge » » i love chipotle
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
i love chipotle
john
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-26 04:07 am   Permalink

its great. if you ask nicely you can get them to start a quesadilla then open it before its crispy (cheese all melted) and put the burrito stuffins (steak is the best) in it an fold it like a burrito, its good.. if you are a student you get free drinks.. good thing i kept my id! anyways its late an im tired and rambling

Creative Glassworks "Island Series"
http://www.creativeglassworksaz.com
john@creativeglassworksaz.com

[ This Message was edited by: john on 2005-05-26 04:10 ]

View Profile of john Send a personal message to john  Email john Goto the website of john     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Gigantalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-26 06:48 am   Permalink

I've heard that the hot ticket is to get the quesadila with fat free ready whip in it.

View Profile of Gigantalope Send a personal message to Gigantalope  Email Gigantalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-26 09:40 am   Permalink

EWWWW! Gigantalope!!!

I'm a big fan of the smoked jalapeno, otherwise known as the chipotle. There is this great salad dressing I can't seem to get in Victoria, it's Chipotle Cheddar by Brianna's.

A little spicy, and very tasty. Yum!

Great Minds Drink Alike

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-05-26 12:02 pm   Permalink

hey John, are you this kid ?

i think he waxes more poetic than thou about Chipotle.

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
joefla70
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-26 12:03 pm   Permalink

I don't think chipotle would be so popular if it wasn't so fun to say!

View Profile of joefla70 Send a personal message to joefla70  Email joefla70     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
john
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-26 12:17 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-05-26 12:02, dogbytes wrote:
hey John, are you this kid ?

i think he waxes more poetic than thou about Chipotle.

now more than ever the differences between an english degree and an art degree are so clearly evident

View Profile of john Send a personal message to john  Email john Goto the website of john     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-26 12:26 pm   Permalink

Ohhh... "Chipotle" is also a restaurant! (the capital "C" makes all the difference)
Now I get this thread...
Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-26 2:16 pm   Permalink

Ahhhh! They don't have Chipotle restaurants up here either.

Thanks Dogbytes, I would have gone on in complete ignorance for who knows how long!

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
john
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-26 2:57 pm   Permalink

sorry, i should have mentioned that... like i said it was late and i was rambling

Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-26 3:07 pm   Permalink

Ah yes, the all-important shift key -- they didn't put two of the suckers on your keyboard just 'cause they had space to fill.

I love chipotle. I'm eating Salsa Baja from Baja Fresh right now. Yummy. I haven't tried Chipotle the restaurant yet, we don't have many of them down here. Aren't they owned by McDonalds?

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
john
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-26 3:37 pm   Permalink

hey cut me some slack. i was painting happy trees the day they taught the proper use of punctuation and capitalization.

chipotle oops sorry.. Chipotle sets the bar to where all other burrito places line up. the only thing similar between mcdonalds and chipotle is you will get fat if you eat enough of em. comparing chipotle to baja is like comparing red lobster to long john silvers

[ This Message was edited by: john on 2005-05-26 15:38 ]

mrs. pineapple
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-26 6:55 pm   Permalink

The Chipotle in Berkeley has the sad misfortune of being 2 blocks away from Picante, which is the best fancy mexican place in the East Bay. And by fancy, I mean the bathrooms are clean, and it's not a truck. It's just a teensy bit more $$ and the chef is a Chez Panis alum. Mmmmmm. But, Chipotle is pretty good.

View Profile of mrs. pineapple Send a personal message to mrs. pineapple      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-21 6:40 pm   Permalink

I picked up a bottle of the new chipotle flavored Tabasco sauce the other day:

It actually tastes like A-1 Steak Sauce mixed with Tabasco, but I've found that I like it quite a bit and I'm putting it on everything. It was especially good on my mashed sweet potatoes yesterday. At the moment I'm eating it on some baked cheddar cheese & potatoes.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
alohabros
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-21 7:03 pm   Permalink

if you're talkin the fast food chain (ala Mcdondoes)... slap it bland.

if you're talkin chiles, you might check into anita's in the tucson barrio... ask gloria to set you up, but ya gotta get there an' pick it up yourself! her tortillas rule, too!

you could venture into the drunken non-mecca of new mexico and capture the flag an' flee mit der chile... don't forget to grab a pasole recipe, too. tiki n' posole make for an odd but warm mix.

elsewise, force dry jalapenos on your own.

when all else fails, frozen diced green hatch chiles will do, just mix 'em in your stew.

View Profile of alohabros Send a personal message to alohabros      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
john
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-22 12:05 am   Permalink

oooh no, slap it yummy!!!
if authentic is your thing la parrilla suiza in phoenix is bestest!

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation